Reason DRM is Infuriating!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jam-s

07 May 2021

Just cancel the login screen if you do not need to have access to those REs.

zoidkirb

07 May 2021

jam-s wrote:
07 May 2021
Just cancel the login screen if you do not need to have access to those REs.
Thanks. This worked. Had to do a 'sync all' too on this authorized pc for everything else to show up .

stripedkeys

09 May 2021

orthodox wrote:
07 May 2021
Are you saying you can't remove the license on your Balance in Codemeter Control Center?
There is an option to disable it, but sadly, I don't remember the CmStick password. I normally store such things in my LastPass vault, but I didn't do that apparently many years ago when I got this Balance. There's also an option to use the master password, but I never requested one from CodeMeter. I tried to register the Balance with CodeMeter now, but it says my CmStick is already registered, but I don't recall ever doing that.

I'm waiting on Reason Studios to respond now with any options I have, but given that I neglected to document these passwords, I suspect I'm just out of luck. CodeMeter doesn't provide a "forgot password" option.

stripedkeys

09 May 2021

Ah ha! As it turns out, I never changed the default password, so I tried the default password and it worked. I've now disabled the license on the Balance and that appears to have solved my problem.

I'm glad this one is solved because it was driving me nuts.

• Information