Sound packs - quality graphic design

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
epoch

19 Jun 2021

Props/RS have always done great graphic design, but I was just scrolling through all of the Sound packs and what really struck me was the quality of the design artwork on display for each pack. They've got some very talented people working at the company for sure. I can't wait to see the designs on the new Rack Extensions they're building into Reason 12.

Billy+

19 Jun 2021

There's definitely some good art, it's a shame that the art doesn't come as part of the download.

How many sound packs are there now? The urls now go to 324 but that's higher than the actual downloads available

zabukowski

19 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Jun 2021

How many sound packs are there now? The urls now go to 324 but that's higher than the actual downloads available
"All Sounds" category contains 177 sound packs.

Billy+

19 Jun 2021

zabukowski wrote:
19 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
19 Jun 2021

"All Sounds" category contains 177 sound packs.
What happened to the others?

It looks like some of the earliest packs have been removed?

BRIGGS

19 Jun 2021

because eye candy sells
r11s

Billy+

19 Jun 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
19 Jun 2021
because eye candy sells
The eye candy gets you to check it out, the ear candy is what they are hoping sells.
Personally I think what devices subs get for €$£20 is the selling point not the sound packs but I guess everyone has different things that pull them towards Reason.

Having checked out a few of the packs I would say that they are put together well and have definitely been created with RRP in mind, some do include a reason project file that does show off the standalone daw.

I've also seen that companion now has the option to launch in different DAW's rather than just Reason, make of that what you want.............

BRIGGS

19 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
19 Jun 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
19 Jun 2021
because eye candy sells
The eye candy gets you to check it out, the ear candy is what they are hoping sells.
Personally I think what devices subs get for €$£20 is the selling point not the sound packs but I guess everyone has different things that pull them towards Reason.

Having checked out a few of the packs I would say that they are put together well and have definitely been created with RRP in mind, some do include a reason project file that does show off the standalone daw.

I've also seen that companion now has the option to launch in different DAW's rather than just Reason, make of that what you want.............
mmmmmmm.....

r11s

avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2021

epoch wrote:
19 Jun 2021
Props/RS have always done great graphic design, but I was just scrolling through all of the Sound packs and what really struck me was the quality of the design artwork on display for each pack. They've got some very talented people working at the company for sure. I can't wait to see the designs on the new Rack Extensions they're building into Reason 12.
Completely different type of designer.

Most likely external.

epoch

21 Jun 2021

avasopht wrote:
20 Jun 2021
epoch wrote:
19 Jun 2021

Most likely external.
I wasn't implying it's the same designers, just that they have a good design language going on within the company right now.

You don't know that for sure that it's external! Perhaps it's a design team working internally within the marketing department...

jamespember
Reason Studios

21 Jun 2021

avasopht wrote:
20 Jun 2021
epoch wrote:
19 Jun 2021

Most likely external.
Just to answer this. It's being done internally by the same creatives who do the rest of our creative/graphics/marketing stuff.

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2021

jamespember wrote:
21 Jun 2021
Just to answer this. It's being done internally by the same creatives who do the rest of our creative/graphics/marketing stuff.
Oh nice, ... I like the way they capture the different styles with a unique and distinctive flavour for each.

jamespember
Reason Studios

21 Jun 2021

avasopht wrote:
21 Jun 2021
jamespember wrote:
21 Jun 2021
Oh nice, ... I like the way they capture the different styles with a unique and distinctive flavour for each.
Thanks! And yeah, me too. I really like the "sonic world" that the graphics create.

Here are some of my fav visuals:
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/232
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/209
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/199
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/77
https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/58

• Information