Reason 10.4 on Big Sur (Intel not M1)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dvdrtldg

Post 04 Apr 2021

Is anyone running Reason 10.4 on Big Sur (Intel, not M1 chip)? I know it's not officially supported, but can anyone confirm that it works OK?

Billy+

Post 05 Apr 2021

Install it and report back.

integerpoet

Post 05 Apr 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
04 Apr 2021
Is anyone running Reason 10.4 on Big Sur (Intel, not M1 chip)? I know it's not officially supported, but can anyone confirm that it works OK?
It appears RS have three categories of compatibility:
  • compatible
  • untested
  • incompatible
When you say "not officially supported", it sounds to me as if you're hoping it falls into the second category.

But it doesn't; it falls into the third category, which sounds to me as if RS has tested it and identified significant problems.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.

More details:

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -statement

dvdrtldg

Post 06 Apr 2021

integerpoet wrote:
05 Apr 2021
It appears RS have three categories of compatibility:
  • compatible
  • untested
  • incompatible
When you say "not officially supported", it sounds to me as if you're hoping it falls into the second category.

But it doesn't; it falls into the third category, which sounds to me as if RS has tested it and identified significant problems.

I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Yeah I think you're right. Oh well. I have to buy a new MacBook soon, might leave it until next month and then hopefully pick up a cheap May Madness upgrade to Reason 11 on the new machine

I'm running older versions of quite a lot of stuff, figured out that at regular prices, upgrading all my music software for Big Sur compatibility would set me back at least about $850

boomer

Post 06 Apr 2021

There have been a few posts both here and on Reddit that say they are sucessful using 10.4 on Big Sur. Search “reason 10 Big Sur”

• Information