Very strange noise every 50 sec.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mocnak

26 Mar 2021

I have an interesting problem with Reason. I have owned it since the first version. In version 10 and now 11, a special sound artifact appears. There is a loud noise every 50 seconds. It doesn't matter if I play a song or everything is stopped. There is always a noise for a few seconds and then again for another 50 seconds. It only happens when I run Reason. Nothing is happening in the system. The audio recording is attached. The last two versions of the program do it for me. It doesn't matter which sound card I have. I have already tried 3 models of external card and one internal sound card. Don't know what it could be?

Thanks to all.
Attachments
noise.mp3
(158.76 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Noise
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2021

Can you check if you have any VST in demo mode ? Sometimes they do that, to make sure you can't use their sound / effects.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

challism

26 Mar 2021

I agree with Noise. That sounds like a demo VST to me.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Billy+

26 Mar 2021

Do you get the noise in an empty rack?

Spire vst definitely makes white noise in demo mode, not sure about other vst's but it's common for demos.

mocnak

26 Mar 2021

It was Spire in Demo mode. Elementary mistake by me. Thank you all. :-)

Billy+

26 Mar 2021

mocnak wrote:
26 Mar 2021
It was Spire in Demo mode. Thank you all. :-)
It's on sale at the moment, also respire has gone down in price and you can use reward point for part of the purchase if you have any. Personally I would pay the extra and get the vst version :thumbs_up:

madmacman

26 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Mar 2021
mocnak wrote:
26 Mar 2021
It was Spire in Demo mode. Thank you all. :-)
Personally I would pay the extra and get the vst version :thumbs_up:
Totally agree! The UI of ReSpire is painful, and the RE in general works better as preset player rather than a full fledged synth. If you are serious about creating your own sounds, then go for the VST! As a bonus: the RE is now more or less abandoned while the VST is still under active development.

Billy+

26 Mar 2021

madmacman wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
26 Mar 2021

Personally I would pay the extra and get the vst version :thumbs_up:
Totally agree! The UI of ReSpire is painful, and the RE in general works better as preset player rather than a full fledged synth. If you are serious about creating your own sounds, then go for the VST! As a bonus: the RE is now more or less abandoned while the VST is still under active development.
Actually the RE hasn't been abandoned and has the exact same functionality as the vst, the only difference is the new browser which isn't needed in the RE version - The UI in respire is harder to work with but ultimately offers the exact same options all be it in a much more fiddle way.

I actually own both and use both depending on my mood :lol:

madmacman

26 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
26 Mar 2021

Actually the RE hasn't been abandoned and has the exact same functionality as the vst,
Yeah, sorry. Found the source. It was a statement by Enoch in another thread and not an official info. I remembered that wrong.

Billy+

26 Mar 2021

Checkout this :- viewtopic.php?p=543661#p543661

We figured it out the difference between the two is minimal and makes no real difference, which makes respire good value but I would still say if you can afford it buy the vst.

aeox
Competition Winner

26 Mar 2021

mocnak wrote:
26 Mar 2021
I have an interesting problem with Reason. I have owned it since the first version. In version 10 and now 11, a special sound artifact appears. There is a loud noise every 50 seconds. It doesn't matter if I play a song or everything is stopped. There is always a noise for a few seconds and then again for another 50 seconds. It only happens when I run Reason. Nothing is happening in the system. The audio recording is attached. The last two versions of the program do it for me. It doesn't matter which sound card I have. I have already tried 3 models of external card and one internal sound card. Don't know what it could be?

Thanks to all.
I've had a few jump scares from those demo noises :D

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Mar 2021

Note: You can buy the RE version then cross-grade to the VST version, they take of the price you paid for the RE version off, so you end up with both versions to choose from..

• Information