Reason High Resolution Graphics: Join the Testing Team!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mravdirato

16 Apr 2021

Reason Studios on YouTube wrote:Sign up to test: https://www.reasonstudios.com/hd​

Reason is going high def! The future of Reason has never looked so clear and we’d love your help testing it out. It’s no secret that we’ve been hard at work this year updating Reason to support high resolution displays and now the time has come when we’d like to see it installed and tested on as many computers as possible to ensure the best performance and compatibility when Reason 12 is released. That’s right – Reason 12 is coming soon, but more on that later! :)

Until then, you can already start enjoying the high resolution Rack and appreciate each crisp Reason device with your face up close to the screen as you pour over the crisp new detail. Believe us, we’ve been doing it for months!

#ReasonStudios​ #NoMoreMagnifyingGlass​ #HD​

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

V12 Is going to need more than hi dpi....

If vst3 and full vst midi isn't supported then it's not going to be much better.

And before anyone says 2.4 is dead think about how many vst midi 2.4 devices are still available and have already been purchased and updated.

But will definitely be watching.
Last edited by Billy+ on 16 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

RoryM0

16 Apr 2021

HYPETRAIN - ALL ABOARD!

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
16 Apr 2021
HYPETRAIN - ALL ABOARD!
:lol:

Yeah I wonder if we are going to be as disappointed as the last hype train ride we all got on........

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2021

I bet we will see the combinator today.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

16 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
RoryM0 wrote:
16 Apr 2021
HYPETRAIN - ALL ABOARD!

Yeah I wonder if we are going to be as disappointed as the last hype train ride we all got on........
Just to set some expectations here, guys... today's video isn't announcing Reason 12. It's just talking about high resolution graphics and opening up a public testing effort for that. You'll see when you see the video. :)

Noise
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2021

but but but the post title is "HERE WE GOOOOOO! R12 IS COMING!" what is going on. :lol:
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
16 Apr 2021
The title suggests that they are after tester, I hope that they answer if it can be run along side a standard install of Reason as it never got answered last time and is the only thing holding me back from testing the beta...

RoryM0

16 Apr 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Just to set some expectations here, guys... today's video isn't announcing Reason 12. It's just talking about high resolution graphics and opening up a public testing effort for that. You'll see when you see the video. :)
This was my only expectation mate, as it is clearly stated in the video's title. I'm still on the HD hype train. CHOO-CHOO.
Last edited by RoryM0 on 16 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Ryan can the beta be installed along side Reason V11 official release, I would really love to know.

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

Noise wrote:
16 Apr 2021
but but but the post title is "HERE WE GOOOOOO! R12 IS COMING!" what is going on. :lol:
Wishful thinking

supersplaron

16 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Ryan can the beta be installed along side Reason V11 official release, I would really love to know.
Yes it can. I'm running the beta in parallel with my Suite installation.

ryanharlin
Reason Studios

16 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Noise wrote:
16 Apr 2021
The title suggests that they are after tester, I hope that they answer if it can be run along side a standard install of Reason as it never got answered last time and is the only thing holding me back from testing the beta...
The answer is the Reason Standalone (DAW) will be installed alongside the one you currently have installed but the Reason Rack Plugin version would be replaced. So if you're primarily a plugin user you'd need to reinstall R11 if you wanted to get back to that plugin version. If you're primarily a Reason DAW user, you'll be able to launch one or the other from your Applications folder.

deeplink
Competition Winner

16 Apr 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Ryan coming in with what this Forum needs.. expectations. Good job Ry
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

PhillipOrdonez

16 Apr 2021

What happened to the "ongoing" beta program?

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021
It's still ongoing

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

supersplaron wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Yes it can. I'm running the beta in parallel with my Suite installation.
Am I going to have any hassle from companion?

I'm using computer auth in V11 Perpetual License Edition , I'm assuming beta is sign in on launch?

PhillipOrdonez

16 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021
It's still ongoing
Does it mean they are testing this already?

guitfnky

16 Apr 2021

deeplink wrote:
16 Apr 2021
ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Ryan coming in with what this Forum needs.. expectations. Good job Ry
yes, this is great to see 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

ryanharlin wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

The answer is the Reason Standalone (DAW) will be installed alongside the one you currently have installed but the Reason Rack Plugin version would be replaced. So if you're primarily a plugin user you'd need to reinstall R11 if you wanted to get back to that plugin version. If you're primarily a Reason DAW user, you'll be able to launch one or the other from your Applications folder.
That's fine with me I'm a hardcore Reason DAW fanboy and can't stand the fact you keep telling me to buy the competition lol

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

It's still ongoing
I'm sure some are, and when Ryan did the Algo video he was running an internal development version if I remember correctly it was revealed by Mat.....

PhillipOrdonez

16 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021

I'm sure some are, and when Ryan did the Algo video he was running an internal development version if I remember correctly it was revealed by Mat.....
That does not mean that those in the program are testing it.

Billy+

16 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

Sounds like it's going to happen......

I wonder if it's going to be a free update rather than a V12 major?

guitfnky

16 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021

I don’t think they (we) are. the last update I found in the beta site is from a few months ago—but then, I also didn’t look very hard.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

QVprod

16 Apr 2021

So my R12 prediction was wrong. But I was right about there being an announcement in April. Think this gives us a good idea how updates will be handled. Excited to be able to see text in large print lol... it’s needed

• Information