[ended] 3 months of Reason+ for $3 (offer valid for 3 days)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

13 Jul 2021

I'm probably in the minority here, but for as tempting as it sounds on paper, I've got no desire to take advantage of this deal. for one, I'm not giving RS any more money until they show me something I really need--even if it's only 3 bucks. 4k looks great, but I can get by just fine with the same blurry old Reason I'm used to.

but more than that, it sounds like they haven't done their usual great job of squashing the vast majority of bugs, making sure it's super stable, and that performance is good. I'm not paying them for the privilege of getting to beta test unpolished early access software.

and then there's the last great point that others have made...if I start saving projects in R+, and decide 12 is underwhelming, I either have to upgrade anyway, keep paying to use R+ until I've finished those projects, give up on them entirely, or bounce them to another version/DAW. hard pass.

like I said, seems like a great deal on paper, but not interested in paying $3 for a headache.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Great, now everyone is going to be on +! You geniuses managed to achieve what sounded impossible to accomplish. Bravo.
Not quite all of us yet Phillip but I sure am tempted to get 3 months in the hope the new sampler and combi are released early to try. The hi res looks nice but I am not really too fussed myself (appreciate for others this is important).

Can anyone confirm if the £3 deal stops automatically at the end or do you have to sign up and add credit card/PayPal authorisation for ongoing payments and then cancel manually when 3 month is over.

I am the type of person that may forget 😟

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jul 2021

Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Great, now everyone is going to be on +! You geniuses managed to achieve what sounded impossible to accomplish. Bravo.
Not quite all of us yet Phillip but I sure am tempted to get 3 months in the hope the new sampler and combi are released early to try. The hi res looks nice but I am not really too fussed myself (appreciate for others this is important).

Can anyone confirm if the £3 deal stops automatically at the end or do you have to sign up and add credit card/PayPal authorisation for ongoing payments and then cancel manually when 3 month is over.

I'm not included either Popey. But certainly a lot will and that is something.

I think if you cancel right away it won't renew and you won't need to remember.

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Thanks Phillip. Just realised I have not used my reason+ trial yet either so think I will wait until combi etc are available and then use that (i can then start it and end it at the same time to make sure i get the month to test without risk of forgetting)

gullum

13 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2021

If you cancel right away you only get 1 month for $1 and if you then decide to go 1 more month it be $19 again

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
13 Jul 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2021

If you cancel right away you only get 1 month for $1 and if you then decide to go 1 more month it be $19 again
That makes sense since it is not a 3 month sub plan but a one month for 1 for 3 months. 🤔

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
13 Jul 2021
I'm probably in the minority here, but for as tempting as it sounds on paper, I've got no desire to take advantage of this deal. for one, I'm not giving RS any more money until they show me something I really need--even if it's only 3 bucks. 4k looks great, but I can get by just fine with the same blurry old Reason I'm used to.

but more than that, it sounds like they haven't done their usual great job of squashing the vast majority of bugs, making sure it's super stable, and that performance is good. I'm not paying them for the privilege of getting to beta test unpolished early access software.

and then there's the last great point that others have made...if I start saving projects in R+, and decide 12 is underwhelming, I either have to upgrade anyway, keep paying to use R+ until I've finished those projects, give up on them entirely, or bounce them to another version/DAW. hard pass.

like I said, seems like a great deal on paper, but not interested in paying $3 for a headache.
You don't have to use 12!

You could just use companion to download the content packs for the next few weeks :thumbs_up:
Is 200 content packs worth £3 maybe.

I got some nice Algorithm patches during my demo trial I think there was about 8-10 packs specifically for Algorithm definitely made the trial worth the hassle and probably worth £3....

would I have spent £20? Probably not but I've spent hundreds on the RE's and definitely think I should have some kind of access for that!

Maybe £1 a month is reasonable especially as I have no intention to install 12 so I can access the 11 compatible packs and cancel subscription until I'm interested again

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Me too :lol:

I would definitely prefer that I had to actually click renew every time rather than a continuous subscription that I could forget about :thumbs_up:

I'm having a bit of a lull creative point and the last time I turned my machine on was June 30th......

guitfnky

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
13 Jul 2021

You could just use companion to download the content packs for the next few weeks :thumbs_up:
true, but I never trialed R+, so I can still get all that for $3 less than $3 if/when I trial. still, I have 11 Suite, and Ableton Live Suite, so between the two, I’ve already got way more content available to me that I’ll never have time to touch, let alone signing up for even more patches. good problem to have, I guess. 😅

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021

true, but I never trialed R+, so I can still get all that for $3 less than $3 if/when I trial. still, I have 11 Suite, and Ableton Live Suite, so between the two, I’ve already got way more content available to me that I’ll never have time to touch, let alone signing up for even more patches. good problem to have, I guess. 😅
Well just remember that the trial has been shrunk from 30 days to just 7 now which is very disappointing assuming people want to trial DAW's Reasons trial has now become the most unreasonable at just 7 days.

guitfnky

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
guitfnky wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Well just remember that the trial has been shrunk from 30 days to just 7 now which is very disappointing assuming people want to trial DAW's Reasons trial has now become the most unreasonable at just 7 days.
yeah, that’s weird, but there are a lot of questionable decisions around Reason as of late—their approach to trial periods doesn’t even rank for me.

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

guitfnky wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021

yeah, that’s weird, but there are a lot of questionable decisions around Reason as of late—their approach to trial periods doesn’t even rank for me.
90 days for Logic Pro
Unlimited time for fl studio
60 days for Reaper
90 days for ableton live 11
7 days for Reason 11/12 plus (unlimited time demo mode)

30 was reasonable 7 might be ok during a holiday but really isn't tempting by comparison :oops:
Last edited by Billy+ on 13 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

13 Jul 2021

Well back in my day 😂 demoing Reason meant using the demo mode...and Reason still has its demo mode that works indefinitely. So there's that. Same limitations as always I believe.

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Well back in my day 😂 demoing Reason meant using the demo mode...and Reason still has its demo mode that works indefinitely. So there's that. Same limitations as always I believe.
Does that still work :thumbs_up:
So it's just the plus trial that is 7 days thanks for that joey :clap:

I updated the list ;)

joeyluck

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
joeyluck wrote:
13 Jul 2021
If the limitations are the same, it means you can't open your saved projects and you won't be able to use additional REs.

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021

If the limitations are the same, it means you can't open your saved projects and you won't be able to use additional REs.
I was just thinking that myself,

Most of the trials / demos limitations are not being able to open projects, BitWig is the worst I don't think you can save at all, fl studio is an interesting one as you can export but not reopen but I would guess that Reasons limitation would be loosing the RE's that got installed with the plus trial as well as saving only.

Thing with Reason is that now you have to download companion and use the plus trial to gain access to Reasons demo mode as you don't seem able to just download Reason demo..

And we all know Reapers 60 day but ultimately unlimited demo is essential :lol:

Maybe RS should consider using the £3 for 3 months at least once as an alternative to 7 day trial that could work

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

Just 7 days trial, must have missed this change. Definitely need to be on leave from work if I decide to try the trial now 😂

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Just 7 days trial, must have missed this change. Definitely need to be on leave from work if I decide to try the trial now 😂
You could grab the current offer and get 90 days for 3 buck, but your going to have to hurry :lol:

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021
You could grab the current offer and get 90 days for 3 buck, but your going to have to hurry :lol:
It's cool I will wait till sampler is out and then try it as the sampler is what I am most interested in. Combi could be cool and looking forward to that but I can already create combi's in ableton live racks.

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021

It's cool I will wait till sampler is out and then try it as the sampler is what I am most interested in. Combi could be cool and looking forward to that but I can already create combi's in ableton live racks.
What are you looking for in the sampler?

I'm fairly ok with all the samplers already in Reason and don't really see the point of a new one, but I don't really use samplers in my productions, kong Rex nnxt/19 but not for chopping just play back.

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Popey wrote:
13 Jul 2021

What are you looking for in the sampler?

I'm fairly ok with all the samplers already in Reason and don't really see the point of a new one, but I don't really use samplers in my productions, kong Rex nnxt/19 but not for chopping just play back.
I am basically interested in if/how it timestrech audio. Ableton has warp modes which are pretty good but on occasion do not sound perfect dependent on what I am using (vocals etc). Reason was always brilliant at timestreching audio and I am hoping it is implemented in the sampler like ableton has warp (hoping mimic means they copied all the other sampler/simpler features from other daws etc 😂)

Barriott

13 Jul 2021

So can I extend my reason + subscription by 3 months for £3?

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

Barriott wrote:
13 Jul 2021
So can I extend my reason + subscription by 3 months for £3?
You should be able to use the code during checkout for the discount over the next 3 months are you currently subing or running a trial?

Barriott

13 Jul 2021

My subscription runs until Feb 2022

• Information