Rack Devices Stereo to Mono

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
V1Rotate

22 Jun 2021

Hey all,

I have an immediate opportunity to buy a digital mixer but have a quick question. Is there a way to route a stereo device like Scenic to two mono mix channels? I would like to go 1:1 on point routing on the mixer where 1 channel from Reason = 1 channel on the mixer and pan LR.

The mixer may be able to handle a stereo channel from Reason to a stereo channel on the mixer, with one fader, but I don’t know that for sure.

Thanks, ahead of time!

-V1

QVprod

22 Jun 2021

The thing about Reason is that you can route anything anywhere. At the top of the rack there’s the hardware interface that will correspond to any outputs on an audio interface - in this case inputs on your digital mixer.

You will have to manually route the direct outs of the mix channels however.

V1Rotate

23 Jun 2021

QVprod wrote:
22 Jun 2021
The thing about Reason is that you can route anything anywhere. At the top of the rack there’s the hardware interface that will correspond to any outputs on an audio interface - in this case inputs on your digital mixer.

You will have to manually route the direct outs of the mix channels however.
That’s right! I knew that but haven’t thought about it in such a long time. That worked perfectly, TYVM!

-V1

• Information