[Speculative] Will you be able to run new devices (sampler/combi v2} in reason 11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jakecento

22 Jul 2021

I realize this is likely speculation and only someone from reason studios may possibly be able to answer for sure- or perhaps we will have to wait for release to find out.

I am wondering if someone from reason 11 were to upgrade/subscribe to reason 12/+ securing ownership/rental status of the upcoming new sampler and combi- do you think it may be possible to install and run these rack extensions in reason version 11 if 12 is deemed to buggy/slow/etc on release? (If available as separate REs like friktion, etc- I assume upgrading will be cheaper than buying two REs separately.)

I never have gone back to an earlier version after upgrading in the past- so I am not sure if any new devices have been available in previous versions after being installed before- but perhaps someone here has experience with that?

I imagine its possible they will only work with reason 12- but if someone opted to stay on 11 until high-res is working smoothly- it would be cool if they could still install the new REs for 11.

Thoughts?
Reason 11 Suite // Native Instruments Komplete 13
TASCAM Model 12 // Alesis Elevate 4
Windows 10 Home 64x // i7-8750H // 16GB RAM

kbard

23 Jul 2021

This is speculation but I don't believe that new combnator will be available for previous versions nor should anyone expect it.

1. Reason 12 isn't buggy or slow. Hires assets may need some time to load only for the first time but that's it. There are some other things which they will polish further down the line, but Reason 12 is far from being buggy or slow.
2. New "combinator" is kinda new version feature. It's not new instrument or new RE in the sense of an item. I mean Combinator is "utility". It probably brings some new structural changes which is why it won't be available in Reason 11.

It is not uncommon that something introduced in new version does not find it's way into previous versions.

So I don't think it will be available for Reason 11, 10 9 or so on.

QVprod

23 Jul 2021

Likely not. However R12 isn’t fully out yet. I wouldn’t be too concerned with the few that are experiencing bugs right now with the early access version.

DaveyG

23 Jul 2021

I think there is a small chance the sampler will run in R11 but only if it is an RE rather than a built-in device AND if the SDK has not been updated between 11 and 12. But the combinator is almost certainly a built-in device.

However, I expect R12 to be much more stable and bug-fixed within a month or two of the release.

gullum

23 Jul 2021

kbard wrote:
23 Jul 2021

1. Reason 12 isn't buggy or slow. Hires assets may need some time to load only for the first time but that's it. There are some other things which they will polish further down the line, but Reason 12 is far from being buggy or slow.
yes it needs to load it every time so if you close down reason your are back to super slow loading of everything again. It might not be buggy but it is slow as slow can be. I highly doubt that the majority of users load reason and leave it running forever so it will be slow again. it takes me over 30 second to load a project that took 7 seconds in R11 and I am getting this message and I only have it set to 100%
Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 9.21.39 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 9.21.39 AM.png (148.54 KiB) Viewed 419 times
and adding a device that is instance in R11 now can take up to 10 seconds to load

kbard

23 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
23 Jul 2021
yes it needs to load it every time so if you close down reason your are back to super slow loading of everything again. It might not be buggy but it is slow as slow can be. I highly doubt that the majority of users load reason and leave it running forever so it will be slow again. it takes me over 30 second to load a project that took 7 seconds in R11 and I am getting this message and I only have it set to 100%
and adding a device that is instance in R11 now can take up to 10 seconds to load
I believe you have a problem and you should open a support ticket. Your experience seems terribly wrong and I feel for you.

I don't believe their support is monitoring this forum constantly each hour every day so my advice is to contact them. Why?

Because I have R11 and R12 and all of my projects does not exhibit your experience at all. Even my largest project load just fine. Actually to be honest, something which loaded like around 3 seconds, takes up perhaps 4 seconds or something. Sometimes it's same. But I have really strong computer.

So perhaps something is wrong with R12 configuration or something else inside your setup. My point is, it's impossible to solve issue unless they are aware of it.

Good luck

gullum

23 Jul 2021

kbard wrote:
23 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
23 Jul 2021
I believe you have a problem and you should open a support ticket. Your experience seems terribly wrong and I feel for you.

I don't believe their support is monitoring this forum constantly each hour every day so my advice is to contact them. Why?

Because I have R11 and R12 and all of my projects does not exhibit your experience at all. Even my largest project load just fine. Actually to be honest, something which loaded like around 3 seconds, takes up perhaps 4 seconds or something. Sometimes it's same. But I have really strong computer.

So perhaps something is wrong with R12 configuration or something else inside your setup. My point is, it's impossible to solve issue unless they are aware of it.

Good luck
going by the other thread here about hires they are aware of it and a supposed fix is on the way, I too have a relatively well spect Mac and no it's not something wrong with my machine when Reason 11 has absolutely no problem

• Information