Midi control for selected instrument

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Pobvuyre

13 Mar 2021

Hey!
Am I missing something here....??

Can you assign a midi control surface to activate only the selected instrument or specific things for a selected instrument?

Example:
I can assign remote override mapping to Rotary 1 on a combinator but it only affects that specific combinator. If I click on another combinator, it still affects only that combinator.
I only have 8 knobs on my surface, so having to assign and reassign is a pain. What I would like to do is assign them to different things, depending on what instrument I am using.

I hope this makes sense! It's my first post on here. I've just come back to music making after many years away (recently updated to R11 from R4!!). Playing with it now and just thought that this would be a handy thing for me to be able to do. Can't find it on any tutorials, so I thought I'd join this forum and see how active it is.

Thanks!

jam-s

13 Mar 2021

You will have to write a remote map for your midi controller unless somebody else has done this already for you.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2021

Yes you can, as Jam-s said, you need a remote map however it would help if you specify which controller you have as there maybe one already made.

• Information