High resolution Reason is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

13 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
13 Jul 2021
StephenHutchinson wrote:
13 Jul 2021

No worries, it happens to the best of us. In the Companion app you can also select "Upgrade installed devices to hi-res" under the "Reason+ Rack Extensions" at the top if you haven''t already. :)
Update video appeared late last night for me here in Aus. Was into the wine and thought it would be a great idea to upgrade immediately. It wasn't!! :?
Just remember if you are going to eventually roll back to standard Reason all of your saved Reason+ work will not be compatible, but I'm sure you knew that :thumbup:

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

kbard wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jul 2021

Ah ok, it's a shame Ryan didn't show that in the video,
Actually he did. So no shame.

start video and browse to 1:21
I must have blinked :lol:

OverneathTheSkyBridg

13 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Judging by some comments, I’m in no rush to upgrade to R12. I want this upgrade, but I’m gonna give Reason Studios 1-2 months after the R12 release to sort out some potential problems/bugs.
I remember my last upgrade (R11 Suite). My first 1-2 weeks with the upgrade was a total nightmare. One particular bug was so bad that sometimes Reason was completely unusable. They sorted it out fairly quickly though. I’ll give them that. But that whole experience taught me I’d rather show some extra patience and wait a bit than to be too eager. Not worth it.
Yep this is where I'm at as well. Also this hi res thing should be an 11.5 upgrade for all the faithful users that should've had this functionality 4 versions ago, not some forked off version for subscription users.

DaveyG

13 Jul 2021

We should not be surprised that early access stuff has some bugs. We all know that the September full launch version will have some bugs and that the worst ones will (hopefully) be squished with one or two quick updates. Early access is the stage before that so there are bound to be more issues.

flightONE

13 Jul 2021

helmutson wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Absolut horror to work with R12 on my Macmini M1 under Logic Pro, that hires is not worth the downgraded performance. 20-30 sec until the hires is activated ,the browser window is always in lowres, looks only in 100% acceptable etc. I deleted everything and will going back to 11. Meh ...
I jumped in the 333 coupon bandwagon and tried the early access on MBA M1...

DAW performance is so bad it broke my heart :lol: it's completely unusable for me (a single instrument will cause audio glitches and drop outs, even though DSP indicator is only one bar)... R11 is pretty bad as well but somewhat usable.

RRP is better.. but I want to write in Reason, not another DAW...

SO far my first day with R12 early access has been really depressing and I'm skeptical about RS releasing a universal version anytime soon..

chimp_spanner

13 Jul 2021

flightONE wrote:
13 Jul 2021
helmutson wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Absolut horror to work with R12 on my Macmini M1 under Logic Pro, that hires is not worth the downgraded performance. 20-30 sec until the hires is activated ,the browser window is always in lowres, looks only in 100% acceptable etc. I deleted everything and will going back to 11. Meh ...

DAW performance is so bad it broke my heart :lol: it's completely unusable for me (a single instrument will cause audio glitches and drop outs, even though DSP indicator is only one bar)... R11 is pretty bad as well but somewhat usable.

SO far my first day with R12 early access has been really depressing and I'm skeptical about RS releasing a universal version anytime soon..
Is that a side effect of the Rosetta translation dya think? Everything I've heard about M1s suggest they should be slaying, but I've also heard Rosetta is dog turd for real time audio.

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

I haven't measured this, but the RRP seems to be refreshing devices faster than the DAW. Took FOREVER to get PX7 refreshed at 140% in the DAW, meanwhile over in the RRP, PX7 refreshed much more quickly at 160%.

These Kuassa EQs are pretty ❤️ :
Attachments
kuassa.png
kuassa.png (738.88 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

There is a couple of things that could get me to upgrade to 12 and native apple silicon support is one of those features just because I want to buy a silicon portable device but as things stand I'm not holding out much hope that we will see a native build this year.

chimp_spanner

13 Jul 2021

Does anyone know how to quickly remove all REs on Mac and then re-sync? I have some missing display elements on certain REs from the beta testing phase and I'd rather just do a clean sweep and put them all back on again.

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Does anyone know how to quickly remove all REs on Mac and then re-sync? I have some missing display elements on certain REs from the beta testing phase and I'd rather just do a clean sweep and put them all back on again.
they way I do it is I delete everything in user/library/application support/propellerhead software/rackextensions
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

chimp_spanner

13 Jul 2021

hurricane wrote:
13 Jul 2021
chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Jul 2021
they way I do it is I delete everything in user/library/application support/propellerhead software/rackextensions
Thanks mate, I'm still not entirely sure where everything lives on Mac after a lifetime on PC. I'll try it :)

Deep Schulzz

13 Jul 2021

Something must be wrong with this early version of R12. All my projects need much more time to load and what is more annoying they need more than twice as much of RAM. That means that even 16 GB of RAM are quickly insufficient on my 2 music PCs (I7 88770K, 16 GB RAM & I9 9900K 16 GB RAM).
Unfortunately - despite the improved graphics, until now I don't have much fun with this version. Frustrated. Hoping for fast fixes. :puf_unhappy:

helmutson

13 Jul 2021

It seems that after opening more or less every device/RE I got, now it works as I hoped for as long as I don't change the size of my RRP under LogicPro . I'm fine with 120% and if I'm stay on that level the devices doesn't need no time for shining in all their glory. It's not perfect but ok for the moment. What's still worse is that the symbols (everything exept the letters) in the browser window are totally blurred . Thats very ugly ... farther many of the display labels (patch names etc) are displaced or cut off (dr. octorex f.e.) ... not good too. All in all it seems somehow slower in opening and closing devices/REs, but I hope all that'll ironed out in the final release .

helmutson

13 Jul 2021

flightONE wrote:
13 Jul 2021
helmutson wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Yapp, that was my first reaction than I deleted everything from RS because of the frustration and made a fresh install. I'm working with Logic and the AU RRP and now its better, far from perfect, but better ... R12 is a beta, absolutely not production ready ...

R11 standalone on my Macmini was pretty good, absolutely no problems ...

Billy+

13 Jul 2021

Deep Schulzz wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Something must be wrong with this early version of R12. All my projects need much more time to load and what is more annoying they need more than twice as much of RAM. That means that even 16 GB of RAM are quickly insufficient on my 2 music PCs (I7 88770K, 16 GB RAM & I9 9900K 16 GB RAM).
Unfortunately - despite the improved graphics, until now I don't have much fun with this version. Frustrated. Hoping for fast fixes. :puf_unhappy:
Out of interest does the RAM usage go back to normal after the RE's have been rescaled?
If you close Reason fully and reopen the same project is the RAM usage better?

Heater

13 Jul 2021

I must admit I wasn't really sold on but I'm currently converting some older Reason tracks (version 4) to Reason 12 and using that mighty SSL mixer and it's great making the rack really small to quickly change the routing.

gullum

13 Jul 2021

just keeping it at 100% then only slow loading of projects is a problem after it's loaded and no lag inn scrolling but changing size and everything becomes a nightmare before you get time to fall asleep

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2021

OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
13 Jul 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Judging by some comments, I’m in no rush to upgrade to R12. I want this upgrade, but I’m gonna give Reason Studios 1-2 months after the R12 release to sort out some potential problems/bugs.
I remember my last upgrade (R11 Suite). My first 1-2 weeks with the upgrade was a total nightmare. One particular bug was so bad that sometimes Reason was completely unusable. They sorted it out fairly quickly though. I’ll give them that. But that whole experience taught me I’d rather show some extra patience and wait a bit than to be too eager. Not worth it.
Yep this is where I'm at as well. Also this hi res thing should be an 11.5 upgrade for all the faithful users that should've had this functionality 4 versions ago, not some forked off version for subscription users.
I don't see the Reason + subscribers as the lucky ones here. Basically they have to pay to be beta testers and experience all the early problems/bugs. And then us licence buyers come along once it's all fixed. Sounds fine to me. :lol:

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Jul 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jul 2021
OverneathTheSkyBridg wrote:
13 Jul 2021

I don't see the Reason + subscribers as the lucky ones here. Basically they have to pay to be beta testers and experience all the early problems/bugs. And then us licence buyers come along once it's all fixed. Sounds fine to me. :lol:
We don't really have to switch to R12, we can stay on R11. We have a choice that the perpetual license buyers don't have.

PhillipOrdonez

13 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
13 Jul 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Jul 2021

We don't really have to switch to R12, we can stay on R11. We have a choice that the perpetual license buyers don't have.
Please explain your logic? You on + get to stay on 11 while perpetuals cannot? Are you certain about this? 😂😂😂

Deep Schulzz

13 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Deep Schulzz wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Out of interest does the RAM usage go back to normal after the RE's have been rescaled?
If you close Reason fully and reopen the same project is the RAM usage better?
No, after rescaling is done and opening the project again the RAM usage is extremely high again and the RAM load then gets a little lower.

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Jul 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
13 Jul 2021
orthodox wrote:
13 Jul 2021

Please explain your logic? You on + get to stay on 11 while perpetuals cannot? Are you certain about this? 😂😂😂
Don't try to distort my logic, you know what I am talking about.

Emian

13 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
13 Jul 2021

well, could you elaborate about the option you "Reason +" users have that 'others' don't have?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

orthodox
RE Developer

13 Jul 2021

Emian wrote:
13 Jul 2021
orthodox wrote:
13 Jul 2021

well, could you elaborate about the option you "Reason +" users have that 'others' don't have?
The option to preview and start using elements of R12 before it is released.

Emian

13 Jul 2021

Yes but,

orthodox wrote:
13 Jul 2021

i don't think when Reason 12 is officially out you won't have a choice to use version 11anymore as a subscriber.

People who buy their licenses still chose if they want to upgrade or not....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information