Fix for high resolution graphics

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

10 Jul 2021

So I was just looking on the props shop and spotted that sequences was listed under the what's new section which came as a surprise as it's not that new and obviously I'm going to check it out as I have the device and wondered what had been added to get it bumped into the section.

Changes in 1.4.4:

Copying notes between patterns could cause a crash under rare circumstances

That last line has me wondering what other devices are going to need a fix for the high resolution graphics?

I like others I'm sure have a few devices that are no longer available for purchase but are fully functional but is the up and coming high resolution version going to create issues with these devices for those that are currently not going to upgrade?

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
10 Jul 2021
So I was just looking on the props shop and spotted that sequences was listed under the what's new section which came as a surprise as it's not that new and obviously I'm going to check it out as I have the device and wondered what had been added to get it bumped into the section.

Changes in 1.4.4:

Copying notes between patterns could cause a crash under rare circumstances

That last line has me wondering what other devices are going to need a fix for the high resolution graphics?

I like others I'm sure have a few devices that are no longer available for purchase but are fully functional but is the up and coming high resolution version going to create issues with these devices for those that are currently not going to upgrade?
Depends on what the fix was.

A "fix for high-resolution graphics" could simply mean that one pixel on a 2000x500 pixel graphic looks slightly smudged. Or one thing wasn't perfectly pixel aligned, and even though it's barely noticeable, was fixed.

buddard
RE Developer

10 Jul 2021

Nothing dramatic, it was a small “cosmetic“ issue that has been there from the start: Some of the step numbers along the top of the display were slightly cropped. We just didn’t notice it until we looked at the hires version in the Reason 12 beta. So nothing critical, but it was an easy fix so we threw it in with the bug fix.

Euclidean has the exact same issue , by the way. but we will fix that next month.

• Information