Europa Envelope issue / bug?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MattLeschuck

26 Mar 2021

Im curious if anyone else has noticed that Europa's Envelopes don't retrigger no matter the setting when playing overlapping notes. I really like using Europa's envelopes on other synths but this i find quite annoying. Ive tried everything to figure out a work around but nothing is working.

Sweepers envelope behaves the same way, however if i run CV player tap with multiple gate out's into it, it will will than retrigger its envelope when notes overlap. This method unfortunately doesn't work for Europa or Grains envelope. Id be fine with Sweeper, but i do like the sustain feature that Europa's envelope has.

Let me know what you guys think.. I can post a video if anyone wants more detail.

Jackjackdaw

27 Mar 2021

I could be wrong , but I was under the impression that the envelope does trigger but the graphical display only shows the first pressed note.

selig
RE Developer

27 Mar 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Mar 2021
I could be wrong , but I was under the impression that the envelope does trigger but the graphical display only shows the first pressed note.
It does internally, but not when you send the signal out via CV for some reason.
Selig Audio, LLC

MattLeschuck

27 Mar 2021

selig wrote:
27 Mar 2021
Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Mar 2021
It does internally, but not when you send the signal out via CV for some reason.
This.. I probably should of made it more clear in my post that im trying to get this to work while using it externally with CV. When using it internally, the little arrow wont retrigger but you can hear it in the sound.

I can get Sweepers Modulation to retrigger when stacking multiple notes (using CV player tap) but i can't find away to get Europa's to.

Jackjackdaw

28 Mar 2021

Sounds like a bug to me. I would expect it to work as you intend it to.

splitpen

28 Mar 2021

Hi Matt,

Adressed the same problem a couple of months ago.
I've found a workaround using thor as a trigger. Also made a ticket on RS.. but they never answered me back on it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521462&p=536985#p536985
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

• Information