Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
East Island

17 May 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
17 May 2021
VST 3 in a 11.x update would put a sock in a few mouths for a bit :lol:
VST 3 and AU are needed!

Other than that, it is a nice update.
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

m.arthur

17 May 2021

per the video I just watched of Rian describing the new features, seems like it specifically will have:

• New Sampler
• Updated Combinator
• Updated Browser
• Hi-DPI graphics + scalable

Which honestly sounds AMAZING to me! That's one of the 'fullest' updates in a long while, afaic. Can't wait to see it.

As for the guy in here whining that they should have updated NNXT instead of builder a new one, please, just get over it. NNXT is like twenty years old. It operates like a Sampler from the 90s. Things have moved way, way beyond that. It makes sense to just build something new, in 2021, that meets today's sampler standards. If they'd remade NNXT you wouldn't even recognize it, and then you'd probably complain about that.

reddust

17 May 2021

To be honest I'm glad I moved to a different DAW, nothing of what I've been hoping for to be added to Reason for years is on this list either, I guess Reason just works in a different direction of what I would need for a DAW, but on the other side I'm glad they seem to fullfill some of the Reasoners' wishes with this update

The_Real_DeanC2000

17 May 2021

Underwhelmed. It's sad really. I'm sad. No mention of sequencer improvements. How about a shortcut to choose grid resolution? How about Mixer improvements? Mixer groupings/folders?

Just new devices. How many hundreds of devices will you be satisfied with? Browser improvements? So what? I'm glad I've started to transition to Reaper.

kitekrazy

17 May 2021

I guess that should relieve the fear mongers that Reason is not a sub only DAW. I hope there will also be updates to R11 in the process. As one with too many DAWs I tart removing the ones that have few updates and more paid upgrades. That can be a money pit.

plaamook

17 May 2021

Creativemind wrote:
17 May 2021
What is the point I'd like to know of having 3 samplers?
I know right?!!
What we really need is...another synth!!!
😂
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

PhillipOrdonez

17 May 2021

What I want to know and can't understand nobody has mentioned yet... Where are Ryan's glasses? Did he start using contacts? Boy, Reason studios is really changing 😭😂😂😂

miscend

17 May 2021

Lotuz2019 wrote:
17 May 2021
The RRP still won't be able to load VST plugins? Just imagine how powerful the RRP would become, especially together with the new Combinator.
+1 RRP breaks some combinators because it doesn't support VST.

plaamook

17 May 2021

miscend wrote:
17 May 2021
Lotuz2019 wrote:
17 May 2021
The RRP still won't be able to load VST plugins? Just imagine how powerful the RRP would become, especially together with the new Combinator.
+1 RRP breaks some combinators because it doesn't support VST.
That’s why I don’t bother with it myself.

Or here.

guitfnky

17 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
17 May 2021
What I want to know and can't understand nobody has mentioned yet... Where are Ryan's glasses? Did he start using contacts? Boy, Reason studios is really changing 😭😂😂😂
plot twist: his eyes were fine all along—it was just the focus on the RackTron 4000 (or whatever they called it) that needed adjusting 😆
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

guitfnky

17 May 2021

The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
17 May 2021
Just new devices. How many hundreds of devices will you be satisfied with? Browser improvements? So what? I'm glad I've started to transition to Reaper.
I don’t get it either. it’s like getting a slice of cake that’s pretty close to perfect and all they can think of to improve the recipe is to keep adding more sugar.

Billy+

17 May 2021

So if combinator version 2 replaces the current combinator what happens when a new device gets released with updated version 2 patches, won't that remove compatible with older version of Reason?

And anyone using R+ who decides to roll back to their perpetual license won't be able to use the content packs that I'm assuming will now be packaged inside V2 combinators! Well from September....

Also I'm assuming that no news on M1 native build is actually bad news?

owlymane

17 May 2021

Creativemind wrote:
17 May 2021
owlymane wrote:
17 May 2021

- There’s something in Ableton which I forgot the name, but basically it’s an option you tick to be able to play a midi note even if you play it in the middle, instead of having to stop and play it back from the start of the midi note to hear it.
Midi Chase it's called but in FL Studio it's called Truncated Notes.

EDIT - Sorry you already stated this in the thread after I'd commented and I can't delete this comment now, even though no-one has commented after it yet.
It's alright buddy :D

Yes exactly Truncated Notes in FL Studio 👍🏻

Shadoww

17 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 May 2021
The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
17 May 2021
I don’t get it either. it’s like getting a slice of cake that’s pretty close to perfect and all they can think of to improve the recipe is to keep adding more sugar.
Sweet analogy ! The issue I have with Reason Studios at the moment is - I don’t trust their business model. Period. Therefore I buy VSTs from now on. Especially until the sequencer is improved. My thinking is, if they were to ever suddenly shift their business model (yet again) then I walk away with my investments and pick up in a new DAW. The new sampler is a promising addition, but I’ve already just bought Serato Sample this year. And instead of buying Algorthm I decided to invest in Serum vst. I went the 3rd party vst route, not cos I think they are better products but cos I trust these companies more now. Basically, I have a lack of trust in the Reason Studios business model due to the addition of the creepy Reason+
I just wish they’d just get rid of it and focus on Reason. The packs are not cool and they don’t even get guest artist with clout so it’s dead in the water already. It’s like a cancer to the whole brand imho

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

Wouldn’t it be funny if the upgrade to R12 was PWYW.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

17 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
that would be hilariously bad business. get a bunch of people to pay $90 to upgrade at a discount in May, only to turn around and let the latecomers who hold off pay what they want.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
that would be hilariously bad business. get a bunch of people to pay $90 to upgrade at a discount in May, only to turn around and let the latecomers who hold off pay what they want.
Well isn’t that pretty much what Suite was? :)
Last edited by MrFigg on 17 May 2021, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

polysix

17 May 2021

it looks like I can create a mapping for my controller in the combinator? Excellent! I would like a little more for the update. That I can jump into the clips from the track using the arrow keys. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to the update.

plaamook

17 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
Considering 11, yeah. I'd be laughing my ass off!

Or here.

guitfnky

17 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
guitfnky wrote:
17 May 2021

Well isn’t that pretty much what Suite was? :)
ah, yeah, sort of—but as a Suite owner, I don’t feel too slighted knowing that R+ users have to keep paying if they want to keep access to everything. 😅

SebAudio

17 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
17 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
I’m sure 12 will be PWYW for 11 owners. It’ ll be standard update price for owners of older versions. So time to update :thumbup:

unclenofun

17 May 2021

just to be 100% sure...essentialy, the usual grace period has now started? so any reason 11 bought now would entitle you to a free upgrade to 12 when it comes out? and that includes retail copies? including any remaining retail copies of 11 suite?

gullum

17 May 2021

when you say that these new futures will be rolled out to Reason + users. Does that mean that the + users are beta tester for us that will wait for 12 to be released?

Shadoww

17 May 2021

gullum wrote:
17 May 2021
when you say that these new futures will be rolled out to Reason + users. Does that mean that the + users are beta tester for us that will wait for 12 to be released?
The message is confusing and muddy. This is why I cringe every time I see the videos trying to explain the roll out model. I can almost see in Ryan’s eyes that’s he feels like he’s trying to sell us all a dud. Maybe he’s taken off his glasses as a subliminal subconscious protest to his employers! Like he’s wanting to distance himself from reason+ ha :geek:

DaveyG

17 May 2021

Shadoww wrote:
17 May 2021
gullum wrote:
17 May 2021
The message is confusing and muddy. This is why I cringe every time I see the videos trying to explain the roll out model. I can almost see in Ryan’s eyes that’s he feels like he’s trying to sell us all a dud. Maybe he’s taken off his glasses as a subliminal subconscious protest to his employers! Like he’s wanting to distance himself from reason+ ha :geek:
They have to give the subs people the warm fuzzy feeling of being special. Subs are where RS will make the most money.

• Information