Reason Free Trial won't open

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
saturnian

27 Jun 2021

Hello,
I just downloaded the free 7-day trial for Reason 11 off their website, and everything worked, except when I open the app, it just acts like an app on the internet- I don't see any way to get to or open the actual music program. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

challism

28 Jun 2021

Were you able to install it?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Aquila

29 Jun 2021

Wait, the Reason trial is now only 7 days? I thought it was 30. That's pretty mean.

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

saturnian wrote:
27 Jun 2021
Hello,
I just downloaded the free 7-day trial for Reason 11 off their website, and everything worked, except when I open the app, it just acts like an app on the internet- I don't see any way to get to or open the actual music program. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
It's a 30 day trial of Reason+ and I think I'm right to say that you would download companion then Reason now, check your account page for the reason download.

I take it you're on windows check your installed apps to see if you have installed Reason not just reason+ companion!

jamespember
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
saturnian wrote:
27 Jun 2021
Hello,
Thanks!
It's a 30 day trial of Reason+ and I think I'm right to say that you would download companion then Reason now, check your account page for the reason download.

I take it you're on windows check your installed apps to see if you have installed Reason not just reason+ companion!
You can install Reason from within Companion itself. They won't find a download in their account page, as they don't actually have a license.
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 15.38.40.png
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 15.38.40.png (64.82 KiB) Viewed 2612 times

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021
You can install Reason from within Companion itself. They won't find a download in their account page, as they don't actually have a license.

Thanks James I knew there was a new way to get access to Reason just wasn't sure if it was via your account or companion app.

jamespember
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021

Thanks James I knew there was a new way to get access to Reason just wasn't sure if it was via your account or companion app.
NP! Keep an eye out later this year for some nice changes (for all users, subs+perpetual) later this year when it comes to the account pages themselves too. They are a bit messy right now with things split across multiple pages, and we are planning to smoothen this all out.

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021

NP! Keep an eye out later this year for some nice changes (for all users, subs+perpetual) later this year when it comes to the account pages themselves too. They are a bit messy right now with things split across multiple pages, and we are planning to smoothen this all out.
Whilst I've got your attention is there any chance you can set Reason studios instagram account to public for those of us who don't have or want an account on the platform?

Also if you're changing up the product/purchases page up is there any chance of having a sync feature per device? Sync all is a pain when not needed (handy when you want it) but not every time :thumbs_up:

jamespember
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021

Whilst I've got your attention is there any chance you can set Reason studios instagram account to public for those of us who don't have or want an account on the platform?

Also if you're changing up the product/purchases page up is there any chance of having a sync feature per device? Sync all is a pain when not needed (handy when you want it) but not every time :thumbs_up:
Hmm our IG looks very public to me? Can you elaborate?

And yes, the whole set of device handling features was re-worked with Companion (with both ability to mass sync-all but also handle devices separately) and has been very appreciated by users it seems. Or did you mean something else?
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.20.21.png
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.20.21.png (1008.57 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
To be clear too, our ambition is to bring those aspects of Companion to everyone (and most likely retire Authorizer I guess). There are just some technical blockers limiting us from doing that right now that we need to work through.

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

Strange?

When I go to IG via the link on RS it displays a login screen?

Direct URL does the same, I get asked to login
https://www.instagram.com/reasonstudios/

jamespember
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
Strange?

When I go to IG via the link on RS it displays a login screen?

Direct URL does the same, I get asked to login
https://www.instagram.com/reasonstudios/
Hmm I don't? Anyone else? As you can see, I am not logged in.
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.50.39.png
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 21.50.39.png (150.77 KiB) Viewed 2534 times

DaveyG

29 Jun 2021

Shows Ok for me logged out.
Not that I know WTF to do with Insta.

Billy+

29 Jun 2021

Ok strange?
IMG_2742.PNG
IMG_2742.PNG (135.08 KiB) Viewed 2512 times

jamespember
Reason Studios

29 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
29 Jun 2021
Ok strange?

IMG_2742.PNG
Very strange..

Loque

29 Jun 2021

Np with insta.
Reason12, Win10

rgdaniel

29 Jun 2021

Same problem here. Clicking the link above, I get a normal looking (I guess) main page, with the opportunity to login. But when I try to click on anything, say "Tutorials", I immediately get the screen filling login page.

I THINK this is an Instagram "feature", not specific to Reason Studios. Started noticing it after I dumped my Instagram account, which apparently I had one of, for some reason.

Billy+

30 Jun 2021

jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021
To be clear too, our ambition is to bring those aspects of Companion to everyone (and most likely retire Authorizer I guess). There are just some technical blockers limiting us from doing that right now that we need to work through.
How will this affect offline authorisation for perpetual licensing?

I assume without authorizer the ignition key won't be able to store R12 licensing keys, I appreciate that ignition is no longer available but some of us still have them, so I would guess that R12 is authorised via companion which currently requires an internet connection. Will that mean R12 requires permanent internet access?

jamespember
Reason Studios

01 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
30 Jun 2021
jamespember wrote:
29 Jun 2021

I assume without authorizer the ignition key won't be able to store R12 licensing keys, I appreciate that ignition is no longer available but some of us still have them, so I would guess that R12 is authorised via companion which currently requires an internet connection. Will that mean R12 requires permanent internet access?
No, it means the opposite - Companion has to support offline auth before it is ready to replace Authorizer :)

Billy+

01 Jul 2021

jamespember wrote:
01 Jul 2021
Billy+ wrote:
30 Jun 2021

No, it means the opposite - Companion has to support offline auth before it is ready to replace Authorizer :)
Sweet,

Now have you thought about giving access to the content packs to everyone to incentive RE purchases?
I like to buy my software and if I'm missing an RE that would be useful I would be more inclined to buy it especially if I had content that would benefit from it......

jamespember
Reason Studios

02 Jul 2021

Billy+ wrote:
01 Jul 2021
jamespember wrote:
01 Jul 2021

Sweet,

Now have you thought about giving access to the content packs to everyone to incentive RE purchases?
I like to buy my software and if I'm missing an RE that would be useful I would be more inclined to buy it especially if I had content that would benefit from it......
Yes we have thought about it and whilst I never say never, I highly doubt we'd separate packs from R+.

• Information