Companion only showing a blank window

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rorystorm

12 Jul 2021

Hi, so I just opened Companion for the first time in a while and it's just showing a blank window.
Anyone else experienced this/have a fix?
I've raised a ticket with RS as well so I'll share the results if there are any.

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Hi, so I just opened Companion for the first time in a while and it's just showing a blank window.
I've raised a ticket with RS as well so I'll share the results if there are any.
Hmm what version are you running? Mac or Windows?

gullum

12 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
I tried to close down Reason 12 + and got a black screen too on Mac os, it was like when I closed down Reason it became full screen only black and had no top bar so could not minimize, had to do gesture on trackpad to get it to show open apps then from there close it down

jamespember
Reason Studios

12 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
I have a feeling you may be stuck on an old version that isn't compatible. Try downloading the latest version of the Companion from reasonstudios.com/plus instead. Let me know if that works.

rorystorm

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Windows 10 on a HP Envy. Starts with a dialog box saying its updating and installing, then Companion opens, there's a spinning orange circle, then a blank window. Hope that's helpful?

rorystorm

12 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021
rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
I have a feeling you may be stuck on an old version that isn't compatible. Try downloading the latest version of the Companion from reasonstudios.com/plus instead. Let me know if that works.
Ok will do thanks. Was looking for that page last night and couldn't see it...
Oh and actual Reason itself is running fine

jamespember
Reason Studios

13 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
12 Jul 2021

Windows 10 on a HP Envy. Starts with a dialog box saying its updating and installing, then Companion opens, there's a spinning orange circle, then a blank window. Hope that's helpful?
My guess is you are stuck on an older version of Companion. A new install from our website should work!

In the meantime, we'll try come up with a way to avoid this.

rorystorm

13 Jul 2021

Just installed a new version and its running fine, so thanks for your help!

jamespember
Reason Studios

13 Jul 2021

rorystorm wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Just installed a new version and its running fine, so thanks for your help!
Great to hear!

rorystorm

13 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
12 Jul 2021
rorystorm wrote:
12 Jul 2021
Yup got a black screen when I tried to import an audio file.

I tried to close down Reason 12 + and got a black screen too on Mac os, it was like when I closed down Reason it became full screen only black and had no top bar so could not minimize, had to do gesture on trackpad to get it to show open apps then from there close it down

• Information