Reason a plugin?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
guitfnky

03 Jun 2021

Reason 13 will be where they discontinue the DAW, and go full RRP. Reason 15 will be when, with much fanfare, they announce that the DAW is back by popular demand, and pretty much in the same exact state they left it. 😂
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2021

Fear not ... basically there are two reasons to use Reason:
1. Standalone (no other DAWs).
2. As a plugin.

RS know they're beaten by the competition, but can still appeal to those who prefer other DAWs by giving them the option to use Reason within it.

That way they get the best of both worlds:
1. People who want to use Reason exclusively.
2. People who don't.

It's a win/win.

It's a good thing they waited until now to make RRP. If they'd done this before Record we might never have gotten the SSL mixer and audio editing features.

tobypearce

16 Jun 2021

avasopht wrote:
03 Jun 2021

It's a good thing they waited until now to make RRP. If they'd done this before Record we might never have gotten the SSL mixer and audio editing features.
That's a decent point. I remember the guy who used to do the marketing videos saying that the time stretch on the newly introduced vocal processing that was not just good, but Reason time stretch good. Reason, this implies, was renowned for having a great time stretching algorithm in its sequencer (which I think it does). There are definitely things to be grateful for apart from the rack.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2021

tobypearce wrote:
16 Jun 2021

That's a decent point. I remember the guy who used to do the marketing videos saying that the time stretch on the newly introduced vocal processing that was not just good, but Reason time stretch good. Reason, this implies, was renowned for having a great time stretching algorithm in its sequencer (which I think it does). There are definitely things to be grateful for apart from the rack.
The Freemasons said this when making their Whitney Houston remix. They were born away

motuscott

16 Jun 2021

Gardinski wrote:
03 Jun 2021
jam-s wrote:
02 Jun 2021

Reason 13 will be all about exciting new instruments like Radical Kazoo and A-List Cowbells. :twisted:
Assuming human society survives long enough to see Reason 13, I'm holding out for "Deliverance Banjo": the perfect RE for capturing that post-apocalyptic vibe when all the cannibal hillbillies descend upon us, as they inevitably must.
I see your cannibal hillbilly and raise you one road warrior
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

bangaio

17 Jun 2021

WOO wrote:
01 Jun 2021
Why the reluctance to make significant improvements to the sequencer work flow? These guys use other daws so why can't they take the best features from the competition and integrate those into reason. I just don't get it! I would love to hear someone from reason address this issue. For those of you new to this forum this problem goes way back.
And we come full circle. People saying that the plus subscription and plug-in is the only way to bring in new users but you have to wonder if they had invested in the daw and by daw I mean the sequencer and keeping up with modern developments, trends and design patterns then who knows, they may have had loads of new users wanting to get in on this modem innovative platform. Instead we get the same old platform with slightly shinier graphics.

• Information