New Reason 11 Pro Tools user question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ianinnapa

19 Jun 2021

Good day everyone
I’m an old school user of Reason Adapted/Reason 3 and I absolutely love it but my old Mac has finally given up the ghost and I must move on.

I use Reason 3 as such
1) main song writing tool for layering drums, bass, keys etc. I use it as a canvas to grow ideas. Once I get the ideas and cultivate them in Reason, I would
2) start up Pro Tools (LE 7.3) and use Rewire and Reason 3 would then be in Slave mode and be controlled by Pro Tools. I would then begin to layer audio over top of the Reason bed tracks in Pro Tools.
I love this way of writing and it works for me

Now…I now have Reason 11 and the latest and greatest Pro Tools.

I see that I can add Reason Rack, but my main question is can I do the same as mentioned above? I see where I can start building music from Pro Tools using Reason Rack so new music is fine and I understand how to do that…
What about my old reason 3 files and Rewireing into Reason 11 and new pro tools? Is there any way of doing that or am I down to exporting as an audio file and importing?

I have tried to open reason with one of my older pieces of music and it works fine, and Pro Tools but no slave mode.

What am I missing?

Thanks so much.

Ian

Billy+

19 Jun 2021

Ianinnapa wrote:
19 Jun 2021
Good day everyone
I’m an old school user of Reason Adapted/Reason 3 and I absolutely love it but my old Mac has finally given up the ghost and I must move on.

I use Reason 3 as such
1) main song writing tool for layering drums, bass, keys etc. I use it as a canvas to grow ideas. Once I get the ideas and cultivate them in Reason, I would
2) start up Pro Tools (LE 7.3) and use Rewire and Reason 3 would then be in Slave mode and be controlled by Pro Tools. I would then begin to layer audio over top of the Reason bed tracks in Pro Tools.
I love this way of writing and it works for me

Now…I now have Reason 11 and the latest and greatest Pro Tools.

I see that I can add Reason Rack, but my main question is can I do the same as mentioned above? I see where I can start building music from Pro Tools using Reason Rack so new music is fine and I understand how to do that…
What about my old reason 3 files and Rewireing into Reason 11 and new pro tools? Is there any way of doing that or am I down to exporting as an audio file and importing?

I have tried to open reason with one of my older pieces of music and it works fine, and Pro Tools but no slave mode.

What am I missing?

Thanks so much.

Ian
If you want to use rewire your going to have to use Reason 10 or lower as 11 no longer supports rewire, you can use RRP which would allow you to load the device/combinator chains into protools but your going to need to rework the projects.

Ianinnapa

19 Jun 2021

Thanks for the reply. I figured that’s what I would need to do. Export midi and then insert the required instrument.

• Information