Had to reinstall windows, what do I do about reinstalling R10 and authorising it?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Zac

25 Mar 2021

As the title says... I want to reauthourise my pc. Will I have to contact support? Thanks...

LongFist

25 Mar 2021

Nope. All you need to do is log in to your RS account, download your Reason version, install it, check to make sure your computer is still authorized, then Sync All from your RE page/tab. After a bit of time (the license file getting re-written, and all of your REs being downloaded), you should be able to rock and roll (or country and western, or whatever) as you did before. Oh, you'll need to copy *your* Reason creations (and custom patches) back to the new install, if you want to use them: the RS system doesn't have the capacity to do that, just yet.
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2021

Zac wrote:
25 Mar 2021
As the title says... I want to reauthourise my pc. Will I have to contact support? Thanks...
Chemistry PhD and you need to ask that?!

;)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

25 Mar 2021

LongFist wrote:
25 Mar 2021
Nope. All you need to do is log in to your RS account, download your Reason version, install it, check to make sure your computer is still authorized, then Sync All from your RE page/tab. After a bit of time (the license file getting re-written, and all of your REs being downloaded), you should be able to rock and roll (or country and western, or whatever) as you did before. Oh, you'll need to copy *your* Reason creations (and custom patches) back to the new install, if you want to use them: the RS system doesn't have the capacity to do that, just yet.
Thanks, much appreciated 👍

Zac

25 Mar 2021

MrFigg wrote:
25 Mar 2021
Zac wrote:
25 Mar 2021
Chemistry PhD and you need to ask that?!

;)
Hahaha that seems like a very long time ago 😅

• Information