Promises of Reason+

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sashdor80
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Oct 2020

Post 30 Jun 2021

Reason+ users should get every feature as soon it is available. But until now, nothing happened.

I mean, it is nearly july and we have only 2 months before the release of R12 is. And for many people may be the plus-thing was the advantage of gettings things earlier ( new devices , etc ), and not the sound pack thing only.

@ Reason Studios : whats up ? Give us a snack now !

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1541
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

Your ‘snack’ is Algoritm, Friktion, and Pattern Mutator. Your belly should be full.

VariableX
Posts: 551
Joined: 02 Apr 2018

Post 30 Jun 2021

Giving Reason+ new stuff first is probably a risky practice... put new stuff in Reason+ too soon and the buzz will be gone by the time the full version drops, most probably impacting sales of the full version.
Be interesting to see how they play it!

kbard
Posts: 80
Joined: 05 Jun 2021

Post 30 Jun 2021

I sense we will see at least a video of a new sampler - this week.

One can hope...

Yonatan
Posts: 1395
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

Maximum 1 month beforehand is my guess, as if Reason+ became a too buggy beta version, that is not either a good reputation, so they need to know it is very stable until messing with R+ users.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2779
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 30 Jun 2021

I'm not sure what the promis was.

Subs get fresh content via sound packs and the latest version of Reason and Reason RE's when available along with any new Reason Studios device when released.

So September the 1st is R12 release date and you should find R12 install available in companion along with any new content packs, CMBv2 must for technical reasons be included as a stock device so won't be available early as it can't be released as a RE.

The new sampler device is included with R12 but could possibly be RE based so it might be available earlier but I'm guessing they would rather show it off with the new CMBv2 so although it might be ready and might work in V11 it makes more sense to release with R12 rather than early but is the only potential feature that could be made available sooner than the 1st of September.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2684
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

sashdor80 wrote:
30 Jun 2021
Reason+ users should get every feature as soon it is available. But until now, nothing happened.

I mean, it is nearly july and we have only 2 months before the release of R12 is. And for many people may be the plus-thing was the advantage of gettings things earlier ( new devices , etc ), and not the sound pack thing only.

@ Reason Studios : whats up ? Give us a snack now !
Basically, it works like this. A feature will be completed long before the next version is released (think about it ... do you really think every single feature is being developed until the 11th hour)?

For decades, this is just how software was developed, marketed and released.

With a subscription model, there's no "release window". You can release a feature as soon as it's ready.
---

jaeproduced
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 30 Jun 2021

Hi Res I'm thinking should be release in July for Reason + users and maybe some smaller function or feature in August before they release the complete update. They have to give us something since they already committed to some early releases....

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1638
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 30 Jun 2021

R11 Suite, R12 demo mode

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
avasopht
Posts: 2684
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

jaeproduced wrote:
30 Jun 2021
Hi Res I'm thinking should be release in July for Reason + users and maybe some smaller function or feature in August before they release the complete update. They have to give us something since they already committed to some early releases....
They never committed to any specific early releases.

They simply said that it will get some features early (not that there must always be features released early).

I've explained what this is about in my earlier comment just above yours.

Demanding features be magically released early is a little silly. That's just not how anything works.
---

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1671
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

I don't think they will intentionally withhold release-ready features from other users just to make Reason+ subscribers happy.

jaeproduced
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 30 Jun 2021

avasopht wrote:
30 Jun 2021
jaeproduced wrote:
30 Jun 2021
Hi Res I'm thinking should be release in July for Reason + users and maybe some smaller function or feature in August before they release the complete update. They have to give us something since they already committed to some early releases....
They never committed to any specific early releases.

They simply said that it will get some features early (not that there must always be features released early).

I've explained what this is about in my earlier comment just above yours.

Demanding features be magically released early is a little silly. That's just not how anything works.
No one is demanding or at least I'm not but they did mention as soon as devices or features were ready they weren't holding on to them any longer for major releases thats what the ongoing beta testing was suppose to be about. And Ryan did mention in the video that Reason + users would start seeing Reason 12 updates sooner than the Sept 1st release date....

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 329
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 30 Jun 2021

".... Coming soon around the end of summer in fact, but Reason+ subscribers will start seeing Reason 12 features rolling out even earlier..."


User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1671
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
30 Jun 2021
".... Coming around the end of summer in fact, but Reason+ subscribers will start seeing Reason 12 features rolling out even earlier than that..."
I take it that "even earlier than that" will be two weeks before the release.

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 329
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 30 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
30 Jun 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
30 Jun 2021
".... Coming around the end of summer in fact, but Reason+ subscribers will start seeing Reason 12 features rolling out even earlier than that..."
I take it that "even earlier than that" will be two weeks before the release.
That is entirely possible :)

User avatar
orthodox
RE Developer
Posts: 1671
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jun 2021

Two weeks is a common term in planning:


User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 329
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 30 Jun 2021


User avatar
pongasoft
RE Developer
Posts: 337
Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Location: Las Vegas

Post 01 Jul 2021

Just remember that nobody is working in August at Reason Studios...

kbard
Posts: 80
Joined: 05 Jun 2021

Post 01 Jul 2021

pongasoft wrote:
01 Jul 2021
Just remember that nobody is working in August at Reason Studios...
How what?

Well then that's awesome time to release some promo videos :)

jaeproduced
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2020

Post 01 Jul 2021

pongasoft wrote:
01 Jul 2021
Just remember that nobody is working in August at Reason Studios...

So July is the magic month for early releases....

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2076
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 02 Jul 2021

We are talking about the company that is notorious for slowly releasing upgrades, yet now there is this expectation that upgrades will happen all over the place - perhaps three or four times a year - perpetually!

Are the soundpacks going to be of decent quality when staff have been making them every single day for two years to meet the weekly quota? Five years? This stuff is supposed to be perpetual.

Would RS really release a completed upgrade feature to the R+ crowd immediately, when it could intrude on some wild campaign the all important marketing department is on, or just not suit RS entirely? We will likely never know in detail when features are completed and could be implemented, so I will say they will come across at RS' discretion, not necessarily as soon as it's ready.

Will there really be various upgrades that drop throughout every year, or is there a possibility this could all slow right down and RS do their magic trick of focusing on any venture besides upgrading the core DAW? Hey maybe after two years the upgrades will be endless new rack devices. There are no real promises here moving forward besides the weekly soundpacks.

Reason 10 FTW.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 2076
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 02 Jul 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
30 Jun 2021
I so would have posted that if you didn't!

You know if ever someone asks you a question and the answer is 'two weeks' - you are well within you rights to put your fingers in your mouth, pull your cheeks apart and say it just how she said it :)

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 3051
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 02 Jul 2021

orthodox wrote:
30 Jun 2021
Two weeks is a common term in planning:

DaveyG
Posts: 1189
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 02 Jul 2021

pongasoft wrote:
01 Jul 2021
Just remember that nobody is working in August at Reason Studios...
If that really is true then they are bonkers to be releasing R12 on their first day back!

User avatar
QVprod
Moderator
Posts: 2940
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 02 Jul 2021

Jagwah wrote:
02 Jul 2021

Are the soundpacks going to be of decent quality when staff have been making them every single day for two years to meet the weekly quota? Five years? This stuff is supposed to be perpetual.
While we can’t answer the other questions, the packs are made by 3rd parties. Very easy to keep up with when you outsource to multiple people.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: ab459, AttenuationHz, CommonCrawl [Bot], ksniod, Majestik Monkey, Proboscis, PropitiousME, thefixr and 5 guests