Reason+ Reason 12 download corrupt.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fullforce

12 Jul 2021

So I've downloaded it twice, both corrupt, 5 checksum errors.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Jul 2021

fullforce wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Please show more details, otherwise it's hard to troubleshoot. Make sure to reach out to support too as they've probably run into this today already and have a solution.

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
fullforce wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Please show more details, otherwise it's hard to troubleshoot. Make sure to reach out to support too as they've probably run into this today already and have a solution.
But if I would take a stab in the dark :) Try using a different unzip utility. There are some known issues there. If on Mac, try using the native Archive Utility.

fullforce

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021

But if I would take a stab in the dark :) Try using a different unzip utility. There are some known issues there. If on Mac, try using the native Archive Utility.
WinRAR is not supported, or something? Anyway, used both the native Windows unzip and Winrar. The problem is in the file.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021

Using 7-zip now, same error.
reason crc.png
reason crc.png (5.8 KiB) Viewed 708 times

fullforce

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
fullforce wrote:
12 Jul 2021
There is only one solution, upload a proper archive.

fullforce

13 Jul 2021

Still not fixed.

Biolumin3sc3nt

13 Jul 2021

I'm having the same issue on My iMac

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Happened to me too until I used the internal archive utility. Extracted without issue. Keka and The Unarchiver gave me errors. Something is definitely wrong with it though - Keka never gives me issues.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

hurricane wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Happened to me too until I used the internal archive utility. Extracted without issue. Keka and The Unarchiver gave me errors. Something is definitely wrong with it though - Keka never gives me issues.
I'm on the PC version. There's a thread on Reddit about it as well, something about disabling Windows Defender, but that didn't work either. This needs to be FIXED. And now of course, *crickets*

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

Just downloaded it at work, we use Bitdefender here and Windows defender is completely disabled. No corruption. So it is something with the Windows antivirus, I'd say.

Zac

15 Jul 2021

I can't extract the file either. I've tried winrar, 7zip and explorer and they all say it's corrupt. I can't download anywhere else. What do I do?

fullforce

15 Jul 2021

Zac wrote:
15 Jul 2021
I can't extract the file either. I've tried winrar, 7zip and explorer and they all say it's corrupt. I can't download anywhere else. What do I do?
Disable the windows antivirus and firewall entirely? Don't forget to switch it back on.

• Information