Lost all of my paid RE's in Reason 10.4.1 after Sync'ing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Darkersound

16 Mar 2021

Hello all. Hoping to get any help I can to resolve an issue within Reason 10.4.1 - been waiting for 4 days so far for support to make contact and help resolve my ticket (not good). I am mid project on a commercial remix and the clock is ticking for me...

My problem started 4 days ago when I hit the SYNC ALL. It appears to have corrupted Authorizer and has now locked all 35 paid RE's from even being shown within Reason when I open it. I am also getting error messages.

Bit gutted that I've had no contact from support and it does put me off considering upgrading or going the Reason+ route if this is the current gold standard of support response. Had an issue with Soundtoys bundle 5 a couple of weeks ago - took them within 30 mins to initially respond and then resolve the issue (iLOK related).

That to one side - can anyone give any help on what how I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Russ

https://soundcloud.com/darkersound1

LongFist

16 Mar 2021

Hey Russ, I took a similar hit recently, but I managed to trigger a full license update by:
  • Rebooting the machine
  • Giving the Authorizer (a little) time to get started.
  • Logged into my Account on the Reason Studios web page.
  • Went to "My Products->Rack Extensions" in My Account on Reason Studios web page.
  • Clicked on "Sync All" on that same page, way up top.
  • Gave it a few seconds. Suddenly the "Rack Extensions" Authorizer popped up, and it went through a couple gyrations of "Writing License File".
  • Then, in a few seconds (or was it minutes? It felt like hours...) I started Reason up.
  • Aaaaannnd my REs appeared where they were supposed to. Panic averted. (For me, anyway.)
...it's a start. Just remember not to start Reason before you've finished the License update, or sometimes it gets in a weird place, and stuff can get missing.

Good luck and Godspeed! Hope this helps! (But let us know if it doesn't. No, I'm not with Technical Support, but sometimes I play it well on TV...)
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

• Information