Installed Reason+ Packs in Hidden Folder

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The_Real_DeanC2000

16 Apr 2021

Hi All,
I've just started trialing Reason+ tonight. So I installed the Reason Companion app, and browsed the available sound packs (very impressive actually). I install about 8 of them, and then went to look for them on my computer. So the packs install to a folder that is normally hidden from view on Windows explorer. You have to click the view menu, and tick the box that says show Hidden folders, and then you can see the folder.

The problem is the Reason Browser does not have such an option. The installed packs folder is still hidden in the Reason Browser, so there's no way to get to the installed packs without physically copying them and moving them to a viewable folder on your computer. Have you guys run across this problem? OS is Windows 10. Thanks.

Dean.

The_Real_DeanC2000

16 Apr 2021

Don't worry guys, I solved it. What you do is right click the user folder, which will then say "Open in explorer". When explorer is open, you can click and drag the Packs folder into the Reason Browser favorites section.

Dean.

Loque

16 Apr 2021

What's wrong with the "Packs" icon in the Reason browser?
Reason12, Win10

The_Real_DeanC2000

16 Apr 2021

I don't have that Icon, and I'm in the most recent version of Reason 11. I have it now that I did the above click and drag, but didn't have it prior to that. Why didn't I have it?

D.

Loque

16 Apr 2021

The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
16 Apr 2021
I don't have that Icon, and I'm in the most recent version of Reason 11. I have it now that I did the above click and drag, but didn't have it prior to that. Why didn't I have it?

D.
If you don't have the standard icon for Packs in Reason similar to like the Rack Extension icon, it's probably a big
Reason12, Win10

jamespember
Reason Studios

17 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
16 Apr 2021
The_Real_DeanC2000 wrote:
16 Apr 2021

D.
If you don't have the standard icon for Packs in Reason similar to like the Rack Extension icon, it's probably a big
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.15.19.png
Screenshot 2021-04-17 at 19.15.19.png (15.33 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
If you don't have a Packs icon in the browser, it means Reason is using your perpetual license instead of the subscription. This is most likely because you have the CodeMeter service running which blocks Reason from accessing the subscription (for now). https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... his-first-

Arrant
Competition Winner

07 Aug 2022

I came here because when my sub ran out, the packs icon was deleted from Reason, and I needed to add it back manually.

Good to know that you can find them here (windows): %AppData%\Propellerhead Software\Packs
Drag and drop back into the Reason browser and you're back in business.

• Information