Pops In Bounces. Can't Seem To Fix Them. Stuck.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KevTav

10 May 2021

Loque wrote:
10 May 2021
KevTav wrote:
10 May 2021
SO I think I'm screwed. It appears to be instruments by EAST WEST that are causing the issues.

Almost my ENTIRE song is using the East West instruments. I'm SCREWED for any Pre-Master Or Mastering. Which is what I was attempting.
Yea, i think that too.

Since it appears always in the same spot, it also might be an FX. You can try to disable the FX in your instruments and check, if it sounds ok.

Guess its time for a bug report...GL!
I tried disarming all effects. No help. I'm freaking PISSED. I did an entire song with their stuff, only to discover PRE MASTERING, their instruments won't render properly.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

KevTav

10 May 2021

Also forgot to mention, I had to save their entire library to my D: drive, because it's so big. Reason is on my C: Drive.

I dunno if that has anything to do with the issue.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

sonicbyte

10 May 2021

Are you try about record source as @buddard said before ?

Are you using an ssd ? If not, maybe is the H Disk that can't handle the big library bouncing to disk ?

joeyluck

10 May 2021

Does bounce in place have the same result as bouncing tracks?

Have you tried turning off hyper-threading?

KevTav

10 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
10 May 2021
Does bounce in place have the same result as bouncing tracks?

Have you tried turning off hyper-threading?
I feel stupid as hell, it's weird what you forget you can do with Reason.

Tried the bounce in place, worked like a charm. Totally forgot I could do that, lol. And the "Record Track" option someone mentioned earlier too would work in theory.

Thanks so much to you and everyone in the thread.

ETA: DAMNIT, spoke to soon. Even bouncing in place is giving my problems. F******K
Last edited by KevTav on 10 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

10 May 2021

It sounds like you're running into something that's a known issue with EastWest's Play engine. It doesn't know how to handle offline bounce (i.e. faster-than-realtime), and its disk streaming fails when it can't keep up. Unfortunately this has been broken for years. It was apparently fixed at one point and then got broken again. The only solution I've heard of is to disable disk streaming in Play, and load everything into RAM. But that makes them extremely RAM-hungry.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

KevTav

10 May 2021

esselfortium wrote:
10 May 2021
It sounds like you're running into something that's a known issue with EastWest's Play engine. It doesn't know how to handle offline bounce (i.e. faster-than-realtime), and its disk streaming fails when it can't keep up. Unfortunately this has been broken for years. It was apparently fixed at one point and then got broken again. The only solution I've heard of is to disable disk streaming in Play, and load everything into RAM. But that makes them extremely RAM-hungry.
So far, the only thing is record enabling the original track, and recording it into audio. I mean, to me it's like bouncing anyway.

I really like the East West library but that's a pretty major bug. I'll see what the rep says getting back to me. Maybe there's a patch or something, I dunno.
I'm just glad the "Track Record" function exists. That's the only thing so far that's working.

joeyluck

10 May 2021

KevTav wrote:
10 May 2021
esselfortium wrote:
10 May 2021
So far, the only thing is record enabling the original track, and recording it into audio. I mean, to me it's like bouncing anyway.

I really like the East West library but that's a pretty major bug. I'll see what the rep says getting back to me. Maybe there's a patch or something, I dunno.
I'm just glad the "Track Record" function exists. That's the only thing so far that's working.
Yeah that's very annoying, but glad the manual recording to track works for you for now. Really sucks when you want to make changes, however small, to the notes or the sounds used.

jam-s

10 May 2021

It's a known bug that EastWest do not work with non-realtime bounce/rendering (in Reason).

DaveyG

10 May 2021

Some other DAWs have an option to use realtime processing when exporting mixes or stems. The main reason for that is because you might be driving external synths but I guess it would solve the EastWest problem here too. So I'm wondering what happens if you add an MIDI out device to the rack and send it some dummy notes. Then try exporting/bouncing. Is Reason clever enough to know that it needs to render in realtime when external gear is involved?

KIKBAK1

11 May 2021

128 is to low of a buffer.. East West sounds take up lots of ram. Try your buffer at 512 and uncheck "hyper threading"
KIKBAK1.com

KevTav

21 May 2021

Just came back to thank everyone in the thread. Forgot that I posted this.

I got a new drive for my sounds from East West, a quality new SSD. And some RAM added on top of the 16 GB that I had.

Everything is working well now. Even the EastWest sounds. They have this new player called "OPUS"
which seems to work better than their old one.

• Information