Wood panels in Reason rack.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Do you like wood panels in Reason rack.

Yes, I love them as they are - keep them unchanged.
28%
Yes, I do, but I'd like to have an option to select different type of rack side (black/white plain, metal, wood)
48%
Love/hate for me. I'd like to have an option to hide/turn them off.
4%
No - I hate them, get rid of them completely.
6%
Wood panels? There are wood panels? Never noticed them so I don't care.
14%

Total votes: 81
lowtom

23 Apr 2021

I'm not sure if this was asked ever but do you like wood panels in Reason?
I would love to have an option to switch them to plain colour (black) instead of wood. What's your opinion?
:reason: :refill: :re:

Loque

23 Apr 2021

Can i haz variable horizontal planks plz?

plz.jpg
plz.jpg (69.27 KiB) Viewed 2221 times
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2021

I'd like to see them updated as they're looking stale after 10+ years .. but the option to turn them off / switch to black metal rails would be a nice option for those that want it. I'd be super jazzed if they based them on Ryan's rack from the HiRes announcement video.

DaveyG

23 Apr 2021

Efficient use of screen space is something Reason has never been great at and those wooden bits are just another example. They are not huge but it all adds up. Other examples: the top panel in the sequencer, the black space in the rack and the mixer and the ever-present tutorial side bar. Even the browser seems to be bigger than it needs to be. All part of the "character" of Reason I guess. So I vote to lose the wooden bits and gain a few more precious pixels for something more useful.

Jackjackdaw

23 Apr 2021

Keep the wood.

Rising Night Wave

23 Apr 2021

because of 4th option...

... since reason is based on simulating physical rack mount devices it should stay this way. otherwise it will become ordinary daw and then there will be no charm and nothing special about reason.

i would also like to see there would be more options about colours and textures for mount panels.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2021

+1 for horizontal racks.
I'd like to be able to view all connected devices on one screen.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

EdwardKiy

23 Apr 2021

I like the rack the way it is with wood and all, and sure, it would be cool if they added GUI customizability for people who don't, but I would much rather they focus on removing GUI clutter like the 'windows' top frame or the wasteful Sequencer/Rack/Mixer bezels instead, get full Recycle functionality into Slice Edit, give us some damn hotkeys - that kind of thing. Their human resource seems very limited.
deeplink wrote:
23 Apr 2021
+1 for horizontal racks.
I'd like to be able to view all connected devices on one screen.
As to the "vertical-horizontal" thing, personally, I think Reason experience is optimal with multiple displays (1 horizontal for sequencer + 1 or 2 vertical for rack and mixer) and that's where the current design really shines and beats competition. Once again, customizability would be great to fit any display setup, but it's not a pressing issue. Not as important as fixing the current workflow handicaps.

displays.jpg
displays.jpg (111.45 KiB) Viewed 2134 times

plaamook

23 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 Apr 2021
Efficient use of screen space is something Reason has never been great at and those wooden bits are just another example. They are not huge but it all adds up. Other examples: the top panel in the sequencer, the black space in the rack and the mixer and the ever-present tutorial side bar. Even the browser seems to be bigger than it needs to be. All part of the "character" of Reason I guess. So I vote to lose the wooden bits and gain a few more precious pixels for something more useful.
Yep.
13" Screen. Need all the space I can get. Poor usage of space as only gotten worse over the years. Giant transport, tabs for windows, etc.
Anyway...back to my usual worries!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

arnigretar

23 Apr 2021

Always loved them, but never really thought about them getting an "update". So answered #2 :)
https://futuregrapher.bandcamp.com/

Reason 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite, Roland Cloud, Arturia V9, Korg Legacy 3, Soundtoys 5, Waves Mercury, Sonic Charge Bundle, N.I.: Massive, Reaktor 6, FM8. + a lot of Hardware. Windows 7/10.

motuscott

23 Apr 2021

Knotty pine w/ just a light varnish
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

WongoTheSane

23 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 Apr 2021
FWIW, you can hide the tutorial bar completely by deselecting the "Always show tutorial area" in the Options menu. This doesn't take away from everything else you've said, obviously, but at least it can give you a few pixels back.

jam-s

23 Apr 2021

To appeal more to gamers they could include animated RGB LED rails instead of the wooden ones. *jk*

DaveyG

23 Apr 2021

WongoTheSane wrote:
23 Apr 2021
FWIW, you can hide the tutorial bar completely by deselecting the "Always show tutorial area" in the Options menu.
Bugger me! Thank you. How did I miss that? Is that a new option or has it been there all along? :shock:

rorystorm

23 Apr 2021

I really like them. I'm a child of the late 70s so wood veneer and musical gear go hand in hand for me.

WongoTheSane

27 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 Apr 2021
Bugger me! Thank you. How did I miss that? Is that a new option or has it been there all along? :shock:
It's been here all along :D tbh, I learned about it a few months ago, after it was pointed out to me. I guess that option is in the wrong menu...

gullum

27 Apr 2021

If they removed them or changed them I'm not even sure I would notice it I use Reason to make music and most of the time I don't even look at the screen

• Information