about reason after v10

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Rising Night Wave

26 Jul 2021

am. am i only one who has noticed that when there was reason version 10 out there it was all fine and okey. talking about here on reason talk forum.
but then when came out version 11 and now 12 there are so many complains about errors and not working situations. i am also pissed off so much that literally i would like to send them one F.O. message. from polar to players and so on till some synths stops playing and so. what the f and h?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Loque

26 Jul 2021

Yes, you are the only one.
The ppl always complained and still complain about anything and everything.
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

26 Jul 2021

Although not addressing requested fixes, v10 was beautiful update...subsequent updates until today are highly controversial / disappointing for me. I would be happy If they just fix that horrible sequencer scroll behaviour, that super crazy distracting browser auto defocus and fix the buggy VST support (a lot of VST plugins have laggy UI in Reason).

DaveyG

26 Jul 2021

I think 11 has been pretty good. There are currently some problems with 12 but that's because it is not yet finished.

motuscott

26 Jul 2021

11 Suite was a good deal for me. Recognizing what Reason is and isn't helped staunch the bleeding. A little
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Rising Night Wave

26 Jul 2021

well, when i got r10 i started to follow and participate in reasontalk forum. and if i remember it clear then there were only threads asking for help ie. how to do sometihng. and no threads for telling the problems and errors. but when v11 and now v12 came out i see people mainly only compalin about errors and problems.

well, maybe i am wrong. but if i remember it right it was so as i said. but i must say before that i did not know for reasontalk forum so i do not know how was the scene about and around reason - before v10.

i must say: when i was using reason 10 i got absolutely no problem. neither one time. all time everything was okey and fine. but when i got v11 and v12 i got a lot of problems.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

anDre

26 Jul 2021

No, you are not the only one.

As far as i remember Reason was never that buggy prior v11.
Even with the latest v11.3.9 the sample editor is still broken.

dannyF

27 Jul 2021

You are defiantley NOT the only one. I have noticed the same thing.

I have NOT upgraded Reason beyond 10 because (1) the upgrades have not been worth it (2) I am waiting for RS to prove themselves (3) I also noticed the flakiness of the program since being taken over by RS.

I had grave suspicions and concerns when they immedialtey changed the branding as their first move.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2021

dannyF wrote:
27 Jul 2021
You are defiantley NOT the only one. I have noticed the same thing.

I have NOT upgraded Reason beyond 10 because (1) the upgrades have not been worth it (2) I am waiting for RS to prove themselves (3) I also noticed the flakiness of the program since being taken over by RS.

I had grave suspicions and concerns when they immedialtey changed the branding as their first move.
1. For you of course.
2. What do you want them to prove?
3. There’s always been bugs even when they were still called Propellerheads. Don’t see how it’s flakier now than it was before.
4. I believe one of the reasons they rebranded to RS was to make them easier to find on an internet browser search.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

29 Jul 2021

I've been on Reason 11 since day one and I have had 0 issues with it so I have not noticed it's been worse then 10 or before. I went for the 12 + 3 months for $3 but the load time just made me cancel the subscription right aways, even though I think by September they should have sorted it out and I be upgrading to 12 if not I'll be waiting.
Hi-Res is not worth extra load time for me if it was a graphic or video software yes it would matter, in Reason I spend 90% of the time not looking at the screen

slic

29 Jul 2021

The promise of Hi Res (well, scaling...I'm a a 4K Monitor) and the 11 Suite deal (with free 12 upgrade) brought me over to Reason, so its worked for me!

orthodox
RE Developer

29 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
27 Jul 2021
4. I believe one of the reasons they rebranded to RS was to make them easier to find on an internet browser search.
I think the name change was a token of suppression, an assertion of power of the new management team over the old engineering one. The old team had allegedly messed it up due to their lack of proper attitude, which was partially inspired by the former name.

avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
29 Jul 2021
I think the name change was a token of suppression, an assertion of power of the new management team over the old engineering one. The old team had allegedly messed it up due to their lack of proper attitude, which was partially inspired by the former name.
I always thought the name was too personal to the previous owners, and part of the deal was that they could not keep the name.

Mataya

30 Jul 2021

For me it's still the most stable daw I work with. I work in Nuendo and Pro Tools every day professionally and they'r at their latest version and they'r still giving me such headaches every day. Reason is nowhere near for me in that regard.

M

• Information