[ended] 3 months of Reason+ for $3 (offer valid for 3 days)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
orthodox
RE Developer

17 Jul 2021

plaamook wrote:
17 Jul 2021
fullforce wrote:
14 Jul 2021

I'll drink to that.
Judging by the way things look at the mo with HiRes etc I may end up drinking quite a lot actually!
I am going to smoke more. I can have a cigarette while waiting for the hi-res graphics to render.

scotward57

17 Jul 2021

So I was tempted by the 3 month for$3 offer but I didn't go through with it, or at least I thought. Or maybe it was signing up and downloading the R12 beta on my other Mac, just so it wouldn't mess up the regular Mac I use for music. Well whatever it was, it caused my RRP to stop loading rack extensions in Logic Pro.

What a disaster! How could Reason Studios Inc. do this to their customers? I understand economics and how Reason Studios Inc is getting their asses handed to them by other DAWs and so they came up with this desperate subscription scheme. Whatever, I get it.

But don't screw with your loyal customer base by all of these blatant attempts to rope your customers into this mess you created! At the very least, I just want to be able to go back to my R11 suite setup and be left alone.

I swear whoever made the decision to pull Reason Studios Inc. down this path needs to be fired!! Worst business decision ever!

scotward57

17 Jul 2021

Thanks for moving my post, even though I didn't ask you to. Anyway I managed to fix the RRP problem I was having. So do what you want with my rant.

Loque

17 Jul 2021

scotward57 wrote:
17 Jul 2021
Thanks for moving my post, even though I didn't ask you to. Anyway I managed to fix the RRP problem I was having. So do what you want with my rant.
You are welcome. :thumbup:
Reason12, Win10

Billy+

27 Jul 2021

So how is everyone liking the content packs?

I think the releases should be daily.
The folder structure needs some work.
I would like to have the cover art included in the download.
And I definitely prefer to see Reason project files for the demo tracks.
I would rather see less grain patches and more synths with a decent effect chain.

slic

27 Jul 2021

I am more impressed than I thought I would be....nice mix of stuff, more than just synth pre-sets and often quite inspiring (song starters)
100% agree on Reason project files for the demo tracks.

The rate that they are putting them out is impressive, but they will need to really think through how they will be stored and sorted (grouped? folders in folders?) or it will very soon be unmanageable and without tagging almost impossible to find anything a year later....

Billy+

27 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
I am more impressed than I thought I would be....nice mix of stuff, more than just synth pre-sets and often quite inspiring (song starters)

The rate that they are putting them out is impressive, but they will need to really think through how they will be stored and sorted (grouped? folders in folders?) or it will very soon be unmanageable and without tagging almost impossible to find anything a year later....
Yeah even using companion is going to get difficult soon, and the lack of tags within Reasons search has been an issue for years which now looks like the only real option.

Nearly (200) packs with over (2000) patches is a lot of work to look through and not being able to tag your own groups is a pain.

jamespember
Reason Studios

28 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021
slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Yeah even using companion is going to get difficult soon, and the lack of tags within Reasons search has been an issue for years which now looks like the only real option.

Nearly (200) packs with over (2000) patches is a lot of work to look through and not being able to tag your own groups is a pain.
Just to chime in here, yeah we know that with the volume and frequency of content, we've gotta invest in some better tools for managing and finding things. Absolutely on our radar and something we will do. Better search, tagging, categories and even some personalisation/recommendations are all things we are looking at.

jamespember
Reason Studios

28 Jul 2021

slic wrote:
27 Jul 2021
Glad to hear this! :thumbup:

slic

28 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
28 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
27 Jul 2021

Just to chime in here, yeah we know that with the volume and frequency of content, we've gotta invest in some better tools for managing and finding things. Absolutely on our radar and something we will do. Better search, tagging, categories and even some personalisation/recommendations are all things we are looking at.
Glad to hear this! :thumbup:

:D

Matti

02 Aug 2021

Has the billing issue with the 333 offer (where the next invoice is indicated as full price) been adressed by RS staff here?
I can't find a post about it.

Here's a screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 10.26.37.png
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 10.26.37.png (67.75 KiB) Viewed 605 times

dannyF

02 Aug 2021

scotward57 wrote:
17 Jul 2021
So I was tempted by the 3 month for$3 offer but I didn't go through with it, or at least I thought. Or maybe it was signing up and downloading the R12 beta on my other Mac, just so it wouldn't mess up the regular Mac I use for music. Well whatever it was, it caused my RRP to stop loading rack extensions in Logic Pro.

What a disaster! How could Reason Studios Inc. do this to their customers? I understand economics and how Reason Studios Inc is getting their asses handed to them by other DAWs and so they came up with this desperate subscription scheme. Whatever, I get it.

But don't screw with your loyal customer base by all of these blatant attempts to rope your customers into this mess you created! At the very least, I just want to be able to go back to my R11 suite setup and be left alone.

I swear whoever made the decision to pull Reason Studios Inc. down this path needs to be fired!! Worst business decision ever!
So you downloaded Reason 12 onto your music computer? Mistake #1.

Can't you just reinstall Reason 11 suite?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2021

dannyF wrote:
02 Aug 2021
scotward57 wrote:
17 Jul 2021

So you downloaded Reason 12 onto your music computer? Mistake #1.

Can't you just reinstall Reason 11 suite?
Of course he can.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information