Reason crashing on launch and exit

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thomas_kain

03 Apr 2021

Hello,
I have been struggling with this problem for some time. I am running latest version of Reason on Mac on Catalina (previously) and now on BigSur.
The problem is the app is crashing all the time. When I launch Reason it suddenly quits (I can send message with error to apple, ignore, or relaunch app), so I need to launch that like 2-3 times until it actually starts. When I quit, it ALWAYS crashes. So it never really quits normally.
Did you have a similar experience and do you know how to possibly solve that? At least I can use it, but this constant crashing is killing me. It also tends to crash just in the middle of working (rarely but it happens).
Thanks.

tiker01

03 Apr 2021

Hi!

I am on Windows so no chance to reproduce this. If you haven't sent an error report to Reason Studios I strongly recommend to do so. Also a complete reinstall might help. Another thing worth to try is disable VSTs and enable them one by one.

Good luck! 😉

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information