Reason 12 DAW Release and Price poll

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Pick a V12 release month and price.

April
4
2%
May
15
8%
June
15
8%
July
6
3%
August
9
5%
September
32
16%
October
15
8%
November
3
2%
December
7
4%
Pay what you want
8
4%
Less than €$£100
7
4%
More than €$£100
70
36%
Subscription only
4
2%
 
Total votes: 195
User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 01 Apr 2021

So what's the community speculation about the upcoming V12 Reason release?

Pick a release month and price.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3951
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 01 Apr 2021

I'll ask Mystic Meg shall I lol!

Or I'll ask my mate Claire...Claire Voyant.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2292
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 01 Apr 2021

I'm asking the great and powerful Nobody, cos Nobody knows
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
jam-s
Posts: 1312
Joined: 17 Apr 2015
Location: Aachen, Germany

Post 01 Apr 2021

motuscott wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I'm asking the great and powerful Nobody, cos Nobody knows
Oh yes, and he also cares.
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace. ... Pool's closed due to corona.

User avatar
BRIGGS
Posts: 1415
Joined: 25 Sep 2015
Location: Orange County California

Post 01 Apr 2021

motuscott wrote:
01 Apr 2021
I'm asking the great and powerful Nobody, cos Nobody knows
Image
R11 Suite

My music made in Reason : https://audius.co/jeff40529158

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 2342
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 01 Apr 2021

757365206c6f67696320746f207365656b20616e73776572732075736520726561736f6e20746f2066696e6420776973646f6d

DJMaytag
Posts: 298
Joined: 17 Jun 2015
Location: Madison, WI

Post 01 Apr 2021

September 2021 or else it’ll be Feb 2022. Either way, I expect it to be $129 for the upgrade.

User avatar
R303
Posts: 26
Joined: 15 Feb 2021

Post 01 Apr 2021

I guess May, but September might bring more money.

User avatar
challism
Moderator
Posts: 2460
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

Glad to see nobody selected subscription only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Glad to see nobody selected subscription only.
I included it just so nobody could say it was missing ;)

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3951
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 02 Apr 2021

Hmmmm!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.25 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1499
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

My two votes... Sept. and Oct.. :)

Yonatan
Posts: 1311
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

May and Sept voted, only because those are my favorite months of the year.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Apr 2021

You was supposed to select a month and a price :thumbs_up:
MannequinRaces wrote:
02 Apr 2021
My two votes... Sept. and Oct.. :)
Yonatan wrote:
02 Apr 2021
May and Sept voted, only because those are my favorite months of the year.

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 2292
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 02 Apr 2021

Decembre of the yeer of our lord 2525. Am I doing this rite?
Costing about a millon dollops, for existing users that's two millon.
Membership pays, or not, depending
The Now Sound of MIDI Thru 🧂

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 02 Apr 2021

I can remember when an upgrade was £89 and I'm wondering if they might go back to that for a licensed basic DAW then you have the option to pay monthly for the extra subscription services.

€$£20 for the contest packs and RS device collection.
Along with the device subscriptions that are available (Started | Experienced | Professional)

User avatar
MannequinRaces
Posts: 1499
Joined: 18 Jan 2015

Post 02 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
You was supposed to select a month and a price :thumbs_up:
MannequinRaces wrote:
02 Apr 2021
My two votes... Sept. and Oct.. :)
Yonatan wrote:
02 Apr 2021
May and Sept voted, only because those are my favorite months of the year.
I know! ;) One of the months I chose will now be inflated by +1 bwahahahahaha. Your poll lies in ruins because of ‘fake’ data.

DaveyG
Posts: 752
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 02 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
I can remember when an upgrade was £89 and I'm wondering if they might go back to that for a licensed basic DAW then you have the option to pay monthly for the extra subscription services.

€$£20 for the contest packs and RS device collection.
Along with the device subscriptions that are available (Started | Experienced | Professional)
FL Studio. Pay once, upgrade for free forever. Kinda attractive in these squeezed times.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 03 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
I can remember when an upgrade was £89 and I'm wondering if they might go back to that for a licensed basic DAW then you have the option to pay monthly for the extra subscription services.

€$£20 for the contest packs and RS device collection.
Along with the device subscriptions that are available (Started | Experienced | Professional)
FL Studio. Pay once, upgrade for free forever. Kinda attractive in these squeezed times.
Was always interested in fl but never actually tried it.

User avatar
demt
Posts: 1184
Joined: 16 Sep 2016

Post 03 Apr 2021

I sirpose im fortunate to say as soon as possible and keep 1/2 an eye on the price ,I think I'm addicted to reason and get withdrawals if I don't have the latest and greatest version.
Reason 11 suite ,modular rack ,squarp hermon ,nektar aura ,editerkeys reason keyboard
hear scince reason 2.5

kitekrazy
Posts: 830
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 07 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
02 Apr 2021
Billy+ wrote:
02 Apr 2021
I can remember when an upgrade was £89 and I'm wondering if they might go back to that for a licensed basic DAW then you have the option to pay monthly for the extra subscription services.

€$£20 for the contest packs and RS device collection.
Along with the device subscriptions that are available (Started | Experienced | Professional)
FL Studio. Pay once, upgrade for free forever. Kinda attractive in these squeezed times.
They also decided to move away from the VST market and concentrate on the DAW. They do well financially so they don't offer a subscription option. Going from Reason to FL is like switching from apples to oranges.

User avatar
RoryM0
Posts: 209
Joined: 21 Jun 2017

Post 07 Apr 2021

I went with June and more than £100... I mean a standard upgrade is £129 so this seems like the obvious pick. However I speculate it'll actually be more than £129 for this upgrade.

User avatar
Billy+
Posts: 1981
Joined: 09 Dec 2016

Post 07 Apr 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
07 Apr 2021
I went with June and more than £100... I mean a standard upgrade is £129 so this seems like the obvious pick. However I speculate it'll actually be more than £129 for this upgrade.
It's going to have to be spectacular for me to buy it this time round. I only just got 11 last time as they offered suite.

DaveyG
Posts: 752
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 07 Apr 2021

Billy+ wrote:
07 Apr 2021
It's going to have to be spectacular for me to buy it this time round.
Hmmm. "Spectacular" you say? I certainly hope so but I won't be betting the house on it.

Maybe they'll get rid of the RRP and bring back Rewire. (<- this is a joke)
Or get rid of offline authentication. (<- this is also a joke)
Or remove VST support. That would stop the complaints about VST3 and MIDI VSTs.... (but is also a joke)

User avatar
tiker01
Moderator
Posts: 1364
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 07 Apr 2021

I think the upgrade will cost the same old 129€ and I would say it will be out in end of Q3 or early Q4 (September/October). To be fair I think not even Mattias knows when it will be ready for release. 😁
    
Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], rorystorm, Trendiction [Bot] and 4 guests