May Madness 2021?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deigm

20 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
18 May 2021
deigm wrote:
18 May 2021
Pretty hefty discounts on the Ujam stuff :think:
true... but how many drum / bass racks does one need?
do any stand out? ... opinions on must have Ujam racks appreciated
Was the new string one discounted ? or is that VST only?
if the string one is a rack AND discounted... I would likely bite
There isn't really an alternative to the Ujam bass stuff in RE format as far as I'm aware besides Props very own Electric Bass RE which is more versatile but not as modern/clean/realistic sounding in my opinion. $100 bucks a pop is too expensive for what it is I think but for $25? I'm getting it.

Soxious808

20 May 2021

Aosta wrote:
19 May 2021
Only thing I'm interested in is Kilohearts Disperser and it is not on sale, ho hum :roll:
That’s on my list to get, the vst version of it is cheaper.....

bidaar

20 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
12 May 2021
Also, recent devices usually aren't included - though it's not a hard rule! Don't get your hopes up for Algoritm, is all I'm saying.
ayyyy as we can see its under a 30% sale ! and Im thinking maybe I gotta get that cause its just crazy good , but theres Resonans , and more ... :D
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

strangers
Competition Winner

21 May 2021

Can anyone recommend a strings RE or refill that's on par or better than Stringwerks? I downloaded a few demos of stringwerk, euphonic, DNA Labs and so far most impressed with Stringwerk. There's really no competition between them. Open to other suggestions before I take the plunge on Stringwerk.

Loque

21 May 2021

Looks like Synapse is participating on the sale. Just Obsession is not in. Well, guess better for Arturia than :-D
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

21 May 2021

Loque wrote:
21 May 2021
Looks like Synapse is participating on the sale. Just Obsession is not in. Well, guess better for Arturia than :-D
Actually I think the only thing of theirs that is on sale is Antidote.

I was sure Obsession would be on sale this time, since it hasn't been on sale yet...

moneykube

21 May 2021

deigm wrote:
20 May 2021
moneykube wrote:
18 May 2021

true... but how many drum / bass racks does one need?
do any stand out? ... opinions on must have Ujam racks appreciated
Was the new string one discounted ? or is that VST only?
if the string one is a rack AND discounted... I would likely bite
There isn't really an alternative to the Ujam bass stuff in RE format as far as I'm aware besides Props very own Electric Bass RE which is more versatile but not as modern/clean/realistic sounding in my opinion. $100 bucks a pop is too expensive for what it is I think but for $25? I'm getting it.
Which one did you get or did you get all 3 UJam bass racks? Have you tried them? Which one do you recommend if I was to buy only one? The rock one could be up my alley.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

enossified

21 May 2021

eusti wrote:
13 May 2021
Was thinking to pick up Algoritm at 50% off... Now I'm not sure...
I guess I'm a cheap skate... ;)
It's not just you...the only time I bought anything from the PropShop was during a 50% off sale.

deigm

22 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
21 May 2021
deigm wrote:
20 May 2021

Which one did you get or did you get all 3 UJam bass racks? Have you tried them? Which one do you recommend if I was to buy only one? The rock one could be up my alley.
I got Royal and Mellow. The rock one I guess is Rowdy and its the only one I didn't get :lol:
Personally I'd recommend Royal if your only getting one because it's the most straight forward bass guitar sound of the three, but it obviously depends on what kind of music your making and what suits your style/taste.
I don't care much for the "player" features where you trigger phrases and various bass lines, I'm sure you can get some good stuff doing that but I was really just looking for something I can play simple bass lines on my keyboard and not have it sound like a synth. For that purpose it performs well.

ksailer

22 May 2021

Madness? Upgrade to R12 for 90€... I had more expensive upgrades with less features. Checked my licenses and I had an additional R10 from some earlier update. Now it's two R11 licenses, one of which will get upgraded to R12 once it's in the store.
:reason: :record: :ignition: :recycle: :PUF_balance: :rebirth: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :refillpacker:

challism

22 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021
Loque wrote:
21 May 2021

I was sure Obsession would be on sale this time, since it hasn't been on sale yet...
I regret not getting their $50 bundle offer a while back.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

challism wrote:
22 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
21 May 2021

I regret not getting their $50 bundle offer a while back.
I was a bit sad about that. I already had everything in that bundle except for The Legend.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

madwurmz

22 May 2021

strangers wrote:
21 May 2021
Can anyone recommend a strings RE or refill that's on par or better than Stringwerks? I downloaded a few demos of stringwerk, euphonic, DNA Labs and so far most impressed with Stringwerk. There's really no competition between them. Open to other suggestions before I take the plunge on Stringwerk.
Friktion is very good , it's on sale still not cheap .
Stringwerks was on my wishlist so I was happy to see it on sale too.
After upgrading to 11 Suite last week, madness sale was still calling me.
What I got from this month:

Synapse Antidote
StringWERK - Studio Strings
BlueDepth Epic Reverb Effect
JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
Black Knight 5 Band Equalizer
FAT50 Organic Character
UJAM Beatmaker DOPE
Sequences Robotic Bean
Helium DNA Labs
Friktion
UJAM Virtual Bassist Mellow
RPEQ Equalizer

:re: :re: :re:
I bought all this and then I found XO Beatcreator on sale, that is keeping me away from using Reason :puf_bigsmile: :thumbup:
madwurmz from planet verbs

fullforce

22 May 2021

So if I buy the discounted Reason 11 upgrade now I'll also get 12 when it's out?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

challism

22 May 2021

fullforce wrote:
22 May 2021
So if I buy the discounted Reason 11 upgrade now I'll also get 12 when it's out?
Yup, that's the word on the street.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

fullforce

22 May 2021

challism wrote:
22 May 2021
fullforce wrote:
22 May 2021
Took a screenshot to make sure. That's a good deal. Damn good deal!
reason11.png
reason11.png (63.32 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 May 2021

fullforce wrote:
22 May 2021
challism wrote:
22 May 2021

Took a screenshot to make sure. That's a good deal. Damn good deal!reason11.png
Buy it on JRRShop for €70 with the code “Forum” instead.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

22 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 May 2021
fullforce wrote:
22 May 2021

Took a screenshot to make sure. That's a good deal. Damn good deal!reason11.png
Buy it on JRRShop for €70 with the code “Forum” instead.
Damn, too late! :) Doesn't matter, skipped an upgrade, don't mind paying 90 for Reason 12.

moalla

22 May 2021

Bought the update and selig gain, more or less last RE i really need, especial this fade out feature is a really common function for me, cause no fade in, fade out automation features are included the sequencer, but maybe maybe maybe this function will come with the update for the sequencer, how knows this yet.
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

drloop

24 May 2021

l give subscription a go!
139 euros, this is going to be interesting. :)

bidaar

24 May 2021

drloop wrote:
24 May 2021
Nice ! What version of reason did you have till now?
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

mjxl

24 May 2021

Bought both the 'Synthetic Rig' and the 'Mixing & Mastering Rig', couldn't let it slip this time :P

Getting epic soundz from Vibro and Proton, holy crèpes!

Also messing with ABL3, ReDominator is fun, gonna need to check on SubBoomBass, Quad, Super Audio Cart etc :P!

joeyluck

24 May 2021

deigm wrote:
22 May 2021
moneykube wrote:
21 May 2021

I got Royal and Mellow. The rock one I guess is Rowdy and its the only one I didn't get :lol:
Personally I'd recommend Royal if your only getting one because it's the most straight forward bass guitar sound of the three, but it obviously depends on what kind of music your making and what suits your style/taste.
I don't care much for the "player" features where you trigger phrases and various bass lines, I'm sure you can get some good stuff doing that but I was really just looking for something I can play simple bass lines on my keyboard and not have it sound like a synth. For that purpose it performs well.
Yeah they're great! And they have legato! I don't know if any other sampled REs have legato...

bidaar

24 May 2021

mjxl wrote:
24 May 2021
Bought both the 'Synthetic Rig' and the 'Mixing & Mastering Rig', couldn't let it slip this time :P

Getting epic soundz from Vibro and Proton, holy crèpes!

Also messing with ABL3, ReDominator is fun, gonna need to check on SubBoomBass, Quad, Super Audio Cart etc :P!
aaaw shit they really look good they were a great deal before now they are even lower :oops:
good for you though at least you got em hahahaha
Last edited by bidaar on 25 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

drloop

24 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
24 May 2021
drloop wrote:
24 May 2021
Nice ! What version of reason did you have till now?
Realized that I was going to buy Algoritm and Friktion and the upgrade to 12:this year, well thats 2 years of subscription so why not try it?

• Information