Glitchy Kick Effect

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nowhk

Post 22 Jun 2021

Hi there,

just watching this tonight:

Not really my cup of tea, but I love when, at some point, the "basic" club kick start to glitch (from 1:03).

It does the effect every 2 beats.

It seems a sort of quiver just after the init/punch stage of kick? Layer? Gate? How would you get this effect in your opinions?

Thanks

Loque

Post 22 Jun 2021

Just watch what he is doing with the sequencer. He changed the beat and the kick comes now at the same time as the clap/snar/whatever.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

jam-s

Post 22 Jun 2021

Yes, it sounds pretty much like the kick is just layered with a (sloppy) snare every 2nd beat after 1:03.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

Nowhk

Post 23 Jun 2021

I see. What about synthesize this kind of effect?
Where would you start?

Loque

Post 23 Jun 2021

Nowhk wrote:
23 Jun 2021
Where would you start?
Just to throw in some ideas:
* Use a low pitched clap sample (record one or choose any)
* Synthesize your own (lot of tutorials on synthesizing claps are available over the internet)
* Post-process as you like
* Add pre/post beat offsets for the sample (shuffle, lag and stuff like that)

Or if you want to have it easy, record the audio from the youtube video (and get a copyright infringement :-P)
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Billy+

Post 23 Jun 2021

Nowhk wrote:
23 Jun 2021
Where would you start?
Try starting with Kong https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason ... ments/kong

Check out the videos at the bottom of the page, there are a few more on the YouTube playlist from RS on synthesised drums, if you have got spire or respire there's a good collection of synth drums in
https://reveal-sound.com/store/product/Drumspiration really helpful for finding out how to create synth based drum sounds.

Have a good read about Kong it's group and layer setup will definitely allow you to create some interesting hits.
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

Nowhk

Post 28 Jun 2021

Thanks. I'll try some experiments and let you know if somethings goes "wrong" :)

• Information