Stacking notes (chords) with Matrix

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dmrsunz

28 Mar 2021

I've been away from Reason for a while and my knowledge has slipped away. I have created a set of arpeggio patterns in Matrix but importantly (musically) is the addition of a second note to sound with the first note in each arpeggio pattern (e.g. a C-E-G-C with the D in the bass). Since Matrix can only trigger one note at a time how do I get the second note using the same instance of the synth? My current workaround was to create a second instance of the synth with a second instance of matrix with the set of chord tones. But that isn't very elegant and I assume there is at least one much better way to achieve this. Thanks in advance for any help.

pushedbutton

28 Mar 2021

what version of reason are you using? we have the 'Scales and Chords' player now.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Jackjackdaw

29 Mar 2021

Presuming you want to stick with using Matrix, could you have two Matrix into a Spider then into the synth?

Mataya

29 Mar 2021

I do it by using MoPol Re by Lectric panda. It's a free one. Just connect your matrixes to cv(note) and gate and use outbut B from MoPol device into a synth you want.
There's three outputs form MoPol. See which one you like/need, but it seems to me you want output B.

M

Rising Night Wave

29 Mar 2021

Use this (this will help you):

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... layer-tap/

CV Player Tap. IT's free. Just download it.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information