Will you upgrade to Reason 12? (POLL)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Will you upgrade to Reason 12?

I'm already a Reason + subscriber. (or) I will become a Reason + subscriber.
11%
Yes I will upgrade. (or) I have already pre-purchased the upgrade.
48%
I probably will, but I'm not completely sure.
21%
I haven't decided yet. Maybe, maybe not.
13%
Most likely not, but we'll see.
1%
I won't upgrade, but I might become a Reason + subscriber.
No votes
No way. Reason Studios needs to do this and this and this. They don't listen to their customers. Yada yada yada...
5%

Total votes: 161
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 May 2021

Pick the option that fits the best. I know I could probably write another 20 additional nuanced options, but I just want to get an overall picture. If there are too many options it quickly turns into a scattered mess.

There's always the comment section if you want to discuss things further.

Yonatan

19 May 2021

Hi res, new sampler and a renewed Combinator. Off course that is very exciting, but I am not in a rush if I will have to pay more than upgraders in May madness, and will not take R+ on any less than 50% off. R11 suite, so will probably just demo R12 and look on live stream and sit out the hype period and then see if I can do without upgrading until next bigger sale or even next bigger point update if it brings anything crucial to main DAW workflow. Or just wait until R13.

DaveyG

19 May 2021

I'll see what it offers and if I decide it's for me I'll probably wait until the upgrade is on sale. I do want the HD gfx. I'll probably never use the combinator except for using those made by others, A year or two ago I'd have been stoked at the new sampler but now I have a number of other options in other DAWs so the sampler will have to be very, very special to make me switch back to sampling in Reason. The more I use other DAWs the more I realise that the main reason I still use Reason is the players. For everything else I have better options. It's a very long time since I started and finished a whole song in Reason.

challism

19 May 2021

ha ha, the last one... yada yada yada
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

RoryM0

19 May 2021

I'm on R10 and really HD has been my biggest desire since I started using Reason again in 2017. So paying £90 to upgrade to 11 and all the features and developments in that cycle and getting 12 included feels like a serious bargain. Bought yesterday. Looking forward to September.

electricthing

19 May 2021

Was on 10. This is a nice moment to go to 11 and 12. I want to upgrade no more than every 4 or 5 years.
I had dabbled in the 11 Lite Rack in Studio One and I like how it worked, but not the small UI. Reason Daw I use occasionally, I like to use it with my hardware synths, recently bought 2 Robotic Bean RE's.

DJMaytag

19 May 2021

Definitely upgrading, either now for $90 on sale or full price when it's released.

reusenoise

19 May 2021

Number 3,I'm already on Reason 11, so no grace period for me, I think I will skip until Black Friday

Loque

19 May 2021

I am not sure i would upgrade for HiRes only, but for the new Combinator i would do it!
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

19 May 2021

r11s

loopeydoug

19 May 2021

I will be upgrading based solely on the Combinator, my number one wishlist item since about Reason 5. The Combinator is one of the strongest tools(conceptually) Props ever came up with(in connection with their chosen approach of creative routing in the rack). Its shortcomings have been glaring for years. Release after release I've been dumbfounded as to why they chose to ignore those shortcomings. But hey, at least we got Blocks, Audio to MIDI, Beatmap, and Allihoopa while we were waiting!

Jackjackdaw

20 May 2021

I will cus the new stuff is all high on my wishlist. Maybe not straight away though. I feel the hi res is likely to be a bug fest for a while.

Billy+

20 May 2021

At the moment I think I'm going to wait until next year and see what happens in the meantime.

The current listed features don't do anything for me but I'm holding out hope that more features will be in the final release that will persuade me to upgrade later but until then I'm fine with grabbing a copy of Algorithm and being content with 11suite for a few months.

EdGrip

20 May 2021

I think I'm too into Ableton/Push/my couple of bits of hardware to upgrade, for the time being - I'm watching as a spectator though!

BonsaiMacKay

20 May 2021

As much as I'd like an updated Combinator, a good sampler, and a better browser in Reason, I think I need to see a bit more than what has been announced so far to justify throwing my money their way.

gbuck

20 May 2021

I always upgrade Reason since R1 except I missed version 2. I was using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9/ Sonar1 around that time. Of course now I have the newest versions of CWBL and R11 Suite. I sure hope they add some needed sequencer functions. If not CWBL is better than all them 'other' daw's for my personal needs. And it is free now.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

Remember when they added the Radical Piano RE as a stock device? I do. I bought that bad boy at full price.
Maybe this time around they’ll add all the Propellerheads REs which were in Suite to the stock devices. Oh how I will laugh and dance.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

esselfortium

20 May 2021

Radical Piano had been out for like 7 years when they added it as a stock device. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

orthodox
RE Developer

20 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
they’ll add all the Propellerheads REs which were in Suite to the stock devices
Now that they started Reason+, no way. They wouldn't have offered Suite if they had Reason+ in mind.

fullforce

20 May 2021

I'll upgrade to this from version 10. 11 was very "meh" for me. This seems like a good deal with the revamped rack and all.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

plaamook

20 May 2021

With the current line up I’m gonna have to think about it. Or demo it. I’m underwhelmed.
If hi res GPU etc sorts out out scrolling in OSx, very possible. If it’s just more detail, no.
If the new sampler is a cracker, probably.
Both deffo.
Neither, nope.
I can prob wait for the new combinator.
If they announce some sequencer updates. Like...I don’t know...being able to ZOOM OUT FAR RNOUGH TO SEE A 20MIN TRACK...then most probably.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

orthodox wrote:
20 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
they’ll add all the Propellerheads REs which were in Suite to the stock devices
Now that they started Reason+, no way. They wouldn't have offered Suite if they had Reason+ in mind.
I was being ironic.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
orthodox wrote:
20 May 2021

I was being ironic.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that exactly what they're doing with plus? All current and every future RS device will be added as and when they become available to anyone who uses the plus service.

Plus is the new suite and to some extent what some thought they'd brought into when purchasing suite. I personally thought I was buying a bundle for a fixed amount but would have happily accepted any extras but was also happy to buy the extra devices that have since been released.

And listen to streams it was very clear that plus was definitely way past the idea/planning stage during suites deployment!

I am curious about future RE's though as unless CMBv2 is going to be a free downloadable RE that will work in V10 & V11 the future devices using CMBv2 won't be fully compatible with lower version of Reason!

orthodox
RE Developer

20 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 May 2021
I was being ironic.
Ironic comical or ironic spiteful?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

orthodox wrote:
20 May 2021