Reason 12 Device Roll Out Schedule...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jaeproduced

24 May 2021

So with the confirmed deployment of Reason 12 on Sept. 1st I was wondering which devices they would rollout first and how often they would release them in Reason + before the full release date.
Here is what I came up with;
June Hi Res Display, just because it's already in Alpha testing...

July New Sampler Device, hopefully it will tell you which key the sample is in and uses both Rex & Wav...

August New/Updated Combinator 2.0, hopefully VST 3.0 is included...

September Full Release of REASON 12...hopefully tons of feature/function updates to the Sequencer & Mixer...

WHAT SAY YOU????

Loque

24 May 2021

I guess you will only see the sampler before September, because everything else is part of Reason itself.
Reason12, Win10

strange_scenery

24 May 2021

Sampler mid June, new Combinator second half of July, possibly the browser in August, though that might be saved for Reason 12. Hi-res not until Reason 12. Hi-res is definitely not coming out in June as it's not even in beta yet.

freshkidblaze

24 May 2021

I think Sampler early June (maybe after May Madness).
Combinator Late June/ Early July.

I have a feeling the sampler will have elements from all the samplers (even umpf), and will be a go to for all users but won't steal the shine from older devices.

RoryM0

24 May 2021

How are RS going to roll out the combinator to R+ users? Seems tricky as presumably it isn't built in the RE SDK (unless it has received a gigantic update behind the scenes) and therefore isn't a Rack Extension and can't be added to anyone's rack using the RE platform.

Perhaps the new sampler will get focus first as it can probably be rolled out to R+ users as an RE, but rolling out the combinator to R+ users may just mean giving them access to R12 before September 1st?

It's a chin-stroker.

Billy+

24 May 2021

Well the current combinator is built into the DAW and judging by the lack of anything else remotely resembling a combinator you would have to rule out it being an RE as the current SDK looks incapable of such a device, if it was I'm fairly certain that at least one of the 3rd party developers would have created something by now.

Maybe the new sampler is a RE and could easily be released as an early bonus to plus subs as it would work in the current V11 build without having to deal with 2 branches of Reason deployment or maybe a sub account will get V12 upgrade via companion...

So I would guess that the early access is probably the sampler device followed by V12 including CMBv2 and hires.

DaveyG

24 May 2021

I can't imagine the RS Devs will be very keen on releasing R12 piecemeal to R+ subscribers then doing a big release to everyone else in September. That's just making more work for them unless they are going to treat the intermediate releases as Betas, which could cause its own problems. Hands up if you want to do your proper stuff in a Beta!

QVprod

24 May 2021

I don’t think having two versions of the app is as hard as people think. R+ users already have a separate authorization method with Companion.

Lempface

24 May 2021

QVprod wrote:
24 May 2021
I don’t think having two versions of the app is as hard as people think. R+ users already have a separate authorization method with Companion.
Agreed, with development heading toward SaaS for many things, it makes sense to push changes into the subscription branch as they are ready and tested. With code repositories and auto-build pipelines readily available it really isn't that difficult to pull the code changes from the subscription branch and compile a release branch for R12 when its ready for perpetual license holders.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

DaveyG

24 May 2021

It's not so much the mechanics of the tools and the authorisation method. It's more the amount of testing each release will need. No dev team would want to test and release 3 or 4 versions between now and September if they can get away with just releasing one. But, of course, it is not the dev team's decision so I guess we'll see.

Billy+

24 May 2021

Actually I think I would agree with QVProd and RS did kinda say that subs would be getting regular updates along with devices and content packs as a mechanism to retain subs and V11 is basically being left with bugs that doesn't look like being fixed before V12 launch.

It's definitely worth holding out on yet another upgrade before the whole picture is revealed. Ultimately we've all seen the direction that RS has taken with things over the years and they definitely have decided that the sub model is worth pursuing and with full force.

Anyone new to the ecosystem will be much better off with subscription as they get access to a lot for the fee and if I was starting from scratch I'm pretty sure I would probably buy into it for a good few months, the only thing that would put me off is the need to be signed in on every launch which I believe is something being actively worked on.

• Information