reason 12 beta

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2021

gkillmaster wrote:
20 Aug 2021
I just downloaded 12.2d8 beta and see no updated Combinator. What am I missing?

Thanks!
An updated combinator hahahahaha :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

20 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2021
gkillmaster wrote:
20 Aug 2021

Thanks!
🤣🏁

BonsaiMacKay

20 Aug 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Aug 2021
gkillmaster wrote:
20 Aug 2021

Thanks!
😸

DaveyG

20 Aug 2021

gkillmaster wrote:
20 Aug 2021

Thanks!
It's just called Combinator and is under Utilities.

tranceemerson

06 Sep 2021

Wow, they really want us to use Reason +

PhillipOrdonez

06 Sep 2021

tranceemerson wrote:
06 Sep 2021
?

kitekrazy

06 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Sep 2021
tranceemerson wrote:
06 Sep 2021
?
There is no demo of Reason only Reason +. This I think will seal their fate for those who are not fanboys.

PhillipOrdonez

06 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Sep 2021

?
There is no demo of Reason only Reason +. This I think will seal their fate for those who are not fanboys.
So if one wants to trial Reason, one can only trial free for 7 days using the + trial?

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Sep 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
06 Sep 2021

So if one wants to trial Reason, one can only trial free for 7 days using the + trial?
I found a link on here to trial 12 direct however what I did find was this trial only seemed to work on daw and not rrp (there was no option to click on demo mode in rrp). Hence I had to go + trial route but it did not ask for any billing details and you can cancel straight away and get 7 days still.

QVprod

06 Sep 2021

It's actually pretty common that a software trial gives you the most feature packed version to try out. In this case that would be Reason+. If you trial Ableton, they give you the Suite version to try out, not the Standard version. This is no different.

tranceemerson

06 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Sep 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
06 Sep 2021

?
What brought this up is that you have to download the Reason + Companion app just to download the high res rack extensions. Once that 7 day period is up, you don't have access to those HiRes versions. :cry: this probably means I'll have to subscribe for a few months until all RE developers release hi res versions.

Is this going to be the only way we can update Reason moving forward?

PhillipOrdonez

06 Sep 2021

tranceemerson wrote:
06 Sep 2021
kitekrazy wrote:
06 Sep 2021

What brought this up is that you have to download the Reason + Companion app just to download the high res rack extensions. Once that 7 day period is up, you don't have access to those HiRes versions. :cry: this probably means I'll have to subscribe for a few months until all RE developers release hi res versions.

Is this going to be the only way we can update Reason moving forward?
This is not true. You don't need + to have high resolution Res. I don't have + and my Res are in high resolution. All Res were ready to go from release day, this has been informed several times and portrayed as a "muscle flex" for the Re format. If you own Reason 12 you don't need to subscribe to anything to get high resolution rack extensions, you just need to hit sync all on your Reason account website.

kitekrazy

06 Sep 2021

QVprod wrote:
06 Sep 2021
It's actually pretty common that a software trial gives you the most feature packed version to try out. In this case that would be Reason+. If you trial Ableton, they give you the Suite version to try out, not the Standard version. This is no different.
Sure you can try the included instruments in the Suite but not the additional 80gb library. Presonus leaves out the additional 18gb in their trial. You are not going to trial the Independence Pro library in Samplitude. I have 11 Suite and just only want to try 12 without the rest of the noise.

QVprod

07 Sep 2021

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Sep 2021
QVprod wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Sure you can try the included instruments in the Suite but not the additional 80gb library. Presonus leaves out the additional 18gb in their trial. You are not going to trial the Independence Pro library in Samplitude. I have 11 Suite and just only want to try 12 without the rest of the noise.
Fair point on sample content. With Reason+ though, there isn't any. It's the same app as the perpetual version. Companion mostly stays out the way unless you want to use it. It is a considerable step up over Authorizer though, for whenever they eventually add it to perpetual Reason 12.

diminished
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2021

Ableton gives its users a 90 day trial on the Suite version of their software... just sayin. So yeah, this is much different :puf_smile:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Popey
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2021

diminished wrote:
07 Sep 2021
Ableton gives its users a 90 day trial on the Suite version of their software... just sayin. So yeah, this is much different :puf_smile:
7 days is a bit short really especially for hobbyists with a mon-fri 9-5 job. Mentioned this to james Pember on a facebook post when he was looking for feedback.

QVprod

07 Sep 2021

That begs the question. Does Reason still work in its eternal save but can’t open demo mode? That was the default option before the 30 day trials and R+

Oper-8

18 Sep 2021

(Sorry, I posted in another thread and I've just noticed this one)
If James or anyone else from Reason Studios wanted to show some transparency and reply to me... That would be great, as the meme says.
I'd like to understand why they hate me to the point that they block me from beta access although I got invites for V11 and V12...
Thanks in advance.
Sync music : Pond5 | Sound design : Vimeo | Ambient, Downtempo : Oper-8 | Shoegaze, Synthwave : Fake Luxury

• Information