Reason query

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
fatehasfans

12 Apr 2021

Hi,

I'm new to Reason and Im using Reason 5.

I have a quick question, when I setup Matrix's with sequencers that I want to use and I have several tracks on the board everytime I press play to listen to the patterns I've copied to tracks/board all the matrixs will run too! So basically I have the copied matrixs patterns playing but also the matrixs themselves will 'run' so I find when I press play to listen to my track I have to then turn off all the matrixs that are running. Could anyone help here because it's such a pain having to turn them all off every time I just want to listen to what I've done.

Much appreciated!

Billy+

13 Apr 2021

Well you have at least 3 choices,

if you send the pattern to track your not using the matrix any more so either disconnect it or turn it off.

you can also use pattern automation if you design multiple patterns across the bank.

or just leave it to play when you hit either of the run buttons, the one on the matrix or the master transport.

But it's not as smart as the new player, they will actually switch off once you send to track, but that's just as annoying sometimes, so it really is on you to make the decision.

Hope that helps.

fatehasfans

14 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
13 Apr 2021

if you send the pattern to track your not using the matrix any more so either disconnect it or turn it off.

you can also use pattern automation if you design multiple patterns across the bank.

or just leave it to play when you hit either of the run buttons, the one on the matrix or the master transport.

But it's not as smart as the new player, they will actually switch off once you send to track, but that's just as annoying sometimes, so it really is on you to make the decision.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help. Though you mentioned 'it's not as smart as the new player...'? What does this mean exactly? That the most current version of Reason will turn off Matrix automatically when I've copied pattern to track and press play?

I'm still a little confused over option 2 and 3 though. I dont know what automation is and mastyer transport, like I said I'm a real beginner here. Will get a look at some videos but often they arent on the context you need.

Thanks again, all help greatly appreciated!

plaingraywall

14 Apr 2021

fatehasfans wrote:
14 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
13 Apr 2021

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the help. Though you mentioned 'it's not as smart as the new player...'? What does this mean exactly? That the most current version of Reason will turn off Matrix automatically when I've copied pattern to track and press play?

I'm still a little confused over option 2 and 3 though. I dont know what automation is and mastyer transport, like I said I'm a real beginner here. Will get a look at some videos but often they arent on the context you need.

Thanks again, all help greatly appreciated!
He means 'players' which are a type of device in the newer versions of Reason but not in Reason 5.

You'd do well to read the manual, v5 is near the bottom of this page: https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... Help-Files

Oquasec

14 Apr 2021

fatehasfans wrote:
12 Apr 2021
Hi,

I'm new to Reason and Im using Reason 5.

I have a quick question, when I setup Matrix's with sequencers that I want to use and I have several tracks on the board everytime I press play to listen to the patterns I've copied to tracks/board all the matrixs will run too! So basically I have the copied matrixs patterns playing but also the matrixs themselves will 'run' so I find when I press play to listen to my track I have to then turn off all the matrixs that are running. Could anyone help here because it's such a pain having to turn them all off every time I just want to listen to what I've done.

Much appreciated!
---
Older versions of Reason Have a couple ways to do this quickly va CV.
Another way is to rewire it with something Like Protools or FL or something.
---
If you're doing it the standalone way then you can just clear the automation lane or use the CV.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information