Reason 11 with minium HD Space install?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mattvank

20 Jun 2021

Hello,

For some fast ideas i like to use my Lenovo Miix320. But windows need a lot of space. So i would to know if i can reduced Reason 11 that it works.

Thanks for reading :puf_smile:

fullforce

22 Jun 2021

Mattvank wrote:
20 Jun 2021
Hello,

For some fast ideas i like to use my Lenovo Miix320. But windows need a lot of space. So i would to know if i can reduced Reason 11 that it works.

Thanks for reading :puf_smile:
No. What kind of harddisk is that thing carrying? 20Gb?

*edit* That thing has an Atom CPU? Forget it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

pushedbutton

22 Jun 2021

i get the feeling that space is the least of your worries but if you have a way of extending your storage you might be able to use symlinks to offload some of the storage requirements.
let me know if you ever get past the splash screen. good luck.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

jam-s

22 Jun 2021

With 64 or 128 GB it's really pretty limited in disc size. Also the CPU is slow and 4 GB RAM is not much. Still if could be fun to have some simple sounds out of Reason in a kind of live play single instrument kind of way. The biggest hassle when working with it for more complex projects imho will be the rather low resolution of only 1280 x 800 px. Also Reason is in no way optimised for touch input, so be prepared to always use/carry a mouse as well if you don't want to suffer much.

fullforce

23 Jun 2021

jam-s wrote:
22 Jun 2021
With 64 or 128 GB it's really pretty limited in disc size. Also the CPU is slow and 4 GB RAM is not much. Still if could be fun to have some simple sounds out of Reason in a kind of live play single instrument kind of way. The biggest hassle when working with it for more complex projects imho will be the rather low resolution of only 1280 x 800 px. Also Reason is in no way optimised for touch input, so be prepared to always use/carry a mouse as well if you don't want to suffer much.
This is going to a torture method some day.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Heater

23 Jun 2021

Minimum install is 4Gb.

I wonder how far you can go with stock devices. The NN19 doesn't take up a lot of CPU. I would think you could get quite a few instances going even on a lowly CPU.

Mattvank

25 Jun 2021

Thanks for replys. In past i was able to load a Korg edition of reason(can´t find the files anymore). Working but of course very tiny. (There are some ,,big GUI´´ in the shop, which would use in this case)
I also produced tracks with Live and Waldorfs Largo for exsample or surge
The Computer is not the problem. There are enough RE or VST which working on it.
The only problem are the Orkester etc. Libarys which also have to load up. The reason execute file itself does not be a problem.

DaveyG

25 Jun 2021

Mattvank wrote:
25 Jun 2021
Thanks for replys. In past i was able to load a Korg edition of reason(can´t find the files anymore). Working but of course very tiny. (There are some ,,big GUI´´ in the shop, which would use in this case)
I also produced tracks with Live and Waldorfs Largo for exsample or surge
The Computer is not the problem. There are enough RE or VST which working on it.
The only problem are the Orkester etc. Libarys which also have to load up. The reason execute file itself does not be a problem.
I think Reason still requires the factory soundbank and Orkester to be installed in order to start-up., although I'm not sure why. I'm wondering if it would be possible to replace those two large files with dummy files of the same name, either completely empty files or some small refill that has been renamed. I guess it depends whether Reason looks inside the refills at start-up or whether it just requires those two filenames to exist.

Mattvank

27 Jun 2021

Are the Ork and Factory files allways so big in each version?

• Information