Interested in genre specific soundpacks?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aeox
Competition Winner

14 Mar 2021

If you were to be learning a new particular genre, or looking for similar sounds known for in a genre, which genre type would you want most in a soundpack?
Project file, midi, patches, notes on processes and methods, etc. Possibility of video tutorials included with said soundpack, a lot a options!

I guess it would primarily be for users looking to step into a specific genre but advanced users can benefit from anything and add it to their arsenal as well.

Rather than doing a poll, just feel free to comment :lightbulb:

dvdrtldg

14 Mar 2021

Don't know about "genre" but I'd be interested in anything to do with experimental generative music and other sort of left-field electronica. Seems like a no-brainer for Reason, which is tailor made for modular/CV-driven abstract bleep blorp. But there seems to be precious little out there in the way of 3rd party resources

joeyluck

15 Mar 2021

I don't have any genre specific interests necessarily, as I feel most synth patches can be pretty diverse in what they can be used for.

For me, I'm probably most interested in sound recreations. Those are fun. I'm a big fan of what EditEd4TV does and I really like the Stranger Things ReFill.

https://sellfy.com/edited4tv/p/HmsR/

I also like what Navi did with the Pop Melancholy pack

https://share.reasonstudios.com/pack/11

Loque

15 Mar 2021

I want it all. Great stuff to learn a genre and improve your possibilities
Reason12, Win10

nickb523
RE Developer

15 Mar 2021

Aeox your music is cool as hell. There is a really interesting fusion of styles going on and it sounds great. If you simply did an "Aeox" flavoured sound pack I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

What the sound pack market needs is lots of creators just doing there own thing. The best packs and sound design come from artists focusing on what they do best. When people start looking to genres there is a tendency to fall foul of pumping out generic packs. A lot of genre specific stuff always reminds me of the presets on the old grooveboxes, you know, like the generic Jungle or Hardcore patterns that were clearly created by a jack of all trades and only ever vaguely sounded like the genre . People who are looking for genre specific packs really need quality that's been put together by someone who actively creates that style of music, otherwise it all just sounds generic and the users can spot it a mile off.

LongFist

15 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
15 Mar 2021
I want it all. Great stuff to learn a genre and improve your possibilities
Seconded! Seconded! I can't tell what my next contract will look like ("...can we make it sound like Country and Western, but with an EDM chorus?") so I tend to collect them all. It's always nice to - at 0312 in the morning - be able to scroll through my resources and see something applicable, no matter how weird it gets.

And you never know when my muse might whisper, and I get to dash off a monster of my own devising for myself! Wow! (Sometimes, it happens. Sometimes.)

So bring on the variety! I'll buy another drive (if I have to) to collect them all.
:rebirth: 2.0.1 :recycle: 2.2 :reload: 1.0 :record: 1.0 :reason: 11 Suite :reason:+ ________ :arrow: Love the entire product line!

pushedbutton

15 Mar 2021

I think that it would be great if rather than picking a genre a soundpack was based on a song.
Selig did some excellent ReMakes and refills he created were really accurate when it came to getting an authentic sound.

Here's a list of bloody awful music that could all sell well as a soundpack if remade in reason...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_B ... _the_2010s
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information