Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kbard

Post 09 Aug 2021

I don't understand completely some of ongoing frustration, but I can see how someone can spiral into this.

You purchase product for what it is at a time of purchasing not for what "it could be in the future". That really is all to it. If you go by it your life will not be as bitter as it is now.

There is generous trial 30 days (edit: it's 7 days or what?). That should be enough for decision. If you don't see a feature or workflow you simply pass on to another product. Or you accept it and work with what you have.

You don't go into store to buy bread only to return complaining how vendor is not delivering sausage with your purchase. Or you don't argue it is not included with it but it should because someone else is including it.

It's a extreme example but is pretty much applied to everything. It is as simple as that.

I could understand people don't liking subscription (I don't), but they left us perpetual license for purchase. You don't need to upgrade, no one is forcing anyone into anything.

I am not saying above to stop someone complaining it is a mere attempt to help someone being so bitter. Buy a tool for what it is at a time of purchase.

If you rely on someone else's promises or hopes you are pretty much setting yourself for a failure.

Remember that our music heroes created and defined foundation for genres we listen today - with so much less tools then today. Technology is important yes but to a degree. Do not let technology (and trends) drives you, you need to drive them.

edit: actually I don't understand did they shortened Trial to 7 days?? But anyway it should be enough right?

avasopht

Post 09 Aug 2021

kbard wrote:
09 Aug 2021
edit: actually I don't understand did they shortened Trial to 7 days?? But anyway it should be enough right?
This one is quite easy to figure out if you really want to understand why they are frustrated.

Think about it for a minute.
---

Billy+

Post 09 Aug 2021

kbard wrote:
09 Aug 2021
I don't understand completely some of ongoing frustration, but I can see how someone can spiral into this.

You purchase product for what it is at a time of purchasing not for what "it could be in the future". That really is all to it. If you go by it your life will not be as bitter as it is now.

There is generous trial 30 days (edit: it's 7 days or what?). That should be enough for decision. If you don't see a feature or workflow you simply pass on to another product. Or you accept it and work with what you have.

You don't go into store to buy bread only to return complaining how vendor is not delivering sausage with your purchase. Or you don't argue it is not included with it but it should because someone else is including it.

It's a extreme example but is pretty much applied to everything. It is as simple as that.

I could understand people don't liking subscription (I don't), but they left us perpetual license for purchase. You don't need to upgrade, no one is forcing anyone into anything.

I am not saying above to stop someone complaining it is a mere attempt to help someone being so bitter. Buy a tool for what it is at a time of purchase.

If you rely on someone else's promises or hopes you are pretty much setting yourself for a failure.

Remember that our music heroes created and defined foundation for genres we listen today - with so much less tools then today. Technology is important yes but to a degree. Do not let technology (and trends) drives you, you need to drive them.

The frustration I have over vst midi support is that RS released a version claiming vst support but to find out that midi through and routing wasn't available you had to spot the support article so the feature wasn't complete and assuming that they would eventually finish the implementation wasn't such a stupid idea but I'm still waiting......

As for the trial period they have now pushed the plus as the trial and reduced the time to 7 days but you can still run Reason in demo mode for 30 days however as Plus gives you access to the RE pool but the demo mode doesn't allow the use they have again made something simple into a head scratcher.

But you're right about the time frame if I trial software I can generally make a decision within a few hours, it only took me 15 minutes to decide that XO was worth buying, I didn't even need to think about it when I brought Reason V1 but I'm definitely going to be watching the forum for a few months before I go anywhere near V12
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
What MIDI tools are you itching to use

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

VariableX

Post 09 Aug 2021

I cancelled my subscription. just not for me.
Looking forward to R12 and hoping for many new DAW features.

I spend most of my time with my Digitone and Octatrack these days, i really just use Reason to record and maybe supplement what i do with my Elektron devices...

This is why i cancelled, im just not using many reason features anymore so a subscription makes no sense.

I understand it's early release but the 'flakiness' of R12+ wasn't conducive to make me want to use it either.

• Information