Is there a shortcut for changing patches on a rack?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
okaino

25 Mar 2021

I want to make sure im not missing anything, but does anyone know if theres a shortcut to change patches on a rack?

Is changing patches on racks only something that can be done via reason remote?

Please let me know

Thanks!

RoryM0

25 Mar 2021

If there isn't I really wish there was.

deeplink
Competition Winner

25 Mar 2021

On the selected device,
Keyboard CTRL-B - to open up the patch browser
And then up and down arrows to browse
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

LongFist

25 Mar 2021

...and if you want a patch for a different instrument (let's say you're browsing in Rack Extensions tab) simply drag the new patch (for the different instrument) over the existing instrument, and Reason will replace the current instrument with the new one!

Often I'll perform a search for a noise description, and then scroll through all of the patches returned, and just select them in whatever sequence. The same rack location will shift from instrument to instrument as I sample the patch to see if [a] it fits what I was looking for or it inspires me to perhaps go in a different direction. Sometimes it's just [c] cool, but not what I need for the current application. Really cool feature, though, and apparently often overlooked.
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

• Information