Effects on Audio Track one heard on Audio Track 2?!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

I've never noticed this before so had to ask if it's as it should be.
Create an Audio Track 1. Add an effect. (we'll say a delay)
Create an Audio Track 2. Add an effect. (we'll say a fuzz).
Click the speaker icon on Track 1 then select Track 2 (also with the speaker lit green) and play your guitar or whatever through it. Even though only the Track with the fuzz (2) is selected you also hear the effect which is on Track 1. I never noticed that before. Now what's the good in that? Why would I want to hear the effects on one audio track being applied to a different audio track?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

I think this is by design. It’s so you can monitor (the speaker icon) multiple audio tracks at the same time, say if you were recording an instrument with multiple mics or multiple instruments at once.

In your example though both audio tracks just happen to be recording the same single instrument, your guitar, so you hear both tracks with their effects if you turn on the monitor icon for both.
Last edited by Steedus on 28 Mar 2021, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2021

Steedus wrote:
28 Mar 2021
I think this is by design. It’s so you can monitor (the shaker icon) multiple audio tracks at the same time, say if you were recording an instrument with multiple mics or multiple instruments at once.

In your example though both audio tracks just happen to be recording the same single instrument, your guitar, so you hear both tracks with their effects if you turn on the monitor icon for both.
Ah right! Thanks :). Glad to hear it's (probably) supposed to be like that :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information