If RS drops Reason DAW, would you keep upgrading the RRP?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

If RS drops Reason DAW, would you keep upgrading the RRP?

Yes
16%
Yes, for new stuff
11%
Yes, only to keep old stuff running
6%
No
66%

Total votes: 124
certifiedbeatz

18 Mar 2021

I'm a cubase user rewire is not supported any longer rack loads well as a VST...

Oquasec

18 Mar 2021

Some daws have vsts that are the whole daw.
If that happens to Reason, I wouldn't complain at all.
---
It would be nice to have a standalone version for sketching tho.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

QVprod

19 Mar 2021

antic604 wrote:
18 Mar 2021
QVprod wrote:
18 Mar 2021
The problem with this thought, as mentioned before, is that Rewire already offered most of this. The workflow was just clunky since you had to manage two different files. I know you’re relatively new, having gotten into Reason around 2017, but Rack Extensions (instruments and technically even players) have always been usable within other DAW sequencers. You keep talking about the RRP as if it’s an entirely new concept. It’s not. Whether you care for the change or not, it’s the successor to Rewire.
Are there any stats on how many users actually used ReWire? For RRP it's supposed to be 40% after a year of its presence on the market, so they must've done something markedly better with the user experience, right?
I don’t have the stats but many of the return users for the RPP likely tried Rewire at some point. Keep in mind Reason has no audio tracks before version 6 (barring Record) no REs til 6.5 and no VST support til 9.5. So anyone who needed audio tracks or processing outside for Reason’s stock fx were likely Rewiring at some point. (Bouncing stems was also a one by one manual process before Record/ R6) At one point Pro Tools even shipped with a copy of Reason adapted which was sort of the equivalent to what Reason lite is now. I think it’s fair to say a lot of people used it. Likely the same percentage if not higher considering the limitations Reason had at the time.

Yes, the user experience improved in some ways with the RRP over Rewire. The main improvements are not needing 2 different save files (one for Reason and another for the Host DAW) and the ability to use Reason and RE fx in another DAW. Aside from it omitting the rest of the standalone components, it’s otherwise the same exact concept but easier and more convenient to use. The convenience is what draws the interest.

• Information