Reason 12 DAW Release and Price poll

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Pick a V12 release month and price.

April
2%
May
8%
June
8%
July
3%
August
5%
September
17%
October
8%
November
2%
December
4%
Pay what you want
4%
Less than €$£100
4%
More than €$£100
36%
Subscription only
2%

Total votes: 199
ltbrunt00

Post 07 Apr 2021

I hope it is a major release which radically shakes things up as we know it. I want them to take as long as time as needed to finish R12. Maybe a Christmas release which would become a big Christmas present for many of us.
Reason, Cubase, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

WOO

Post 08 Apr 2021

My guess is its going to cost $199.00 $249.00. As I see it 12 will be the last of the p.l. updates anyway so why not get as much money out of those of us resisting the subscription model. Depending on how the subscription and using it as a plugin in other daws works out for them financially I still have my doubts about seeing them survive past 2022 without being sold.
We must forever extinguish the notion of war as an acceptable means of dealing with conflicts. Owsley

Billy+

Post 08 Apr 2021

WOO wrote:
08 Apr 2021
My guess is its going to cost $199.00 $249.00. As I see it 12 will be the last of the p.l. updates anyway so why not get as much money out of those of us resisting the subscription model. Depending on how the subscription and using it as a plugin in other daws works out for them financially I still have my doubts about seeing them survive past 2022 without being sold.
Considering that suite was a V11 release and most would have since purchased Friktion and Algorithm leaving nothing extra to add value to a bundle I can't see any way RS could justify an increase in a standard upgrade price.

As for the last pl? I'm guessing you are saying the last perpetual license, I'm not convinced that is going to happen - I could be wrong but I'm confident that they will continue to sell licenses rather than relying solely on subscriptions as it makes no sense to remove the revenue stream, the whole point of subscriptions was to encourage more people in with a lower initial cost.

Unfortunately I still can't see subscription as a viable option for me personally and I've listened everyday to the content packs and can honestly say that they haven't enticed me to subscribe, nor has the inclusion of the devices that I don't own (Algorithm and Mutator)

guitfnky

Post 10 Apr 2021

$200+ upgrade price? not a chance in hell. not unless they bring the DAW in line with modern DAW standards. even throwing us a good number of quality of life improvements wouldn’t be enough to get it there. it would have to be an absolutely enormous overhaul for them to make it worth that upgrade price.

npinero1

Post 10 Apr 2021

My guess, IMHO, is that ReasonStudios has their own ideas on updates and they have probably looked at some of the features that this group has provided. Those features that work for ReasonV12 AND ALSO Reason Rack+ will get priority so that they can appeal to the broadest number of users. I hope they go farther than that and give us updates on Reason Perpetual like VST3, punch in/out, etc.

I would pay for an upgrade, the only software that I think IMO comes close in terms of usability to Reason is Presonus Studio One for me.
:reason: :re: :refillpacker: :reload: :ignition:

• Information