FX and drums question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
david1806

26 Jul 2021

Hi all....

I hope I can word this correctly and be understood!

So, I have my UMPF drums in a combinator, as traditionally I am used to using ReDrum which obviously has no inbuilt FX. It is my usual set-up, 14:2 mixer, with each instrument getting its own channel. But, of course, all the FX are routed internally, so they are not working. I routed the master L&R into the mixer channel, which surprisingly, did kinda work, it only routed the FX to that channel (not the drum sound) but of course, it's ALL the FX of every drum!

So I am sure there is a way round this (it says in the manual you can, but not how!) BUT my question is not necessarily how to, but should I even bother using a combinator and separate mixer. Simply because UMPF kinda does the same job that I use a combinator for i.e. separate channels, with their own FX.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

david1806

26 Jul 2021

I have just uncombined it, using it solo - I think that is the answer!!

PhillipOrdonez

26 Jul 2021

Personally, regardless of the drum machine I'm using, I will inevitably send each channel to their own MIX channel so I can have full control over the inserts and sends. I may occasionally use some send effects from umpf, I often use the chop one, and those effects just go to their own MIX channel as well. I don't bother with using the little mixer and combinators for my drums; I need full control.

geronimo

27 Jul 2021

This is certainly what we can do, but we still lose the internal effects of Club Drums.

faire.jpg
faire.jpg (99.04 KiB) Viewed 276 times

• Information