Grid size and Constraining movement?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The_Real_DeanC2000

26 Apr 2021

I did a little bit of looking and it looks like these keyboard shortcuts don't exist, but I will open the topic here if anyone has any input. I'm working on a song and having a keyboard shortcut to change the grid size would be so so nice. I know about the relative grid size by zooming in and out, but it's not as convenient as just having a key to change it.

Also, is there a way to constrain movement to horizontal or vertical when moving items? That would be very nice too. Thanks.

Dean.

Ottostrom

26 Apr 2021

The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
26 Apr 2021
I did a little bit of looking and it looks like these keyboard shortcuts don't exist, but I will open the topic here if anyone has any input. I'm working on a song and having a keyboard shortcut to change the grid size would be so so nice. I know about the relative grid size by zooming in and out, but it's not as convenient as just having a key to change it.

Also, is there a way to constrain movement to horizontal or vertical when moving items? That would be very nice too. Thanks.

Dean.
Unfortunately I don't think there are any built in shortcuts for changing grid size but you might be able to create some sort of macros for it.

When moving something you can hold down Shift to constrain it to one axis :)

WOO

28 Apr 2021

Geez wasn't aware of using the shift key to constrain movement. Thanks! I really should read the manual sometime.

• Information