High resolution Reason is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Faastwalker

13 Jul 2021

hurricane wrote:
12 Jul 2021
I've had Viking and Zero in view for the past 10 minutes and they still haven't refreshed.
Same here (on Windows 10 version 20H2, 1440p 32" monitor. Monitor scale 100%).

Reason devices come good within about 20 seconds. Nothing else has so far though. This is at 120% zoom after about 15 minutes;

Last edited by Faastwalker on 13 Jul 2021, edited 2 times in total.

StephenHutchinson

13 Jul 2021

rcbuse wrote:
12 Jul 2021
I would love to see the panda REs in high res... mmm.... I tried to get the beta after an email was sent but couldn't download anything and I don't have the time to sort that shit out. Anyone got some screen shots ?
This is your lucky day. These are my Lectric Panda REs, scaled to 140% on a 1440p BenQ monitor.

Apparently I can only attache 3 files at a time. You can view the 4 full-sized screenshots on my Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/av3x8k6ojuvn ... Le1Ga?dl=0
Attachments
Fritz.png
Fritz.png (439.25 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
Nostromo.png
Nostromo.png (586.79 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
Torsion.png
Torsion.png (317.03 KiB) Viewed 4681 times
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

helmutson

13 Jul 2021

Absolut horror to work with R12 on my Macmini M1 under Logic Pro, that hires is not worth the downgraded performance. 20-30 sec until the hires is activated ,the browser window is always in lowres, looks only in 100% acceptable etc. I deleted everything and will going back to 11. Meh ...

StephenHutchinson

13 Jul 2021

Anyone else experiencing an issue with Reason 12.0 where your customized folded up Instruments/Effects/Utilities/Players folders become unfolded again when switching from one folder to another?
Last edited by StephenHutchinson on 13 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

helmutson

13 Jul 2021

DaveyG wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Jagwah wrote:
13 Jul 2021
This sounds like it really isn't going too smoothly for some users and the beta phase is already over :?
The weird thing is that the Beta phase is still running but the latest version on the Beta channel is lagging behind the version just released to R+ subscribers. So subscribers have unwittingly become Beta testers. I guess it's one way to make sure more bugs get squished before the September release.
This R12 is absolutely no release version , ready for production and as good as we expect it from RS. It's simply that promise that R+ users having early access to the new R12 features. It's a beta, early beta in my eyes. I can't believe that this pop up hires thing is really intended. No plugin what I know is working like that, its so annoying, I would never use it for serious work ...

Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021
This is at 120% zoom after about 15 minutes...
:o :o :o

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

Judging by some comments, I’m in no rush to upgrade to R12. I want this upgrade, but I’m gonna give Reason Studios 1-2 months after the R12 release to sort out some potential problems/bugs.
I remember my last upgrade (R11 Suite). My first 1-2 weeks with the upgrade was a total nightmare. One particular bug was so bad that sometimes Reason was completely unusable. They sorted it out fairly quickly though. I’ll give them that. But that whole experience taught me I’d rather show some extra patience and wait a bit than to be too eager. Not worth it.

rcbuse
RE Developer

13 Jul 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021

This is your lucky day. These are my Lectric Panda REs, scaled to 140% on a 1440p BenQ monitor.

Apparently I can only attache 3 files at a time. You can view the 4 full-sized screenshots on my Dropbox here:

Thank you! Mighty kind of you! Looking crispy. :D

StephenHutchinson

13 Jul 2021

rcbuse wrote:
13 Jul 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021

You're most welcome. :) And yep they look pretty amazing.

lowtom

13 Jul 2021

This is not release ready. Early access that's fair but shuld be called public beta instead.
It's laggy as hell, slow to load patches, very RAM heavy - this is in no way Reason I know off. Reason was always quick (apart from search), had this robust stable feeling. This early access version 12 is wonky as f**k and it feels bloated.
:reason: :refill: :re:

dvdrtldg

13 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Judging by some comments, I’m in no rush to upgrade to R12. I want this upgrade, but I’m gonna give Reason Studios 1-2 months after the R12 release to sort out some potential problems/bugs.
I remember my last upgrade (R11 Suite). My first 1-2 weeks with the upgrade was a total nightmare. One particular bug was so bad that sometimes Reason was completely unusable. They sorted it out fairly quickly though. I’ll give them that. But that whole experience taught me I’d rather show some extra patience and wait a bit than to be too eager. Not worth it.
Same here. Jumping on a brand new version of any software is asking for trouble, I'll be giving it a month or two

Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

Who the hell wanted a graphics update over any other possible features anyway? Like way less than 1% of vocal users here?

Reason 10 FTW!
Last edited by Jagwah on 13 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2021

rcbuse wrote:
13 Jul 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Not for me! :-/ This is me at 120% (Windows 10 latest version, 1440p 32" monitor with 100%scaling in Windows);

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2021

lowtom wrote:
13 Jul 2021
This is not release ready. Early access that's fair but shuld be called public beta instead.
Agreed. Hi-res is not working for me at all beyond Reason devices. I feel like I'm an R12 beta tester and not an Reason+ user benefiting from an early release. It's clearly not release ready.

artotaku

13 Jul 2021

First and foremost, thanks to the RS dev team for the HiRes. I´m optimistic it is on a good way. As a software dev myself I imagine (and it was also stated by RS) it was a huge undertaking esp. since it was never tested to rollout so many REs in HiRes and bigger bitmaps for different zoom levels has an impact on performance/memory consumption.

The RE tech proved to have worked beside some issues with the custom displays for some devices.

That said, to me this is not production ready (well, it is officially labeled as early-access) since there are quite some performance issues/laginess even after everything is cached which make the user experience worse compared to R11 despite the HiRes. I hope this will be ironed out until Sept 1 or in a near time bug fix release.

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021
lowtom wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Agreed. Hi-res is not working for me at all beyond Reason devices. I feel like I'm an R12 beta tester and not an Reason+ user benefiting from an early release. It's clearly not release ready.
I read somewhere on this thread that for Res to be hi-res, they need to be installed again from companion. Since only reason studio's Res are working for you in hi-res, then it sounds like you haven't done that step that is required to get the Res in hi-res.

StephenHutchinson

13 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021
rcbuse wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Not for me! :-/ This is me at 120% (Windows 10 latest version, 1440p 32" monitor with 100%scaling in Windows);

Did you go into the Reason+ Companion and click on the link to "Upgrade installed devices to hi-res" under "Your other licensed Rack Extensions"? Sometimes they take awhile to load up and I've had to scroll up or down to make them come into focus after a couple minutes.

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Did you go into the Reason+ Companion and click on the link to "Upgrade installed devices to hi-res" under "Your other licensed Rack Extensions"? Sometimes they take awhile to load up and I've had to scroll up or down to make them come into focus after a couple minutes.
Ah!! :shock: No, don't think I did that bit. I don't remember doing it anyway! Thought I'd somehow download a beta release of R12 :oops: I'll check this right now ;)

StephenHutchinson

13 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Ah!! :shock: No, don't think I did that bit. I don't remember doing it anyway! Thought I'd somehow download a beta release of R12 :oops: I'll check this right now ;)
No worries, it happens to the best of us. In the Companion app you can also select "Upgrade installed devices to hi-res" under the "Reason+ Rack Extensions" at the top if you haven''t already. :)

Ottostrom

13 Jul 2021

Bes wrote:
13 Jul 2021
i think the machines just need to cache the images, maybe even a few times but i think its a short term issue and in a week we'll be talking about somethnig else
Exactly.
It's not going to be a reoccurring issue so it's not really worth worrying about imo.
But I guess first impressions can be pretty strong so if it looks bad straight away when you open a new version it can leave a sour taste.

kbard

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jul 2021

Ah ok, it's a shame Ryan didn't show that in the video,
Actually he did. So no shame.

start video and browse to 1:21

Ottostrom

13 Jul 2021

Jagwah wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Who the hell wanted a graphics update over any other possible features anyway? Like way less than 1% of vocal users here?

Reason 10 FTW!
Lmao don't even start.
Many users have been shouting at RS for ages now how it is "completely and utterly unacceptable" how their software is unusable on modern displays.
And to be fair, this graphical update had to happen sooner or later. Don't act like this is some completely irrelevant undertaking by the RS team just cause you didn't get what you specifically wanted...

Faastwalker

13 Jul 2021

StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021

No worries, it happens to the best of us. In the Companion app you can also select "Upgrade installed devices to hi-res" under the "Reason+ Rack Extensions" at the top if you haven''t already. :)
Update video appeared late last night for me here in Aus. Was into the wine and thought it would be a great idea to upgrade immediately. It wasn't!! :?

Mataya

13 Jul 2021

Looks and works great! Looking forward to other improvements.

Thanks.

Mataya

helmutson

13 Jul 2021

HiRes and Zoom is very welcome , but as I said, not that way ... absolutely unusable for me. Hopefully it's because that is not the final version ...

• Information