CodeMeter Weirdness?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Finding this morning that despite CodeMeter running, I'm being asked to sign in every time I open Reason (v10.4, Win8.1 x64).

I tried syncing all REs from the website and it downloaded 3 REs that I have on trial but had already deleted. Strangely after opening Reason after that I was still asked to sign in but the panel was different to usual, it normally says 'some rack extensions are online only' in an oblong shaped window when you have stuff on trial, but I just got a square log in box that didn't mention my online only trial REs.

Have deleted those REs again and restarted computer, still asking me to log in every time.

Anyone else?

Jackjackdaw

24 Mar 2021

I get this sort of thing all the time. I make sure no trials are installed then de/reauthorise my computer on the RS website.

DaveyG

24 Mar 2021

I get this sometimes with the RRP but only very rarely with the standalone. Sometimes it magically fixes itself and sometimes I have to figure out which RE is the problem then find it in the shop and download it again. Note that this is somehow different to downloading it from "my products". Makes no sense to me.

And wouldn't it be nice if the error dialog told you which RE(s) were causing the problem?

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

have you got the latest version installed?

RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Latest version of CodeMeter, hmm not sure tbh. I've never knowingly updated it since installing in 2017 so perhaps not.

However just noticed this:
licence.png
licence.png (94.75 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Reason Studios now seems to say I have no licences attached to the computer I'm on because they are on a different computer, and it seems the ID number has changed. You can see in the codemeter window that it is searching for licences for this new number (ending 719) and not finding any.

This is the same computer I've always used, for some reason it is being incorrectly recognised as a different computer.

Bit annoying.

RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Thanks for the links. Trying installs now.

No I haven't changed my hardware. Was working yesterday with same setup that is suddenly recognised as a different computer today. Hmm.

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

I've never stopped using the dongle since I got it and it worked very well until RRP but I can't stand the current authorisation system being used and it needs to be changed.

personal I would rather they issued licenses files even though it would be a complete pain in the ass to reinstall everything I would rather that than try dealing with support as it's never really felt like support.

I was looking at getting a laptop for portable use and checking the software I have / would want on it the only software I would have a problem with is Reason every other manufacturer/developer will allow at least 2 devices some like spire say if it's yours it's fine but Reason is 1 and 1 only.

And now you can't even run it on 1 as the license manager thinks your machine has changed....

The worst part is that they RS get pissy about using the lost machine function and limit its use.

RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I've never stopped using the dongle since I got it and it worked very well until RRP but I can't stand the current authorisation system being used and it needs to be changed.

personal I would rather they issued licenses files even though it would be a complete pain in the ass to reinstall everything I would rather that than try dealing with support as it's never really felt like support.

I was looking at getting a laptop for portable use and checking the software I have / would want on it the only software I would have a problem with is Reason every other manufacturer/developer will allow at least 2 devices some like spire say if it's yours it's fine but Reason is 1 and 1 only.

And now you can't even run it on 1 as the license manager thinks your machine has changed....

The worst part is that they RS get pissy about using the lost machine function and limit its use.
Yeah I'm kind of edgy about submitting a support request (which I just did a couple of minutes ago) as I've not heard amazing stuff about their responses to problems similar to the one I'm encountering. Thanks for help all who have posted. Will add any responses/developments to this thread.

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

Good luck with your support request at least it during a week day, I take it you're running the latest Reason version. Oh at it looks like the codemeter version was from 2017 but authorizer page got updated 4 months ago so that might be a newer version but I can't say for certain.

RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Cheers, no I'm on R10 still.

Some further weirdness. 10 mins after submitting ticket to RS and after leaving this thread, my PC reported a drive error that needed to be fixed on C: (that's the OS drive). Went through the automated process of fixing the drive error(s) and suddenly CodeMeter detects two containers rather than one, the old (correct) one and the new miscellaneous one that sprung up today quite likely as the result of some drive error.

Reason now opens as it should do with CodeMeter running....!!! But now I have TWO licences for one computer. Will have to add this to the support request.
2containers.png
2containers.png (21.13 KiB) Viewed 999 times
2computers.png
2computers.png (63.63 KiB) Viewed 999 times

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

That's a new one

RoryM0

24 Mar 2021

Yeah a bit weird.

kuhliloach

24 Mar 2021

I wish they would drop Codemeter and copy protection from Reason so it could be discovered by the world like Reason 5. The way things are now nobody will ever find out about it or be able to try it out. Just knowing Codemeter is running makes me uncomfortable.

Irruchi

24 Mar 2021

Should have just made a new ignition key that's the size of mordern thumdrives/wifi cards/ ect. where it's super tiny. Would love it on my laptop

Billy+

24 Mar 2021

Should just accept that some will always use pirate software and not waste development time trying to out smart people who do it for a living.

earwig83

27 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021

Yeah I'm kind of edgy about submitting a support request (which I just did a couple of minutes ago) as I've not heard amazing stuff about their responses to problems similar to the one I'm encountering. Thanks for help all who have posted. Will add any responses/developments to this thread.
The fact that I know what you guys mean about being worried about RS being pissy when you contact them shows how much that company is a farce.

earwig83

27 Mar 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Billy+ wrote:
24 Mar 2021

The fact that I know what you guys mean about being worried about RS being pissy when you contact them shows how much that company is a farce.

RoryM0

29 Mar 2021

RS sorted this out yesterday. They said they'd never seen anything like this before. Deleted the erroneous authorisation on my account.

plaamook

31 Mar 2021

I've had nothing but positive experience generally with Props support. Aside from a Grain bug which they seem to have just swept under the rug, they generally just get stuck in.
Last edited by plaamook on 31 Mar 2021, edited 3 times in total.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

plaamook

31 Mar 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I wish they would drop Codemeter and copy protection from Reason so it could be discovered by the world like Reason 5. The way things are now nobody will ever find out about it or be able to try it out. Just knowing Codemeter is running makes me uncomfortable.
I wonder how many people would have used a crack of Reason but since they couldn't they paid the full whack?
If that number is small then we're the only ones suffering with all this code meter malarchy.
I've had the code meter problems in the past (like most people round here) and while yes, it got solved, it just seems like such an unecesarry pain in the hole
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information