May Madness 2021?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ashpool

25 May 2021

I just realized that both Rigs went down from 329€ to 229€, but the upgrade increased from 79€ to 88€. Can someone confirm? Or did I mix something up here. I was interested in the Synthetic Rig Upgrade but I guess I have to wait if this is true. Thanks-

zoidkirb

25 May 2021

Ashpool wrote:
25 May 2021
I just realized that both Rigs went down from 329€ to 229€, but the upgrade increased from 79€ to 88€. Can someone confirm? Or did I mix something up here. I was interested in the Synthetic Rig Upgrade but I guess I have to wait if this is true. Thanks-
Can only confirm that it is and was $79 usd for the upgrade.

DaveyG

25 May 2021

Not sure about the price change but the rig bundles will probably get revamped when R12 lands. And whatever happened to the backline rig?

bidaar

25 May 2021

drloop wrote:
24 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
24 May 2021

Nice ! What version of reason did you have till now?
Realized that I was going to buy Algoritm and Friktion and the upgrade to 12:this year, well thats 2 years of subscription so why not try it?
yeah and you get other REs they gonna make in this year ... and lots of sound packs even if you dont use em you can just look at em and get some ideas on how to make pathes etc.. Im kinda standing where you do but I have friktion too . so Im deciding between subscribing or just buy the algoritm and some other RE in the sale and worry about the 12 or Reason+ in some other time .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

jam-s

25 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
25 May 2021
And whatever happened to the backline rig?
I think Backline Rig was removed after the A-List REs were removed from the store.

moneykube

25 May 2021

deigm wrote:
22 May 2021
moneykube wrote:
21 May 2021

Which one did you get or did you get all 3 UJam bass racks? Have you tried them? Which one do you recommend if I was to buy only one? The rock one could be up my alley.
I got Royal and Mellow. The rock one I guess is Rowdy and its the only one I didn't get :lol:
Personally I'd recommend Royal if your only getting one because it's the most straight forward bass guitar sound of the three, but it obviously depends on what kind of music your making and what suits your style/taste.
I don't care much for the "player" features where you trigger phrases and various bass lines, I'm sure you can get some good stuff doing that but I was really just looking for something I can play simple bass lines on my keyboard and not have it sound like a synth. For that purpose it performs well.
I am curious of the download size of Royal, since my secondary portable reason audio computer is filling up to "almost" the point it starts to slow down ( 50gb free runs fine... anything much lower and computer slowdown occurs... I have pretty much deleted all I am willing to delete on that computer so I generally stay away from sample heavy racks these days.This is the main reason I did not get GLACIUS on sale)
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

joeyluck

25 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
25 May 2021
deigm wrote:
22 May 2021

I got Royal and Mellow. The rock one I guess is Rowdy and its the only one I didn't get :lol:
Personally I'd recommend Royal if your only getting one because it's the most straight forward bass guitar sound of the three, but it obviously depends on what kind of music your making and what suits your style/taste.
I don't care much for the "player" features where you trigger phrases and various bass lines, I'm sure you can get some good stuff doing that but I was really just looking for something I can play simple bass lines on my keyboard and not have it sound like a synth. For that purpose it performs well.
I am curious of the download size of Royal, since my secondary portable reason audio computer is filling up to "almost" the point it starts to slow down ( 50gb free runs fine... anything much lower and computer slowdown occurs... I have pretty much deleted all I am willing to delete on that computer so I generally stay away from sample heavy racks these days.This is the main reason I did not get GLACIUS on sale)
857.2 MB here on macOS

moneykube

25 May 2021

thank you Joey :thumbup:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip

26 May 2021

The completist in me wants to get Nostromo. Do I need it? I don't. Do I want it?

challism

26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
The completist in me wants to get Nostromo. Do I need it? I don't. Do I want it?
Have you tried it? It's amazing! And.... that random button... come on! Complete the collection, already. Panda deserves it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

DaveyG

26 May 2021

challism wrote:
26 May 2021
EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
Have you tried it? It's amazing! And.... that random button... come on! Complete the collection, already. Panda deserves it.
I just went to look at it and discovered I already own it! I don't recall buying it so I guess it came in a bundle or something. Maybe the synth rigs? Anyway, in a world of too many synths that one is clearly one that did not make a lasting impression on me. :D

Ed, trial it and if you like it, or simply want it, just buy it. :thumbup:

challism

26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
Anyway, in a world of too many synths that one is clearly one that did not make a lasting impression on me. :D
Ouch! ha ha

So please report back after you install it and play around a bit.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Loque

26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
challism wrote:
26 May 2021

I just went to look at it and discovered I already own it! I don't recall buying it so I guess it came in a bundle or something. Maybe the synth rigs? Anyway, in a world of too many synths that one is clearly one that did not make a lasting impression on me. :D

Ed, trial it and if you like it, or simply want it, just buy it. :thumbup:
Nostromo is great. Just wish the "copy" menu would come back and the position from 8th to 1st slot would be faded instead of a hard cross.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

26 May 2021

challism wrote:
26 May 2021
EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
+1

Nostromo resampled into Grain, is even better.
r11s

StephenHutchinson

26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
I love Nostromo... trialed it and bought it 10 mins later. My favourite thing about it (and other Lectric Panda plugins) is the randomizer button. The sounds I can generate are just amazing.
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
Sound Design & Music Content Creation
Sound Dimension :: https://www.sounddimension.io

strangers
Competition Winner

26 May 2021

How does everyone feel about Torsion? The demos sound pretty cool although having Fritz, Nostromo, Grain, etc. makes me believe I'm already well covered. I'll have to demo it although I'm demoing about 10 other items right now.

drloop

27 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
25 May 2021
drloop wrote:
24 May 2021

Realized that I was going to buy Algoritm and Friktion and the upgrade to 12:this year, well thats 2 years of subscription so why not try it?
yeah and you get other REs they gonna make in this year ... and lots of sound packs even if you dont use em you can just look at em and get some ideas on how to make pathes etc.. Im kinda standing where you do but I have friktion too . so Im deciding between subscribing or just buy the algoritm and some other RE in the sale and worry about the 12 or Reason+ in some other time .
To my suprise I really liked the soundpacks idea. Bought one year sub today. I didn´t see that comming... :)

dvdrtldg

27 May 2021

strangers wrote:
26 May 2021
How does everyone feel about Torsion? The demos sound pretty cool although having Fritz, Nostromo, Grain, etc. makes me believe I'm already well covered. I'll have to demo it although I'm demoing about 10 other items right now.
Depends what you want to use it for, but I think Torsion is amazing and definitely not something that's covered by Fritz/Nostromo/Grain. Three grain engines, six sample slots, tons of modulation possibilities. You could maybe stack some Grains in a combinator to get something similar, I haven't tried it because... well, I've got Torsion. Trial it and see what you think

bidaar

27 May 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
27 May 2021
strangers wrote:
26 May 2021
Depends what you want to use it for, but I think Torsion is amazing and definitely not something that's covered by Fritz/Nostromo/Grain. Three grain engines, six sample slots, tons of modulation possibilities. You could maybe stack some Grains in a combinator to get something similar, I haven't tried it because... well, I've got Torsion. Trial it and see what you think
I have torsion too and its a highly Experimental device its not like your everyday synth or RE etc its really unique but probably can be used in unique situation/ideas I bought it because I knew im gonna play and use this to do some crazy stuff but been busy making beats and tracks so havent really mess aroudn with it .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

dvdrtldg

28 May 2021

Are we doing "What did you buy in the sale" yet?

I got Friktion, MIDI-CV Converter, AutoLatch, Sequences, and upgraded to Reason 11 which means 12 for free when it comes out

Could have gone more crazy but I gotta say, I'm pretty happy

Yonatan

28 May 2021

Have not bought a thing yet. Kind of in a limbo as the new R12 comes out soon enough. Might wait til BF with some REs.

dvdrtldg

28 May 2021

I've got a reasonably extensive wish list - Forgotten Waveshaper, Complex-1, CV Pistons, Dual CV Source, Delta, Scenic, Champagne SuperNova, Dyn4, and EVERYTHING made by Ekssperimental Sounds - but the new purchases just don't seem as urgent as they used to, thank god. Roll on Black Friday

EdGrip

28 May 2021

Decided just to keep randomising Rostnomo for now. ^_^ So, another sale and no RE purchases for me. :O

Tinnitus

28 May 2021

I do hope you are all subscribed to the rewards before you buy in the sale. Points mean prizes!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 May 2021

Tinnitus wrote:
28 May 2021
I do hope you are all subscribed to the rewards before you buy in the sale. Points mean prizes!
Hahahahahahaha. Whaaaaaat??!!!!!! Nah!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information