Simon Peyron Reason videos

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Billy+

12 Jun 2021

Simon Peyron is currently promoting RRP/Plus in a video series for Reason Studios but who is he?

Well I've been trying to figure out why he's the current face of Reason and why.

Swedish singer songwriter and band front man (Outtrigger) now gone solo

Been in a couple of real word competition and got to number 42 in the Sweden top list SWE

From a quick screen glimpse uses Logic,

Antisocial Media Platforms
Got over 4K of followers on look at me mar ( Instagram )
Uses fakebook and pootube.

So I'm guessing that's exactly why he's currently the face of Reason, however judging from the comments on pootube from the two available posts people really don't like the way RS have decided to run the promotional campaign for RRP/Plus and the content of the material being discussed is thin at best with a complete lack of screen being a topic of biggest concern from the commenters along with the usual complaints - we all know them so I won't reiterate what has been posted.

Now I kinda want to see the screen more than is shown and I would definitely prefer to hear a finished production but that's clearly not the point of the marketing so what is the point?
How could it be done better?
Why can't the marketing team get it right?

Reason has always divided opinion and seems to always pull something out of the hat to please most of us most of the time but just lately they really do seem to be fighting from every direction.

rgdaniel

12 Jun 2021

Approaching 8 billion people on planet earth, and (within the margin of error) I don't know who the fcuk ANY of them are.

orthodox
RE Developer

12 Jun 2021

Does he need to be a star to promote Reason? I guess the point is quite the opposite, a random guy like you or me is happy with Reason production.
The RS marketing must have no control over his diaries, and he just doesn't feel like going technical.

RoryM0

12 Jun 2021

1st video: 1 week old, almost 3.3k views, thumbs up 54 / down 82, brief scan of the comments - mostly critical of either the content of the video, Reason itself or R+.

2nd video: 1 day old, almost 1.1k views, thumbs up 42 / down 49, brief scan of the comments - mostly critical of either the content of the video, Reason itself or R+.

Not a great look tbh.

joeyluck

12 Jun 2021

Billy, you love to talk about "antisocial" media, yet you seem to know about these YouTube videos...so I guess they're reaching you and you spend time there? 😄 And you spend time in a forum with the majority of people hidden behind aliases and avatars... You should get over the fact that they reach more people on YouTube and Facebook/Instagram then they can anywhere else.

And you can call it pootube if you want, we all know Reason user poohbear posts the longest Reason videos 🙂

It's great to see anybody using Reason. Maybe you're too closed off? It's been great seeing familiar folks like chimpspanner and jelie do videos for Reason Studios. Others might not know who they are and that doesn't matter. I just like the in depth videos and like seeing people use Reason.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

I kinda get the point, it's marketing having content coming out every few days gets people talking gets links and reposts, not using super famous people costs less etc....

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Ryan and Mathis using RRP in logic or live on streams instead of Reason standalone like the previous Reason live streams that have not been done for ages even though they said that they would bring them back but haven't yet...

I guess it's difficult when the chat goes crazy and off topic like the last few and judging by the comments that's exactly why they haven't started them up again.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy, you love to talk about "antisocial" media, yet you seem to know about these YouTube videos...so I guess they're reaching you and you spend time there? 😄 And you spend time in a forum with the majority of people hidden behind aliases and avatars... You should get over the fact that they reach more people on YouTube and Facebook/Instagram then they can anywhere else.

And you can call it pootube if you want, we all know Reason user poohbear posts the longest Reason videos 🙂

It's great to see anybody using Reason. Maybe you're too closed off? It's been great seeing familiar folks like chimpspanner and jelie do videos for Reason Studios. Others might not know who they are and that doesn't matter. I just like the in depth videos and like seeing people use Reason.
I always check the main site and YouTube regularly for Reason content and always watch but you're missing the point of the thread:- how can Reason not have so much flak from such a simple thing like YouTube etc.

joeyluck

12 Jun 2021

Well they are certainly very busy at the moment. And Ryan has talked about doing videos for the new features as they are introduced into Reason+. I'm sure we'll see livestreams then. And then more when R12 drops.

joeyluck

12 Jun 2021

Billy, I don't pay attention to likes and comments on YouTube for anything and I don't give any of that any weight. It has no impact on me. People are awful on YouTube. I judge content for myself. Unless some content creator does something to attack or offend somebody, I will never understand the trolling and negative energy just to be negative. "Oh another video that isn't about adding track folders? Dislike..." It's so silly that people are affected in that way.

bxbrkrz

12 Jun 2021

I was ready to hate the video, even before watching it, but the cute baby saved the day. I can't wait to see more of his journey.
Thx OP.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

You seem to care a lot about those things, man.

Only thing I can tell you is: calling them names like that make you sound like a bitter, very old child... There's no need to be all immature about it. That is not a good look

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy, I don't pay attention to likes and comments on YouTube for anything and I don't give any of that any weight. It has no impact on me. People are awful on YouTube. I judge content for myself. Unless some content creator does something to attack or offend somebody, I will never understand the trolling and negative energy just to be negative. "Oh another video that isn't about adding track folders? Dislike..." It's so silly that people are affected in that way.
People are awful on just about every social media platform that's exactly why I call it antisocial media, I would never say anything like what gets said via those platforms, and if I had the opportunity to talk directly with the team I would have way better questions than I've seen in comment sections.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Only thing I can tell you is: calling them names like that make you sound like a bitter, very old child... There's no need to be all immature about it. That is not a good look
tbf I thought that was the rule,

YouTube is now nothing more than click bait and advertising. (Pootube)
Instagram is all about people showing off. (Look at me mar)
Facebook is nothing but people trying to portray a filter on their life and friendships. (Fakebook)

EdwardKiy

12 Jun 2021

Don't you find it adorable how RS think they are going to ignore the user base and get good reviews from their other users from parallel reality? :DD

The vid itself does seem a lot more engaging than Ryan's. At least this guy makes some music, even if with samples.

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021

Facebook is nothing but people trying to portray a filter on their life and friendships. (Fakebook)
It makes you sound like a tw@t.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021

And I'm fine with that but can you say the same?

guitfnky

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I agree with the sentiment generally, that social media sucks in some pretty glaring, fundamental ways (privacy, anyone?), but it’s not all shit. you just have to know where to look for content that’s meaningful. avoiding it all because you don’t like some (or even much) of it is choosing to miss out on stuff you might actually find valuable.

youtube: great for learning anything you could dream of (i.e. stuff you care about)
instagram: awesome for seeing pics of your friends’/family’s pets/children, or even just some quick visual inspiration (i.e. stuff you care about)
facebook: great for following groups you’re into (for me, Twin Peaks, and Ableton) and seeing what people in your circles are up to (i.e. stuff you care about)

I understand being frustrated at the content on social media in general, but if someone can’t find something worthwhile to them, they’re really just not looking that hard.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
I agree with the sentiment generally, that social media sucks in some pretty glaring, fundamental ways (privacy, anyone?), but it’s not all shit. you just have to know where to look for content that’s meaningful. avoiding it all because you don’t like some (or even much) of it is choosing to miss out on stuff you might actually find valuable.

youtube: great for learning anything you could dream of (i.e. stuff you care about)
instagram: awesome for seeing pics of your friends’/family’s pets/children, or even just some quick visual inspiration (i.e. stuff you care about)
facebook: great for following groups you’re into (for me, Twin Peaks, and Ableton) and seeing what people in your circles are up to (i.e. stuff you care about)

I understand being frustrated at the content on social media in general, but if someone can’t find something worthwhile to them, they’re really just not looking that hard.
I agree to some degree and I generally view the content when accessible but as soon as they started requiring accounts to access the content then I stopped viewing them, I've never been someone to signup just to watch a video or read an article it's total overkill and a good reason for RS to also replicate the content on their main site which I check regularly.

joeyluck

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
People are awful on just about every social media platform that's exactly why I call it antisocial media, I would never say anything like what gets said via those platforms, and if I had the opportunity to talk directly with the team I would have way better questions than I've seen in comment sections.
My point is you seem to give consideration to those comments and dislikes. I give them no weight.

If RS had you make a video, we would all be happy to see it. We'd be saying things like, "Cool setup, Billy!" and "I didn't imagine your voice would sound like that!" and you would get dislikes from others and people saying, "Who the hell is this? This is stupid! Show us Combinator 2 already!"

So who cares about that negativity.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

Well it's less about the personal consideration to the comments, I'm asking for opinion on what people think might help RS and the team to create content for marketing that solves the negative reactions.

Like I said above I watch all of the content that I can access and don't have accounts to post comments one way or the other, I'm happy to see content that uses Reason standalone or makes use of RRP but clearly others just want to post negative comments just for the sake of it, more often than not it's not even relevant to the content.

integerpoet

12 Jun 2021

The other thing that's weird to me about these threads is that people seem to be interested in analyzing not the content but how well the masses receive it as if that's a matter of existential import to anyone other than RS marketing department. Seems like that energy would be better spent on 99% of the other threads in this forum — and yes that 99% includes the BUMP thread. I mean I guess it's an indicator of how committed the user community is, but in a weird backhanded way that requires tolerance for a ton of negative energy. Surely there's a better use of our finite time on the planet, though I suppose now that I've replied I'm as guilty as anyone else.

EdwardKiy

12 Jun 2021

integerpoet wrote:
12 Jun 2021
The other thing that's weird...

...though I suppose now that I've replied I'm as guilty as anyone else.
I agree, it's quite a phenomenon

guitfnky

12 Jun 2021

joeyluck wrote:
12 Jun 2021
My point is you seem to give consideration to those comments and dislikes. I give them no weight.

So who cares about that negativity.
you have that luxury, as someone who has no stake in those numbers. it doesn’t mean they’re meaningless just because YOU don’t care about them.

to answer your question—Reason Studios. or at least they should care about that negativity. it’s literally their job to sell stuff, and to do that, people need to have a positive opinion of them, or at the very least their products.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

12 Jun 2021

Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021

I cannot say the same. No. I don't want people thinking you are a twat.

Billy+

12 Jun 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 Jun 2021
Billy+ wrote:
12 Jun 2021

I cannot say the same. No. I don't want people thinking you are a twat.
Then why make the comment, why not look past my discerption of amp's and engage with the essence of the initial questions of how you think RS could produce marketing content that doesn't get so much negative comments?

• Information