Transfer of license denied

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Raeko

12 Apr 2021

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew how to help with a problem I've run into transferring my Reason 10 license

I applied to transfer the license and got an email back saying -

"Your transfer request has been denied since you have requested the transfer of a full version which has been upgraded, without transferring the upgrade."

I don't see anywhere on the product page for me to transfer the Reason 10 license along with the upgrades

I haven't authorized my computer to use the software offline, just connect via internet each time.

Added of picture of My Product page.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Attachments
reason license.jpg
reason license.jpg (112.73 KiB) Viewed 2351 times

DaveyG

12 Apr 2021

It sounds like they think you have upgraded it to 11 and are then trying to transfer the 10, which you are clearly not. Only RS support can help you I think.. Good luck!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2021

Do you have any other licenses on that page that we can't see?

bangaio

12 Apr 2021

Have you trialled reason + at all?

Raeko

12 Apr 2021

bangaio wrote:
12 Apr 2021
Have you trialled reason + at all?
Reason 10 is the only product I've used.

bangaio

12 Apr 2021

It's really weird then. I put a transfer through the other day and it was all very smooth. I would be getting in touch with support as others have suggested.

Raeko

12 Apr 2021

bangaio wrote:
12 Apr 2021
It's really weird then. I put a transfer through the other day and it was all very smooth. I would be getting in touch with support as others have suggested.
I've contacted support and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I thought maybe I'd put the transfer through wrong or that there was something I was missing but it seems so far that something has gone wrong their end

eusti

12 Apr 2021

I agree. Seems to be a misunderstanding on RS’ behalf.
Good luck!

D.

Aquila

13 Apr 2021

Raeko wrote:
12 Apr 2021
I've contacted support and am waiting for them to get back to me.
Put the kettle on...

Raeko

13 Apr 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Apr 2021
Missed your comment earlier. Yes, I do have some other licenses on products I've never used (enclosed pic)

The only possible conflict I see is Reason Adapted 2.5. It shows in the upgraded section of Reason 10 and as it's own license in the section ( the license numbers are the same ) so this could be it actually.

I'm thinking I should try transferring all licenses across and hope this solves it
Attachments
reason_full.png
reason_full.png (124.9 KiB) Viewed 2043 times

dasmode

13 Apr 2021

You need to mark for transfer ALL licenses that were used in the upgrade chain. Reason 2.5, and other licenses.

Raeko

13 Apr 2021

dasmode wrote:
13 Apr 2021
You need to mark for transfer ALL licenses that were used in the upgrade chain. Reason 2.5, and other licenses.
I thought Reason Adapted 2.5 was a completely different software and didn't need transfer.

After googling it seems that it was a very early version of the software.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2021

Raeko wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
12 Apr 2021
Missed your comment earlier. Yes, I do have some other licenses on products I've never used (enclosed pic)

The only possible conflict I see is Reason Adapted 2.5. It shows in the upgraded section of Reason 10 and as it's own license in the section ( the license numbers are the same ) so this could be it actually.

I'm thinking I should try transferring all licenses across and hope this solves it
Looks like you have a split tree that RS will have to sort out. Your Reason Record might have to be wrapped up into the same tree if it was part of Reason Duo...

Oquasec

14 Apr 2021

Odd. Altho I;m never getting rid of that license it does seem odd. I would contact propellerhead about it if you are selling the license away or something.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Nerveclinic

18 Apr 2021

Good luck, Reason support is a joke...

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2021

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
13 Apr 2021
Raeko wrote:
13 Apr 2021

Looks like you have a split tree that RS will have to sort out. Your Reason Record might have to be wrapped up into the same tree if it was part of Reason Duo...
If that's the case, there's no reason why the system cannot automatically check the ones required to perform the transfer.

• Information