Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Calazzus
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Sep 2019

Post 18 Jul 2021

gphg wrote:
17 Jul 2021
Calazzus wrote:
16 Jul 2021
What about multi timbral MIDI? Someone mentioned that it will not be in reason 12 but does reason studios ever plan to offer it? Does anyone know?
maybe this will help?

https://koshdukaimusicreason.blogspot.c ... emote.html

Would this method allow you to use scaler?

SmokeyJ
Posts: 16
Joined: 22 May 2018

Post 18 Jul 2021

I'm having consistent crashing (often just "poof" and gone) using the latest version of Reason+ Rack in the latest version of Reaper (64-bit) in Windows 10.

It seems to work fine in Bitwig, but I cannot figure out why it's crashing Reaper so often.

Anyone else seeing this? Any settings to try in Reaper to perhaps assist?

michael.jaye
Posts: 211
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post 19 Jul 2021

A bit off-topic: Was Scenic ever included in the purchase of Reason 11?

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 623
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 19 Jul 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
19 Jul 2021
A bit off-topic: Was Scenic ever included in the purchase of Reason 11?
Included with Suite 11.

User avatar
arnigretar
Posts: 83
Joined: 15 May 2020
Location: Iceland

Post 21 Jul 2021

Reason 12 is coming... yes, that's for sure. And here if you , like me, decided to jump on the wagon 3$ Reason+ for 3 months. Been user since v1. ReBirth before that. And I have been beta testing Reason versions since beginning. Love this software. But... Reason 12 is making me doubt the software for the first time. Makes me very sad. I have few computers I use and two of them are very good: 1 Macbook pro 2019 with great build. And another PC machine with Windows 10 and the specs are great. However... On both machines I have had troubles loading up projects in Reason 12. The program either just freezes or when it opens - I can just add limited devices before it get's freezing again. Sure, I could send this to the props and complain. But I am not sure what their answers will be. I am simply using project with few Reason instruments and the mixer + effects. Nothing big. On Reason 11 suite (my last bought version) this was nothing for my machines. And should not be a problem for any computer - these are minimum devices, but yet Reason freezes or is loading forever. I have re-installed and all that jazz. Still this problem is ongoing. I have Ableton Live 10 on both these machines (my macbook pro and PC running Windows 10) and I can do whatever I want and the project can be 10x bigger than this simple Reason song file and Ableton Live just runs smoothly. Before you answer that I should have the zoom in Reason 12 as this or that, I am just using the normal zoom. This just tells me the program we love Reason and the version 12 which many of us are using now - isn't ready. Or at least isn't stable. If it was, then loading a simple Reason song file using Redrum, Subtractor, Thor, the mixer and few efx would be working on computers like I have. But it's not :|

sdst
Posts: 870
Joined: 14 Jun 2015

Post 21 Jul 2021

hope Reason studio dedicate all the effort to the Rack plugin, doing only instruments and effects, no more DAW

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 951
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 21 Jul 2021

arnigretar wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Reason 12 is coming... yes, that's for sure. And here if you , like me, decided to jump on the wagon 3$ Reason+ for 3 months. Been user since v1. ReBirth before that. And I have been beta testing Reason versions since beginning. Love this software. But... Reason 12 is making me doubt the software for the first time. Makes me very sad. I have few computers I use and two of them are very good: 1 Macbook pro 2019 with great build. And another PC machine with Windows 10 and the specs are great. However... On both machines I have had troubles loading up projects in Reason 12. The program either just freezes or when it opens - I can just add limited devices before it get's freezing again. Sure, I could send this to the props and complain. But I am not sure what their answers will be. I am simply using project with few Reason instruments and the mixer + effects. Nothing big. On Reason 11 suite (my last bought version) this was nothing for my machines. And should not be a problem for any computer - these are minimum devices, but yet Reason freezes or is loading forever. I have re-installed and all that jazz. Still this problem is ongoing. I have Ableton Live 10 on both these machines (my macbook pro and PC running Windows 10) and I can do whatever I want and the project can be 10x bigger than this simple Reason song file and Ableton Live just runs smoothly. Before you answer that I should have the zoom in Reason 12 as this or that, I am just using the normal zoom. This just tells me the program we love Reason and the version 12 which many of us are using now - isn't ready. Or at least isn't stable. If it was, then loading a simple Reason song file using Redrum, Subtractor, Thor, the mixer and few efx would be working on computers like I have. But it's not :|
Same here a song that takes 7 second to load in Reason 11 is taking 30+ sec to load in R21 and when opening Reason 12 I sometimes get message from Clean my mac that Reason is not responding and fi I want to close it

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 2340
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 21 Jul 2021

sdst wrote:
21 Jul 2021
hope Reason studio dedicate all the effort to the Rack plugin, doing only instruments and effects, no more DAW
It's fairly obvious that this is already happening ;)
VST 2.4 MIDI It's definitely on the list of todos
Current POLL go vote now

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ Time for a good long sleep ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4072
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 21 Jul 2021

deeplink wrote:
16 Jun 2021
I guess it can get a little too crazy and deep.

But I always thought how cool it would be if a combinator could contain mix channels.

That way you could call up a preset of a good mix of drums etc. very quickly.
Or it's own built in 8, 16 or 32 channel mixer?
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.31 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
Deep Schulzz
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2021

gullum wrote:
21 Jul 2021
arnigretar wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Reason 12 is coming... yes, that's for sure. And here if you , like me, decided to jump on the wagon 3$ Reason+ for 3 months. Been user since v1. ReBirth before that. And I have been beta testing Reason versions since beginning. Love this software. But... Reason 12 is making me doubt the software for the first time. Makes me very sad. I have few computers I use and two of them are very good: 1 Macbook pro 2019 with great build. And another PC machine with Windows 10 and the specs are great. However... On both machines I have had troubles loading up projects in Reason 12. The program either just freezes or when it opens - I can just add limited devices before it get's freezing again. Sure, I could send this to the props and complain. But I am not sure what their answers will be. I am simply using project with few Reason instruments and the mixer + effects. Nothing big. On Reason 11 suite (my last bought version) this was nothing for my machines. And should not be a problem for any computer - these are minimum devices, but yet Reason freezes or is loading forever. I have re-installed and all that jazz. Still this problem is ongoing. I have Ableton Live 10 on both these machines (my macbook pro and PC running Windows 10) and I can do whatever I want and the project can be 10x bigger than this simple Reason song file and Ableton Live just runs smoothly. Before you answer that I should have the zoom in Reason 12 as this or that, I am just using the normal zoom. This just tells me the program we love Reason and the version 12 which many of us are using now - isn't ready. Or at least isn't stable. If it was, then loading a simple Reason song file using Redrum, Subtractor, Thor, the mixer and few efx would be working on computers like I have. But it's not :|
Same here a song that takes 7 second to load in Reason 11 is taking 30+ sec to load in R21 and when opening Reason 12 I sometimes get message from Clean my mac that Reason is not responding and fi I want to close it
I use window 10 on pretty powerful PCs and I have the same R12 problems with extrem loading time and also extrem RAM load and and sometimes, but not always, crazy SSD usage. I opened a support ticket 8 days ago. No answer yet. I hope they'll get the problems under control soon.

User avatar
EnochLight
Moderator
Posts: 7027
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 21 Jul 2021

There's fix in the works - no idea when it will drop, though.
Win 10 | Reason 12 |  Studio 1 4.6 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, TR-8 7x7 Expansion, MX1, JX8P, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 4072
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 21 Jul 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
I wrote some words here, if you're a sucker for more details: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/announcing-reason-12 :)
"the Combinator. It's both one of the most powerful sound design tools anywhere in the world as well as the easiest, best way to find great patches and just make music. Updating the Combinator is also one of the most highly requested features of all times—from more CV inputs and controls to easier programming and more patches. We're making good on all of this!"

That makes it sound like those 4 things, CV, Inputs, Programming and Patches are the only things being added? that's brilliant but what about a built in mixer that adds channels automatically or can be routed easily so you don't need either of line mixers?
Last edited by Creativemind on 22 Jul 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.31 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
arnigretar
Posts: 83
Joined: 15 May 2020
Location: Iceland

Post Yesterday

Deep Schulzz wrote:
21 Jul 2021
gullum wrote:
21 Jul 2021


Same here a song that takes 7 second to load in Reason 11 is taking 30+ sec to load in R21 and when opening Reason 12 I sometimes get message from Clean my mac that Reason is not responding and fi I want to close it
I use window 10 on pretty powerful PCs and I have the same R12 problems with extrem loading time and also extrem RAM load and and sometimes, but not always, crazy SSD usage. I opened a support ticket 8 days ago. No answer yet. I hope they'll get the problems under control soon.
Good to know that I'm not the only one. Well, maybe not that good to know - since this seems to be a problem. And a big one :?

Eusantis
Posts: 43
Joined: 06 Feb 2018

Post Today

arnigretar wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Reason 12 is coming... yes, that's for sure. And here if you , like me, decided to jump on the wagon 3$ Reason+ for 3 months. Been user since v1. ReBirth before that. And I have been beta testing Reason versions since beginning. Love this software. But... Reason 12 is making me doubt the software for the first time. Makes me very sad. I have few computers I use and two of them are very good: 1 Macbook pro 2019 with great build. And another PC machine with Windows 10 and the specs are great. However... On both machines I have had troubles loading up projects in Reason 12. The program either just freezes or when it opens - I can just add limited devices before it get's freezing again. Sure, I could send this to the props and complain. But I am not sure what their answers will be. I am simply using project with few Reason instruments and the mixer + effects. Nothing big. On Reason 11 suite (my last bought version) this was nothing for my machines. And should not be a problem for any computer - these are minimum devices, but yet Reason freezes or is loading forever. I have re-installed and all that jazz. Still this problem is ongoing. I have Ableton Live 10 on both these machines (my macbook pro and PC running Windows 10) and I can do whatever I want and the project can be 10x bigger than this simple Reason song file and Ableton Live just runs smoothly. Before you answer that I should have the zoom in Reason 12 as this or that, I am just using the normal zoom. This just tells me the program we love Reason and the version 12 which many of us are using now - isn't ready. Or at least isn't stable. If it was, then loading a simple Reason song file using Redrum, Subtractor, Thor, the mixer and few efx would be working on computers like I have. But it's not :|


It is sad and it is alarming. One of the best things Reason has ever had, and now they screw it up with it. It does not seem accidental that it coincides in time with putting the program as a subscription. They are demolishing in a short time everything they have achieved over many years.

And I've never been critical of Reason, until just now. It's my favorite daw by far, but I'm starting to fear that with his policy of taking money on everything, more and more, from people who don't use Reason as a DAW, Reason is increasingly threatened with death.

They should publicly apologize and make an amendment resolution, fix this however they can, if they can, and make difficult and perhaps drastic decisions, in order to return the DAW to the path more content that was its essence, and that they should never have abandoned. At least, not in such a blatant and careless way. It seems that the desire for money has blinded them.

I still expect good things from Reason 12, the sampler and the new combinator, but if my computer can't handle the software, and I have a Mcbook pro M1, it won't do me any good.

Also, the sequencer has been in need of many new improvements for a long time. They have forgotten it. It is something that matches their subscription policy, and to sell Reason as a plugin, more than anything else. They are killing the program.

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 9003
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post Today

Yawn 😴
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

slic
Posts: 64
Joined: 01 Jun 2021

Post Today

Eusantis wrote:
Today
arnigretar wrote:
21 Jul 2021
Reason 12 is coming... yes, that's for sure. And here if you , like me, decided to jump on the wagon 3$ Reason+ for 3 months. Been user since v1. ReBirth before that. And I have been beta testing Reason versions since beginning. Love this software. But... Reason 12 is making me doubt the software for the first time. Makes me very sad. I have few computers I use and two of them are very good: 1 Macbook pro 2019 with great build. And another PC machine with Windows 10 and the specs are great. However... On both machines I have had troubles loading up projects in Reason 12. The program either just freezes or when it opens - I can just add limited devices before it get's freezing again. Sure, I could send this to the props and complain. But I am not sure what their answers will be. I am simply using project with few Reason instruments and the mixer + effects. Nothing big. On Reason 11 suite (my last bought version) this was nothing for my machines. And should not be a problem for any computer - these are minimum devices, but yet Reason freezes or is loading forever. I have re-installed and all that jazz. Still this problem is ongoing. I have Ableton Live 10 on both these machines (my macbook pro and PC running Windows 10) and I can do whatever I want and the project can be 10x bigger than this simple Reason song file and Ableton Live just runs smoothly. Before you answer that I should have the zoom in Reason 12 as this or that, I am just using the normal zoom. This just tells me the program we love Reason and the version 12 which many of us are using now - isn't ready. Or at least isn't stable. If it was, then loading a simple Reason song file using Redrum, Subtractor, Thor, the mixer and few efx would be working on computers like I have. But it's not :|


It is sad and it is alarming. One of the best things Reason has ever had, and now they screw it up with it. It does not seem accidental that it coincides in time with putting the program as a subscription. They are demolishing in a short time everything they have achieved over many years.

And I've never been critical of Reason, until just now. It's my favorite daw by far, but I'm starting to fear that with his policy of taking money on everything, more and more, from people who don't use Reason as a DAW, Reason is increasingly threatened with death.

They should publicly apologize and make an amendment resolution, fix this however they can, if they can, and make difficult and perhaps drastic decisions, in order to return the DAW to the path more content that was its essence, and that they should never have abandoned. At least, not in such a blatant and careless way. It seems that the desire for money has blinded them.

I still expect good things from Reason 12, the sampler and the new combinator, but if my computer can't handle the software, and I have a Mcbook pro M1, it won't do me any good.

Also, the sequencer has been in need of many new improvements for a long time. They have forgotten it. It is something that matches their subscription policy, and to sell Reason as a plugin, more than anything else. They are killing the program.
That's one opinion, mine is that I didn't like Reason 'until now' (V11) and its never been better or producing higher quality stuff (love Algorithm, Pattern Mutater etc)...they cant please everyone. Subscription is just an option, so nothing has changed. They need to find ways to make money (they obviously were struggling before) or development ends...give them a chance, the market is saturated and there is so much warez its hard to make money selling the product, hence developers looking at subscription.

PS- Personally I hate all the development time being wasted on M1 processors, they could be doing something useful for everyone rather than the very vocal few % who were early adaptors for M1s demanding everyone develop native apps for free immediately! But then I would say that as I am a die-hard PC user ;)

Eusantis
Posts: 43
Joined: 06 Feb 2018

Post Today

Develop in M1 is part of the present and the future. Would be a pure nightmare (for Reasonstudios and, therefore, for all Reason users) to forget ALL Apple users, in music.
On the other side, I have not been, never, until today, critical with Reasonstudios.

Sometimes you need to be a bit critical, for things to evolve, otherwise reason 11 would never have come, which personally, I agree, was the best Reason to date. I love Algorithm too, and all last Reasonstudios REs.

But at the same time, it is also true that they are neglecting to update the sequencer, and are risking that Reason ceases to be essentially what it was; and the day it ceases to be, no matter how much it has improved, perhaps it has lost its grace forever.

I don't want it to be like that, and that is why I consider this criticism necessary.

There is a middle ground between those who always criticize, and those who never do. Both positions are wrong.

slic
Posts: 64
Joined: 01 Jun 2021

Post Today

I am one of life's optimists, Reason has finally gone HD and is producing some really interesting instruments and players and I just cant imagen they wont update and modernise the DAW (and add VST 3 support, MPE etc). This could be the 'beginning' of a new wave of Reason with (hopefully) the development budges boosted by all the new users coming in for the HD Rack....

PS- I am tongue in cheek about the M1 (just bought my daughter an M1 MacBook for School) everyone will of course line up behind Apple at some point (+ we have all the fun of Windows 11 to come!)

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1818
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post Today

slic wrote:
Today

PS- Personally I hate all the development time being wasted on M1 processors, they could be doing something useful for everyone rather than the very vocal few % who were early adaptors for M1s demanding everyone develop native apps for free immediately! But then I would say that as I am a die-hard PC user ;)
M1 users maybe in the minority now. But moving your code to ARM is a good bet for future proofing your software into the next 10-15 yrs. It's possible even Windows PC users will switch at some point in the future like everything else - Cloud Servers, Android, Raspberry Pi etc etc. Intel announced that they're migrating into the chip manufacturing business and will be competing to make Apple Silicon chips for Apple. Intel can see where the market is heading.

User avatar
arnigretar
Posts: 83
Joined: 15 May 2020
Location: Iceland

Post Today

Happy to say that since I posted my concerns two days ago - the problem seems to be fixed. Haven't had a problem loading tracks or adding devices. And Reason is not freezing or having problems. Hope this stays :-) I'm a happy camper - at least. You know what they say: post your concerns on a message board and then soon everything will fall into place :reason:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], False Mirror, Grog and 14 guests